Start by marking “A Princely Gift” as Want to Read:
A Princely Gift

A Princely Gift

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Yaoi novella, set in Ancient Japan, two young men, separated by the nearly impassable boundaries of class and station, come together in a powerful liaison of sexual exploration and passion. With the delicate restraint of a Japanese ink painting on silk, this is a love story between men who dare to defy convention as they fulfill their romantic destiny.
Published August 29th 2009 by Romance Unbound Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Princely Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Princely Gift

Jeff Erno
A well-written (as always with this author) and very sweet story, but not much conflict or resolution. I kept waiting for the shoe to fall where the protagonist would face some sort of tragedy or challenge. Instead it was more like a sweet little erotic tale, happy all the way through.
Elisa Rolle
I was a little afraid to read this romance since I’m used to tragic outcome when reading about this era of the Japan Empire. Those men were able to admit their feelings for other men, but usually they were not “allowed” to have an happily ever after.

And at the beginning this story seemed the same, Prince Yukio was still mourning the loss of his beloved Kiyoshi, the simple gardener who was his lover and that an internal conspiracy killed. The threat is no more there, but the sadness is the same
Elizabetta

Lost love, found love. Enduring love. A princely gift. This reads like a fairy tale. Sweet and tender.

The power dynamic of rich/privileged/entitled versus poor/submissive/beholden is handled quite nicely, I think.

And with some nice rope play…

“There is a beauty to the stillness of the bound subject… this bondage can take you to an inner stillness, a place where pleasure is heightened to an unimaginable degree.”

“When I am held in your bonds, I feel as if the ropes surrounding my body are an ext
Brenda (b)
This fairly short story was written in the Japanese yaoi style. I liked the characters and felt they held true to the setting and time period of the tale. Even though the ending wasn't a true HEA (happy ever after), I thought it worked well and was in keeping with the writing style.
Dee Wy
This story set in ancient Japan was much too short, I wanted it to continue for much longer. It's a love story that will live in your mind for a very long time.

Yukio is a prince and heir to the throne when he loses his lover to treachery. He is inconsolable and his health deteriorates. He finds healing when he meets Kisho, a poor rice farmer. Though their love is forbidden, they find a way to be together and Yukio teaches his new lover the way of love between men.

A Princely Gift is a considerabl
Andune
Elegant story! It was original and a welcomed change of pace.
Gabrielle Lee
Gabrielle Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Hpstrangelove
Hpstrangelove marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Eva Mack
Eva Mack marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
L12
L12 marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Amami
Amami is currently reading it
May 29, 2013
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
L-D
L-D added it
Dec 22, 2012
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Dana
Dana added it
Nov 07, 2012
Leslie Jane Fahrney
Leslie Jane Fahrney marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2012
yuukina
yuukina marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2012
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Pamela Craft Jenewein marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I have published erotic fiction and romance since 1996. My work includes the sensual exploration of D/s and erotic romance, as well as the darker side of BDSM. My work includes in-depth exploration of both m/f and m/m relationships, in the context of romance and D/s. I have published over fifty novels and short stories, both in print and ebook format.
It is important to me to write about real peop
More about Claire Thompson...
Handyman (Handyman #1) Polar Reaction Accidental Slave Switch Obsession: Girl Abducted