Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3)

Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,095 ratings  ·  87 reviews
Dee, Terrence, and Hector are very excited about Author Visit Day. Lewis Scribson is the author of the famous Flippy Bunny books, and Hector is a huge fan! And it gets Dee and Terrence out of math class.

But something is a little off about this special guest. And Coach Birkby, the gym teacher, mysteriously disappears the day of his visit.

What evil designs does this world-fa...more
Published December 22nd 2009 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi
Best Graphic Novels for Children
179th out of 531 books — 615 voters
Echo's Revenge by Sean AustinOz by Eric ShanowerAdventures in Cartooning by James SturmThe Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonThe Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Reluctant (Boy) Readers
42nd out of 51 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola Mansfield
After not being very impressed with book 1 and slightly enjoying book 2, I must say book 3 here has left me feeling much better about this series. After a rather curmudgeonly kiddy author visits to sign books, the school's coach disappears. Lunch Lady and the gang do some research and it seems school coaches have been disappearing for a few years back now coinciding with this author's school visits! Lunch Lady to the rescue! Lunch Lady is still a bit over the top with the kitchen gadget spy tool...more
Noorain K
January 7,2013

I finished reading Lunch Lady and the Author Visit by Jarrett J. Krosoczka. Dee,Hector,and Terrence are excited about the author coming to school the reason Terrence and Dee are excited because they miss math,Hector is excited because he is a fan of the author in the end when you could get your book signed. When it was Hectors turn he didn't get it signed because his cover was ripped up. Lunch lady and Betty are getting suspicious that he hypnotized every gym teacher he comes to s...more
Rishabhb
12/13 I have just finished reading lunch lady: the author visit vendetta, by Jarret Krosoczka. It is a graphic novel about a lunch lady with cool gadgets that help her stop evil people. In this book, she stops a evil author from trying to capture all the gym teachers in the world!!! I like this book because it is exciting, for example, when lunch lady tried to get into the evil author's house, she get's captured by evil hypnotized fluffy bunnies!This book is a action packed book, even though it...more
Karen Hughes
The graphic novel, “Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta” is wacky story about a school’s lunch lady who is secretly a crime fighter. This particular story is one in a set of books by Jarrett J. Krosoczka that would be good for upper elementary level students.
I would introduce this story to my students by asking them what their favorite school lunch is. This would help them relate the text to themselves. We would discuss how hard the school lunch people work to bring us hot, healthy, lunch...more
Kindra
Audience: Grades 1-4, kids who like spy stuff or mysteries
Appeal: lunch lady is a spy with kooky gadgets like taco-vision night goggles. gym teacher disappears. would be good for beginning readers or students new to graphic novels. Would be fun to make up your own food-related spy gadget.
Donalyn
A bitter author causes havoc that includes attack bunnies and dodgeball. One of my students' favorite Lunch Lady comics.
Marta Boksenbaum
Hilarious and so much fun! A great adventure!
Robin Duple
I really loved this children's graphic novel. I thought it was hilarious and creative -- while saving gym teachers and kids alike, Lunch Lady and her trusty sidekick Betty invent and use all sorts of clever contraptions meant to look like school lunch food items (a laser that looks like a ketchup packet, special headphones that let them hear conversations all over the school but that look like a hamburger, etc.) I loved the artwork, as well -- Lunch Lady has some of the best 80's hair I've ever...more
Holly Letson
I must say that I have never been to an author-signing, but if I went to one, and an author refused to sign my book, it would make me very upset, and I would probably never read any of said author's books again.
-------------------
In Book #3, we see a famous author, who writes the *Flippy Bunny* books come to the school. He gets kinda tizzed that he must do his signing in the gym instead of the library, and even refuses to sign one child's book just because it has a small bend on the cover. An...more
Stephanie Daley
Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (2009) written by Jarrett J. Krosoczka is a graphic novel apart of children’s series. This series is about a lunch lady who doubles as a super hero protecting the students and the teachers at Thompson Brook School. This particular graphic novel tells the story of an author who has a vendetta against gym teachers because when he was in elementary school he was made fun of by his gym teacher for not being athletic. The lunch lady puts an end to the author’s...more
Dolly
Aug 24, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in the Lunch Lady series by Jarrett J. Krosoczka. We just started reading this series this summer and our girls really like the stories. They are fun, fast reads and I love that the superheroes are women. .

Our youngest really loves the Babymouse and Squish series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm, so we are excited to find another fun graphic novel series.

The story was an exciting, quick read and I can see the books appealing to both boys and girls. The illustrations a...more
Jess
This one kept my children in a state of fascination. Seeing the Breakfast Bunch in another adventure with their favorite Lunch Lady. It did the same for me. This Book covers the theme of Bullying and what kind of damage it can cause in a new exciting way. You learn about an author who wasn't picked on your typical verity of bully. He was bullied by his gym teacher and how does he get revenge you ask by kidnapping gym teachers from across the country. I know what your thinking an author kidnappin...more
Sarah Sammis
Jan 02, 2013 Sarah Sammis rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sarah by: my son
Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta by Jarrett J. Krosoczka is the third of the Lunch Lady series. Dee, Terrence and Hector are excited to have a favorite author at their school. When the author isn't what they expected and the school coach goes missing, the kids and the Lunch Lady (with trusty Betty at her side) must investigate.

As far as set ups go for this series, this one seems the least plausible. The whole set up is based around an incredibly famous and wealthy children's author who h...more
Samantha
The gym teacher disappears after a famous author visits the school. When Lunch Lady looks into the case she finds that gym teachers are missing from all around the country. Wht do the schools have in common? All of the schools invited the author for a visit.

The kids and Lunch Lady team up to free the gym teachers hypnotized into servitude. In addition to the main action, Terrence hopes to join the soccer team. His skills in rescuing the gym teachers and thwarting the author's getaway serve as a...more
I liked this better than the last one. Less gadgets but a good story. My only quam is now a bunch of kids are going to think being an author makes you incredibly wealthy. Poor kids. Sometimes but not usually.
Marilyn
Cool book. i really love the food gadgets.
Pat
Another fun story, I think I am hooked. When a visiting author comes to the school, the Phys. Ed. teacher goes missing. Another case for the superhero Lunch Lady and her oh-so-smart team of kid helpers. Evil is vanquished, and right prevails.

I love how Lunch Lady uses gadgets to fight off foes, such as dual-purpose kitchen tools, Whisk Whackers. And the kids are tech-savvy, using new inventions to snoop and uncover the truth, like the Hamburger Headphones. So clever and funny, even adults will g...more
Sarah D'Arco
Lunch Lady finds it fishy that the school's gym teacher seems to have disappeared on the same day as a visiting author has come to Thompson Brook School. The author's long-standing vendetta against gym teachers is to blame for his disappearance. As always, this Lunch Lady text was so humorous and engaging. Lunch Lady and Betty are great at ensuring that justice (and lunch!) are served.
Joycetho1
I think that this book was enjoyable to read. It is one of those books that is good to read when you don't know what to read. It is about a school lunch lady that is a secret spy. In this story Luch Lady finds that the school Gym teacher has disapperaed. She finds that she needs to help solve the problem. I would reccomend this book to all readers.
Desiree
I adore Jarret Krosoczka's lunch lady series. Not only is the gadgetry hilarious, but the story line is fast paced read. These books are excellent for reluctant readers who want fiction that fits their juvenile sensibilities.
Nan
Any book that promises to kick bunny butt has got to be fun. Betty, the Lunch Lady, and the Breakfast Bunch actually rescue a vindictive gym coach, stop a demonic floppy bunny author, and serve up justice once again. Although her lunches leave much to be desired, Betty's gadgets are great. This is a great series for reluctant readers.
Julia
This time Krosoczka's awesome Lunch Lady super heroine takes on a evil grumpy picture book author (ha ha!). My favorite part is the fluffy bunny vs. gym teacher battle.

Love the black/white/yellow art style, love the humor. Would definitely recommend as a Wimpy Kid read-alike.
HeavyReader
I didn't like this book very much. I just don't think it's anything special. The art is ok, but not fantastic. The story is ok, but not all that exciting. Yawn.

My favorite part of the book is the gadgets the lunch lady uses, like a spork phone and cannolioculars. That's clever.
Angie
"FLIPPY BUNNIES ... ATTACK!"

An author with a vendetta. Can totally understand that. Now, how many authors can actually afford a helicopter?

The spy gadgets are cool! A mustard grappling hook and ketchup packet laser. Hamburger headphones. They make me laugh. :]
Julien
Lunch Lady book #3 wasn't so interesting for me. But i don't get the point why the author didn't sign the book for Hector! I would recommend this book to someone who comic books. Like The Smurfs, Asterix or Tintin.

-Julien
Kevin Spear
How can you not like a lunch lady superhero? In this book, the children's author is the villain. How delightfully twisted! This would be a good book for boy reluctant readers. It's short, entertaining and has a spread of killer bunnies.
Jen
The Lunch Lady is pretty great. I'm particularly keen for Betty, the Lunch Lady's sidekick. She's the one who serves up the clever gadgetry, like taco-vision night goggles, a spatu-copter and hamburger headphones. What's not to love!
Marcia
I would be a big "Lunch Lady" fan if Krosoczka hadn't made the librarians in his book such mean, evil characters! In this one a visiting author is out for revenge and it is Lunch Lady to the rescue. Fun--this one will be popular.
Zahreen
I picked this up at the public library to see if this would be a good series to put in my classroom library. Any students who like Captain Underpants or Diary of a Wimpy Kid will like these very charming and humorous books.
Kelly
This is probably my favorite Lunch Lady graphic novel. It was funny and meshed the lunch ladies with the kids, or Breakfast Bunch, well. I liked the plotline and the crazy bunnies and the author visit part.
  • Brave New Pond (Squish, #2)
  • Binky to the Rescue
  • Hamster and Cheese
  • Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
studiojjk.com
punkfarm.com
lunchladycomics.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarrett J. Krosoczka used to be a goofy kid that liked to draw. Now, he is a published author/illustrator with many books to his credit. Growing up in Worcester, MA Jarrett drew relentlessly and always had a cast of characters that he wrote stories for. In 9th grade, Jarrett won a contest with The Worcester Telegram & Ga...more
More about Jarrett J. Krosoczka...
Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1) Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2) Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5) Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7) Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)