Start by marking “Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3” as Want to Read:
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  7 reviews
NA
Published September 23rd 2009 by Peachpit Press (first published 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3

Joanne G.
Although the flippant, joking prose was at times irksome, I appreciated an approach that broke down what makes a photo work in bite-sized, interesting morsels that could be digested easily. Hmm... I'm too hungry to continue this review, so I'm off to get a bowl of cereal. However, to sum up, this is the boxed set I would suggest for every photographer just starting out or even for one who has been dabbling for several years without knowing why some photos work and others don't.
Blog on Books
With the digital photography revolution in full gear, (including the rise of photo-sharing sites like Flickr, Shutterstock, etc.) there are more people taking pictures than ever before. Trouble is – and as users of these sites can imagine – many people have not yet learned the tips and techniques to make their photos jump from the ranks of amateurism to a quality bordering on pro.

Well Scott Kelby’s three volume set on digital photography can remedy this problem in no time at all. The reason is n
Cedric Jean-marie
I originally bought this trilogy for my wife when she got into photography, shortly after however I got suckered into it as well and am now more involved in it then she. Since we had these books I figured I'd give them a once over. I believe if the books reach their intended audience they are sure to be a valuable asset.

From the get go Kelby explains his thinking behind these books as a casual conversation between friends where he leaves out much or all of the theory and just tells you straight
Shell Armour
THis is One of the Book that I would recommend to anyone picking up the camera for the first time best book I could have on my own time. Scott talk about photography not suggesting or talking about photo but showing it how it works or to get it done. This book was one my companion at that time every day different project as I turn the pages and introduction to the new equipments to camera gear to how work with comparing Nikon and Canon on step by step.

Ray
Straightforward language in a simple voice. The book covers various areas and is well suited to a beginner who wants to dip into a particular section and pull out some practical advice quickly.
Not incredibly technical but full of little tips and tricks. Good books.
Harry
Good starts for newbie...
Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Assia Keba
Assia Keba marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Mohammed
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Mollie Massa
Mollie Massa marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Paul Weissbach
Paul Weissbach marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
  • On-Camera Flash Techniques for Digital Wedding and Portrait Photography
  • Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
  • The Decisive Moment: Photography of Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • The Complete Photographer
  • Photo Idea Index: Explore New Ways to Capture and Create Exceptional Images with Digital Cameras and Software
  • Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography
  • HTML5: The Missing Manual
  • The Complete Guide to Night and Low-Light Photography
  • Photography and the Art of Seeing: A Visual Perception Workshop for Film and Digital Photography
  • Simply Beautiful Photographs
  • The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters
  • Photography
  • Introducing HTML5
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • Everything Scrabble
  • Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba
More about Scott Kelby...
The Digital Photography Book (Volume 1) The Digital Photography Book (Volume 2) The Digital Photography Book (Volume 3) The Digital Photography Book (Volume 4) The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers