Start by marking “The Prize (Malloy Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prize (Malloy Family, #2)

The Prize (Malloy Family #2)

What do you do when love gives you a second chance at life?

Jack Malloy is haunted.

Haunted by memories, he tries to escape the dreams that have stolen his sleep for six months by agreeing to help out his sister Nicky. Unfortunately, time at her ranch offers him no escape when he's confronted by Rebecca Connor's beautiful gray eyes. For unbeknownst to her, she is a partici
Trade Paperback, 280 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Samhain (first published May 16th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Prize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prize

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesBranded as Trouble by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
115th out of 397 books — 203 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanOutlander by Diana GabaldonDemon from the Dark by Kresley ColeDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
#VIRGIN HEROES#
89th out of 265 books — 159 voters

More lists with this book...

†Ðawn†

A very sweet and low angst romance.

This is totally a character driven read. There is little conflict and what little there is gets resolved swiftly.

I would say this is a stand alone, but I felt like I missed out on a lot of backround because I didn't read the first one. The history was filled in only lightly but enough to get the gist.

I did feel there were times that the story got a little boring and I did skim a little. I also got the feeling that the author was really trying to add more confli
Ruth
Oct 07, 2010 Ruth rated it it was amazing
What a lovely, sweet romance between two people who really need some love in their lives. These two go through so much, they really deserve a break, but although the story is based on a whole series of awful experiences, it's not sad or tragic, but quite hopeful and just wonderfully sweet. It was a real Ah!! read for me.

The rest of the family were moderately important to the plot, but didn't annoy me, or get in the way, or change characters (that seems to happen in series sometimes, and drives m
Netanella
I needed a book with chaps or rawhide, after coming off a werewolf erotica kick, and this one delivered some good western smexy times. Beth Williamson is a good author for this style 0f writing - her heroes are typically Alpha charmers, her females are either rough and tough, or rescue-worthy, or a nice combination of both. "The Prize" is a western historical set in nineteenth century Wyoming, with rape victims, virgin Heroes, bandits, cougars, blizzards, more bandits, and the birthing of both m ...more
SheLove2Read
Jan 12, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2011
Its been quite some time since I've read a book as sickly sweet as this one. Not as in a sweet romance, but in dialog and some of the plot, which was about as unoriginal as it gets. I literally wanted to gag in parts. Insipid and uninspiring. Major eye roller and DNF for me.
Farzan
Apr 11, 2011 Farzan rated it it was amazing
It was great story with erotic flavor but I really liked it.
Kimberly Walter
Oct 06, 2013 Kimberly Walter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Malloy is haunted, he can't sleep. Every time he does, his sleep is riddled with nightmares from his memories, imagination and what Rebecca has been through.
Rebecca Connor is haunted as well. She believes herself to be damaged and broken woman of what she once was, inside and out. She has survived the evil that seems to haunt more members from the Mallory family then anyone knew.
Jack and Rebecca are attracted to each other, but won't act on it because of their pasts. But once they are in
Regina
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it really liked it
Another winning story in this second installment of the Mallory family. Jack and Becky were both broken souls who found love, acceptance, and emotional healing in each other. I felt their pain and believed they were two halves of a whole. I would have liked the author to expand the ending a bit more--it was just a tad abrupt--but overall it was a romantic, sensitive, and satisfying tale. 3.8 stars.
Fedora
Dec 17, 2011 Fedora rated it it was amazing
I loved The Prize, too--the second in the Malloy series, this pairs one of Nikky's best friends with one of her brothers. Both are wounded people, and Ms. Williamson does a lovely job of showing their healing as they come to know each other and befriend each other. Can't wait to continue with book 3!
Chandler
Apr 26, 2013 Chandler rated it really liked it
Cindi
Jul 22, 2012 Cindi rated it it was amazing
OMG I'm dyin I love Jack!!! Whew Jack and Rebecca's story was fabulous and I love how much it included Nicky, Tyler and Noah heck even Hermano!! This series just gets better and better so I'm off to book 3 =)
Jeannie
May 05, 2010 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beths-books, erotica
loved this book. to me it was a true romance. how two absive people found each other. to look past the scars on the inside as well as on the outside. to find a man like Jack (1 in a million)
Jessica Alcazar
Jul 22, 2014 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
DEAR GOD, it keeps getting better....I cried for about 50% of this book! Just wonderful I tell ya!
Anne
Oct 28, 2009 Anne rated it really liked it
This was an excellent story! Great historical romance. Loved it!
Julie Gipson
Jan 09, 2012 Julie Gipson rated it really liked it
Another amazingly good western historical. I'm love this series.
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Via_the_Book_Faerie
Via_the_Book_Faerie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Mamta
Mamta marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Harley Albritton
Harley Albritton rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Paul Brechbill
Paul Brechbill marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Carol Boyle
Carol Boyle rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Nisa
Nisa marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
  • Restless Heart (Heart, #2)
  • Promises Prevail (Promises, #3)
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Let Me Love You
  • Wildcard (Wild, #3)
  • Five Card Stud (Eclipse Heat, #5)
  • To Wed in Texas (McLain #3)
  • Texas Splendor (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • California Caress
  • Wild Wild West
Beth Williamson, who also writes as Emma Lang, is an award-winning, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of both historical and contemporary romances. Her books range from sensual to scorching hot. She is a Career Achievement Award Nominee in Erotic Romance by Romantic Times Magazine, in both 2009 and 2010, and a semi-finalist in the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest.
Beth has
More about Beth Williamson...

Malloy Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • The Reward (Malloy Family, #3)
  • The Treasure (Malloy Family, #4)
  • The Gift (Malloy Family, #5)
  • The Tribute (Malloy Family, #6)
  • The Legacy (Malloy Family, #7)
  • Hell for Leather (Malloy Family, #8)
  • The Fortune (Malloy Family, #9)
  • The Prospect (Malloy Family, #10)
  • The Jewel (Malloy Family, #11)