Crimson Spell, Volume 3

Crimson Spell, Volume 3 (Crimson Spell #3)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  512 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Published (first published December 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Spell, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Spell, Volume 3

Kati
Very angsty. And hot. Vald's despair, Havi's desire to protect his lover, a huge battle and Vald turning all demonic. Excellent! I also loved the short bonus story about Havi and Vald's first meeting. That was so incredibly cute!
Cornerofmadness
Bookwatcher
Again a 5 stars yaoi, and I'm looking forward for more

It's addictive... is the only world I can use to describe this serie...

Marsha
Volume three is well worth the wait. It’s a bit of a poser getting back into the storyline after such a long hiatus. But, since the main part of this is an extended action-adventure, magic-wielding sequence, the story is easily followed.

With helpful commentary from the various other characters, the relationship between the prince Valdrigr and sorcerer Halvir (Vald and Havi, to each other) progresses as both men grow closer. Vald’s confusion over his changing feelings and his struggle to maintain...more
78sunny
Da es sich hier um den 3. Teil einer Reihe handelt möchte ich aus Spoilergefahr nichts zum Inhalt sagen. Wer die Reihe nicht kennt und gern wissen möchte worum es genau geht, schaut bitte meine Rezi zu Band 1 an.
Dieser Band war super spannend von der ersten bis zur letzten Seite. Ich liebe diese Reihe einfach. Wer Fantasy, Schwertkampf, Dämonen, Magie gepaart mit heißen BoyLove-Szenen mag, sollte sich die Reihe unbedingt mal anschauen.
Die Freigabe ab 18 ist absolut gerechtfertigt. Die erotische...more
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews at the Online Eccentric Librarian  http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Crimson Spell continues to be a guilty pleasure - lush artwork in a medieval fantasy setting with sexy leads in all kinds of compromising situations. Vald still battles his inner demon and we're introduced to a new, surprising character who may shake things up quite a bit.

In volume 3, Havi is still under the influence of an evil sorcerer and Vald can't reach him any more. Ordered to kill Havi or see his captured younger b...more
Susana
Another instalment in Havi's and Vald's adventures. After rescuing Havi, who was under the influence of a wicked demon, Vald has to struggle to understand his feelings towards the wizard. He must assume that his relationship with him in deeper than what he thought it was and that, whether it is wanted or unwanted, they share a emotional bond which is not easy to ignore.
I am loving this series. I cannot wait to know what happens next.
Liz
Overall I think this series gets about four and a half stars from me. Interesting characters, a plot that's more complex than it first looks, strange twists that grab you out of nowhere, great battles, and two really hot guys (who look like men, not girls!) slowly (and reluctantly on Vald's part) falling in love. And of course there's the steamy sex, most of it in Vald's gorgeous demon form. But even that has changed recently, another of those strange twists. Vald's finally coming to accept his...more
Zen
I think I'm done with this series. Halrein and Rulca will not be enough to carry me through all the...crap... it's a badly done fantasy with pretty art and flat leads. It's also a bad love story on top of that. and creepy.
Anne
Oh yeah! The plot is going completely insane now and the humor has pretty much evaporated. But there does seem to be some, er, awakening, so I guess I'll call that progress. Still chock full of eyecandy too!
Suz
I love this manga. The story is engaging and keeps me coming back for more, the illustrations are beautiful, and the sex is hot. It's not very censored and I prefer that. I'd call it hard yaoi.

For those who do not know - yaoi is m/m love, otherwise known as "boy love" or BL. Written by women for women (although I suppose anyone who likes it is welcome to partake).
Noe Hašek
>Taken from my review of vol 1.<

The artwork is amazing and beautiful, the plot is fun to read and keeps me wanting to read on to the next volume. Funny at bits, action-y in all the right areas, and sexy with beautifully drawn art. What's there to not like? If you like fantasy yaoi, I'm sure you'd like this.
Aredhel
What I liked the most about this series is that its plot is not represented as just an excuse to draw some steamy sex scenes (and, gosh, those are really hot!), it's a solid piece of art and the same can be said about the drawings themselves.
Sophie
Holy crap. I already liked the first two volumes, but this was absolutely fantastic. Angsty and then incredibly hot (seriously). And with a cliffhanger! God, I hope the fourth volume really comes out this month.
Eva Rose
Very little sex this time around which force me into actually following the plot that barely makes any sense. The villains continue to sound beyond dumb and it is obvious that they are there in order for us to see Vald struggle with his feelings for Havi and then try to save him. This series is addictive however and I regarded as my guilty pleasure because Ayano just draws so very, very pretty and I ship Havi/Vald hardcore. They just look pretty.
Christine (AR)
Oct 23, 2009 Christine (AR) marked it as to-read
Shelves: get, manga, sff, not_released
not released in US yet
Cassandra trim
Cassandra trim marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Tuna
Tuna added it
Aug 12, 2014
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Nichole Dawn Romero
Nichole Dawn Romero marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Verliebter Tyrann 4
  • Totally Captivated, Volume 6 (Totally Captivated #6)
  • Under Grand Hotel, Volume 02
  • Junjo Romantica, Volume 10
  • Haru wo Daiteita - Embracing Love - Vol.03
  • 夢結び恋結び 1 [Yume Musubi Koi Musubi 1]
  • Love Pistols, Volume 2
  • Private Teacher! 1
Japan's most popular BL manga artist. Since the moment of her debut, she has fascinated fans with her beautiful characters and dramatic stories, making history in the BL world with her sales numbers. Even now, she continues to always re-set those records.

Yamane Ayano (やまね あやの)
More about Ayano Yamane...
The Crimson Spell, Volume 1 Finder, Volume 1: Target in the Finder Finder, Volume 2: Cage in the Finder The Crimson Spell, Volume 2 A Foreign Love Affair