Start by marking “The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)

The Bounty (Malloy Family #1)

What happens when a bounty hunter finds his prey only to discover she's his mate?

Nicky Malloy is on the run--from guilt, fear, and a murder charge. After three years, the notorious bounty hunter Tyler Calhoun catches up with the elusive lady outlaw. The intensity of their dislike for each other is only matched by the growing passion they cannot seem to control. A loner by
Trade Paperback, 242 pages
Published July 18th 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published April 18th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Bounty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bounty

Ruth
Jul 06, 2010 Ruth rated it really liked it
This was a great first book for this series. Practically all the introductions to the rest of the Malloy Family were saved until the plot had more-or-less resolved itself, rather than intruding on the romance between the hero and heroine, but it was still enough to spark my interest in the rest of the series. How is Ray going to get away from his awful wife? Who are the rest of the Malloys not introduced yet?

The hero and heroine are both great. They are both survivors, and strong characters in t
Holly
Nov 02, 2008 Holly rated it liked it
Tyler Calhoun has just been hired to capture a bounty named Nicky and he is determined to bring the outlaw in. He's the best at what he does and he's made quite a name for himself, so when he finds out that Nicky is actually Nicole, he's insulted that someone with his considerable skills would be sent out after a woman. The reward covers up any ruffled feathers though and he's soon on his way, sure that this will take no time at all. When next we meet Tyler, he's being tortured by a group of ban ...more
Adrienne
Jun 20, 2009 Adrienne rated it really liked it
i haven't read a book like this in a long time::it reminded me of what i've been missing::in a strange way it was like the chapeters that made up the jane smileys' *the all true travels and adventures..* that i read a few years ago::or one of johanna lindseys' westerns ::

altho' tagged as *erotic* i didn't find this book particulary so::i think maybe it's been given that tag b/c of one particular scene :: tbh i've read *standard* romance with more sex scenes:: i think there are only three or four
Lisa Kay
Maybe I'm rating the books in this series a little higher than they should be...but, I justify that by stating I truly enjoyed them as a whole. Each one is a short, quick read; however, taken together I think you get more out of them, as each character is explored and distinctly different.
SheLove2Read
Jul 06, 2014 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Finally a good western!
Romancing the Book
Jul 21, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, western
Reviewed by Jen

Nicky Malloy is on the run and Tyler Calhoun is the bounty hunter hired to bring her to justice. Nicky's managed to evade the law for 3 years, but with Tyler on her trail she knows her time is limited. And as they travel to Wyoming and his reward, sparks fly and both Nicky and Tyler begin to believe that a happily ever after might be within their reach.

I picked up the ebook version of this book a while ago after seeing Beth Williamson promo this erotica western series. I'd been lo
Kelly
Sep 04, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I liked Nicky and her rebellious ways. I liked that she couldn't step aside when Calhoun was being hurt, even though he was there to capture her. I just liked Calhoun. I liked that he was unwilling to knowingly put her in harm's way (even though it unintentionally happened several times, he lambasted himself for it each time).

Frankly, I didn't know I was in the mood for a Western until I started reading this one.

Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

-Kelly @ Readin
Mitabird
While this was an easy read, I found it to be boring. I thought Nicky and Tyler were fine as characters, but I had trouble warming up to them. I didn't think they had any chemistry and Tyler got on my nerves with his stubbornness.
Raine
I loved this book and it made me cry when reading all of the hardships that Nicky had to go through. Tyler was wonderful as the bounty hunter trying to bring Quinn in for the reward.

I will definitely be continuing on with the series. Up next is Jack Malloy...
Lori
May 26, 2010 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, 5-star
Loved everything about this one. Original concept, wonderful characters, good plot, and hot sex.
Eastofoz
Not enough development between the h/h to make the reader care about their relationship. You do however want to read about the secondary characters in the follow up stories.
kattie
May 13, 2017 kattie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bounty Hunter

I Loved this story very much. I did not want to put it down. I recommend that everyone read this book. Kattie 5/13/2017.
Linda
Jun 20, 2017 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Great start to exciting series. I recommend this author. Really brings Western romance to life. I plan on reading the rest of the Malloy series.
PepperP0t
19 year old twins, Logan and Nicky Malloy rescued victims from Owen Homan's ranch. Logan was killed by Homan's brother to protect Nicky and Nicky avenged Logan's death. For three years, Nicky has been on the run for her life because of Hoffman's truth and a succession of hired guns he's hired to bring to her to him for a public hanging to avenge his brother's death.

Once Calhoun hits town, the dust is caught in the reader's throat, the vivid horse smell is in said read's nostrils and cowering fr
Tina
4.5 Stars

I'm so excited that I found this book, it was well written, it kept me engaged and rapidly turning the pages, I really struggled to put it down! The action & suspense was great, I loved the story and the steam was HAWT!! This book really has it all, if you like your historical romance with a good amount of action, suspense and heat but you don't want the story to suffer because of these elements this is the book for you.

I loved the hero (Tyler) and the heroine (Nicky), their chemis
Debbie
Dec 06, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I'm getting a thing for historical romances!

Nicky has been on the run for three years. Tyler is a bounty hunter hell bent on collecting that $6000 reward, bringing her in alive, her crimes being murder and theft.

When Tyler first learns that Nicky is Nicole, he thinks this job will be easy. Not til he finds himself buried up to his waist, at the hands of a Mexican crime lord, and Nicky rescues him, does he realise this job will be VERY different!

Nicky will NOT hang for crimes she did not commit.
Kimberly Walter
Aug 18, 2013 Kimberly Walter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicky Malloy has been on the run for three years after rescuing two women and a boy, but also seeing her twin brother killed before her eyes.
Tyler Calhaun is a bounty hunter and hes got a new bounty to track and bring in. He thinks its going to be easy just because it is a woman. But oh boy, is he in for a surprise.
After months of tracking Nicky, he has finally found her and captured her. He shackles her and makes sure she can not get away.
Nicky tries everything she can to escape from Tyler b
Jo Notary
252p What happens when a bounty hunter finds his prey only to discover she 19s his mate?
Nicky Malloy is on the run 14from guilt, fear, and a murder charge. After three years, the notorious bounty hunter Tyler Calhoun catches up with the elusive lady outlaw. The intensity of their dislike for each other is only matched by the growing passion they cannot seem to control.
A loner by nature, a cold hard hunter by choice, Tyler fights his feelings for his prisoner the only way he knows how 14by deny
Linda
Aug 24, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
My 1st read from this author & it was really good. Tyler is a Bounty hunter & he agrees to hunt & capture Nicky not realizing at 1st the "Nicky" is a woman. He soon finds out when he accepts the contract & thinks it's going to be a shoo in to capture a woman. Of course Nicky turns out far more elusive than he expected but after several frustrating months find her he does. That's when the fireworks starts. The chemistry between them was fairly combustible but what I really enjoyed ...more
Alexio
Jun 20, 2014 Alexio rated it it was amazing
I almost deleted this book from my Kindle and now I am so happy I didn't! This author reminded me of Rosanne Bittner, Norah Hess, and Catherine Hart all rolled into one. I stopped reading historical romances especially my westerns because they never seemed to measure up, at least to me. But as my friends will tell you, I RARELY write a review, just give the book the stars it deserves and move on. I had to tell you about Beth Williamson. Strong men, even stronger women. And there are sex scenes b ...more
Scott Collins
Not sure when or where I picked this one up. The Bounty is the story of a bounty hunter sent out to bring back a person accused of murder and theft. Surprised when he learns it's a woman he's been hired to find, the hired gun sets out on his mission. After locating the girl, he is forced to decide between what is right and what he's being paid to do. They both struggle with their feeling, desires and dreams on the journey back to face her accuser. I liked the plot. I liked most of the characters ...more
Kathrynn
May 22, 2008 Kathrynn rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Good, short, entertainment. Found the writing style easy to read, the character growth was good, suspense was okay, romance was on the mild side of a hot read. The author allowed the character tension to build prior to follow through and there wasn't sex on every page. After the first few intimate scenes, the author either eluded to what happened the night before or briefly touched on.

This was NOT an erotic read.

Nicole (Nicky) was a tomboy and circumstances made her an unfounded outlaw when bou
Michelle
Jun 18, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
This book was a huge disappointment for me. I've never read anything by Beth Williamson, but so many people I know have, and I thought I was in for an erotica treat. First, it wasn't erotic in the least. I've read mainstream romance novels with more heat than this. Second, I didn't like either of the main characters, and they went from instant enemies/dislike to falling in love in a heartbeat. The writing was mediocre and everything in the book could have used about three more sentences to descr ...more
Mara
Sep 05, 2013 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this book at all. I found boring this never-ending trip through Western Lands with just the two of them and not much more. I found boring the see-saw of their "relationship". I didn't really like him nor her. Or rather I didn't like their "lack of reality". We are told he's the best, but he can't take his hands off her. We are told she's this wonder woman who escaped all the other hunters, but with him she almost reverts to whipering girlness.
He acted as a jerk, and she as a damse
Fedora
Dec 17, 2011 Fedora rated it it was amazing
Loved this--because of one horrible night, Nikky Malloy ends up on the run. After three years, Tyler Calhoun is the one bounty hunter who manages to catch up to her. He's the toughest there is, but something about Nikky touches him and he finds himself *gasp* caring about her and beginning to believe that she might not be the hardened murderer he was paid to find.

Ms. Williamson does a beautiful job with Nikky and Tyler--they are intriguing, well-developed characters in a well-paced story. The se
Wendy Smith
Sep 30, 2011 Wendy Smith rated it it was amazing
This is one of the first series that I started reading, last year, let me tell you between this and the Magnus Pack I have been hooked, the story line stayed true no matter which book you picked up, you always knew that you were going to be either laughing yourself silly or you were going to want to cry while laughing yourself silly. Beth Williamson is an amazing writer and I hope that someday I can learn to write even somewhere in that caliber of writer.
Chandler
Apr 26, 2013 Chandler rated it it was amazing
Laura James
May 06, 2010 Laura James rated it it was amazing
I rarely give out 5 star ratings. This book wasn't an epic, and it probably didn't fall into my top 10, but it was highly engrossing, and the chemistry between the characters was undeniable. Even though this was light reading, Williamson did an excellent job of maintaining the pace of the story and really drawing the reader into the relationship between the hero and heroine.
Cindi
May 30, 2012 Cindi rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent I loved Tyler & Nicole!! I have to start saving my money now that I checked Beth's booklist and see the number of Malloy family books I have yet to buy and read 0_o This 1st book of the series had it all suspense, romance, action you name it!! Looking forward to the next one just as soon as I can get it ;)
Julie Gipson
Jan 08, 2012 Julie Gipson rated it really liked it
This series, "The Malloy Family", is one I read some years ago in print and now wanted to read it again on my kindle. I think I may have enjoyed it even more the second time around. I just love the sparks that fly between Nicky & Tyler from the moment they meet, & how they take care of each other even when they claim to still be enemies. If you like western historicals you'll love this series.
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • After The Ashes
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • Another Chance
  • California Caress
  • Promises Reveal (Promises, #4)
  • Five Card Stud (Eclipse Heat, #5)
  • A Promise of Thunder (Horizon Set, #2)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Struck by Thunder (The Grandmaster's Legacy, #1)
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • The Lawman (Willow Creek #1)
  • Let Me Love You
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • A Hearing Heart
  • Taming Eliza Jane (Gardiner, Texas, #1)
  • Colby's Child
Beth Williamson, who also writes as Emma Lang, is an award-winning, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of both historical and contemporary romances. Her books range from sensual to scorching hot. She is a Career Achievement Award Nominee in Erotic Romance by Romantic Times Magazine, in both 2009 and 2010, and a quarter-finalist in the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest.
Beth
More about Beth Williamson...

Malloy Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Prize (Malloy Family, #2)
  • The Reward (Malloy Family, #3)
  • The Treasure (Malloy Family, #4)
  • The Gift (Malloy Family, #5)
  • The Tribute (Malloy Family, #6)
  • The Legacy (Malloy Family, #7)
  • Hell for Leather (Malloy Family, #8)
  • The Fortune (Malloy Family, #9)
  • The Prospect (Malloy Family, #10)
  • The Jewel (Malloy Family, #11)