Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back

Farscape Vol. 3: Gone and Back (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  8 reviews
TV's science fiction masterpiece FARSCAPE continues! Zhaan and D'Argo are alive! Crichton's not married to Aeryn anymore! What's going on? Crichton tries to find out as he finds himself in an alternate timeline. How does he get back? Will he evere see Aeryn again?
Published April 13th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2010)

Sean Endymion
And back up we go. As opposed to volume two, this story kicked ass everywhere it went. Unrealized realities were always one of the best parts of the Farscape mythos; there was some actual creativity clearly thought through here in terms of storytelling and character development; and the art did a surprising turn around -- finally we have detail and shading and some semblance of uniqueness. While the storyline still resolved itself a bit quickly (it really could have been a two or three part TV e...more
Steve
Jun 08, 2010 Steve rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Comic and farscape fans, sci-fi fans, romance fans
Recommended to Steve by: comics
I actually like with much graphic novels read this in comic book format. However this format is the only one supported on the goodreads site. So please forgive me for the small deception on my part.

First I am a big fan of the Farscape TV Series so without a doubt I had to try the comic series especially when I heard this was canon to the Farscape Universe, I was definitely interested. So I headed to the comic shop and picked up all the issues I could find. Spoiler WarningThis third Volume was b...more
Andrew
Yet another wonderful romp in the Farscape universe! This four-book series has John getting flung into an unrealized reality where things are similar, but very different. I'm always a fan of time travel/alternate universes as a plot device, and it achieves great success here.

Some old friends and enemies return, you get to meet a couple new faces, and, despite being in an alternate timeline, we learn a little more about what is wrong with Deke and who is trying to kill him.

I thoroughly enjoyed th...more
Joy
I have really enjoyed the continuation of the Farscape series in graphic novel form. The crew of Moya has started to go their separate ways and Aeryn and John are raising their son.

We find out that Deke has some sort of gland that causes him to make things tremor. During a tremor, John is sucked into an alternate universe...one where he never met Aeryn. I love "what if" stories, so it was great to see how the universe changed because of one missed encounter. John desperately searches for his lo...more
Gary
May 29, 2011 Gary rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: anyone that's a fan of Farscape
This is the third volume in the continuation of Farscape. O'Bannon and company continues to tell the awesome tale of John Crichton. This graphic novel is four comic books in one and they each play like an episode telling this overall arc. This time around John has been teleported to an unrealized reality where he is no longer married to Aeryn Sun and his son Deke was never born.
Colleen
I read all four of the individual comic books in this series after were released.

This is an excellent comic series from Boom!Studios and written by the creators of the TV series. All the stories are considered to be official canon and deal with events following The Peacekeeper Wars.
Denise
During a visit to Hyneria, John ends up in an unrealized reality where Zhaan and D'Argo are still alive, John is happily married to Princess Katralla - and Aeryn is still a Peacekeeper whom the crew of Moya has never met. Nicely done alternate reality story, a great read.
Katharine

Quite good. Though the ending happened a little too quick - it seemed like right when they were getting into the action, they cut and bam. Ahh well. Still very enjoyable.
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Heather Sabian
Heather Sabian marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Tina Portillo
Tina Portillo marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Mar 11, 2014
Lisa Thomas
Lisa Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Christopher York
Christopher York marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Austin Stein
Austin Stein marked it as to-read
Jordan Bumpass
Jordan Bumpass marked it as to-read
Lashanda
Lashanda marked it as to-read
Филип
Филип is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2014
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Balázs Béla
Balázs Béla marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Sarah Brehm
Sarah Brehm marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Emma Voels
Emma Voels marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur...more
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon...
Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning Farscape Vol. 2: Strange Detractors Farscape Vol. 4: Tangled Roots Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1 Farscape Vol. 6: Compulsions: Compulsions