Start by marking “There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes, #1)” as Want to Read:
There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes, #1)

There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes #1)

Legend claims this antique Irish wedding veil can grant your heart's deepest desire. But be careful what you wish for...
The moment Texas socialite Delaney Cartwright touches the veil, she knows she can't go through with her wedding. And it's not just because she envisions a stranger's dark eyes and irresistible lips the second her fingers hit lace. But she can't simply cal
Published March 1st 2007 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about There Goes the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Goes the Bride

Crystal
Jun 17, 2009 Crystal rated it really liked it
A very fun and entertaining romance. I love both Delaney and Nick. Delaney is such a people pleaser (and I understand her, I am similar) and she is marrying because she can't bear to hurt her fiance or her mother. She's already postponed the wedding twice and when she meets Nick and feels the sparks fly (the whammy, I love that term), she knows she shouldn't be getting married.

Nick has been left by his wife on his honeymoon and he's currently off of his undercover detective job due to a knee inj
Nath
Apr 04, 2012 Nath rated it liked it
Vicki
Apr 13, 2011 Vicki rated it liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: Renee
I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as some of the other Lori Wilde books I've read. I've been trying to figure out what it is that didn't do it for me, and I think it was the main character, Delaney Cartwright.

Delaney knew she was in love with Detective Nick Vinetti, and even before that, she still knew her fiance Evan Van Zandt wasn't the one for her, but she persisted with the entire charade to the point of leaving the poor bastard standing at the alter. It was her spinelessness and lack
Cecilia Dominic
Aug 01, 2016 Cecilia Dominic rated it really liked it
Gina Marie
Jan 09, 2016 Gina Marie rated it it was amazing
Another great Lori Wilde book!!

Delaney Cartwright is a refined heiress who tries to please everyone but herself. Her mother is rigid and influences her greatly, ever since the death of Delaney's big sister. Delaney is engaged to Evan, a prominent an wealthy doctor. They have known each other since childhood and the impending nuptials make her family very happy - only one problem, does Delaney love Evan? She encounters a veil that she wishes upon...

Nick is a cop who is middle class and burned fro
Trang Nguyen
I started to read this series bc I saw several goodread members give book #4 (All of Me) in this series very good reviews. (and I hate reading bboks out of order.) However, I can see some people chose to skip the first three books all together to get to the good one. (I'm anticipating book 4 is as good as it's reviews )

I found There Goes the Bride to be okay. Delaney is a rich oil heiress who allows her mother to control every aspect of her life, including her love life. It's expected. Of her to
Just - The romance reader
Oct 17, 2009 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library
I thought this was going to be a wacky, funny story inspired by that Julia Roberts movie "Runaway Bride" but it was quite different. Still, I was not the least bit disappointed. The book had lots of drama, not just in the romance between Delaney and Nick, but in Delaney's other relationships, and in Nick's past as well.

Delaney is a really sweet character. At the start of the book she's in a very tough spot in life, she has grown up living in the shadows of her sister's tragic death at sixteen.
Susan
Pretty good book. Delaney found this magical wedding veil and saw a different man than her fiance when she touched it. A few days later she met that man when she tried to kidnap her fiance for a wild weekend and got Nick instead. There are immediate sparks, but neither follows through on them. She meets Nick again when she starts renovations on his grandmother's house - who is trying to throw Delaney and Nick together because she feels that they belong together. As they spend time together, the ...more
Julie Barrett
Jun 17, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
There Goes the Bride by Lori Wilde
Delaney Cartwright had postponed her marriage twice now. Now it was August, so hot and she was getting the fear it was all wrong. She couldn't marry him. She had paid a man to kidnap her from the wedding but when he turned to look at her from the front seat of the car, it was not the man she had hired.
Wedding was all set, orchestra, 500 guests, brides maids, groomsmen and Dr. Evan Van Zandt, the groom.
A few months prior she had found a special veil with a legend
Joanne
Jul 02, 2013 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-wilde
'There Goes the Bride' by Lori Wilde has a bit of everything: romance, character growth, adventure and mystery with a great sub-plot as well. There is always something going on (rather than 'filler') – it is brilliant and kept me turning pages long after I should have gone to bed!

Lori Wilde writes such strong characters (and not just the main ones) who interact well, which I love, although in this book I would have liked the heroine to have had a bit more of a back bone in the end. I understand
Connie N.
Apr 01, 2013 Connie N. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, wedding
Loved it! This is a true romance...lots of build-up, lots of setting the stage, lots of wonderfully romantic scenes culminating in a happy ending (I'm not giving away anything you didn't already know, am I?). High society Delaney finally opens up to her friends that she's not excited about her upcoming wedding, so they convince her to try a crazy dramatic gesture to fire up her love life with her fiancé, but it backfires and she becomes involved with an injured cop Nick with a family who are try ...more
Joanne
Jan 13, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved this book by Lori Wilde....Delaney Cartwright, socialite in Texas, touches a wedding veil and knows that she cannot go through with her wedding. When she touched the veil she envisioned a stranger's dark eyes and irressistible lips the second her fingers hit the lace. But she just call of the wedding for which everyone is pushing her to marry, especially her dominant mother.

Nick Vinetti enters her life in the most unusual and funny way. He is not of her social standing, but when the
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
I really enjoyed this book you really fall in love with the characters. It was a little predictable but I loved it anyway. Sweet and funny story with lots of characters to follow. I definitely want to read the rest of the series.
Dee
Apr 30, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

She plans to marry
She meets cop and falls for him
But can't stop wedding

House staging: cool job
Characters well developed
Rooted for these two

4-1/2 stars
Patrice
Aug 04, 2012 Patrice rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness, I totally forgot that I finished this and never updated it on Goodreads. This was a great story; I really enjoyed the story from beginning to end. The main characters, Delaney Cartwright and Nick Vinetti don’t get off to a great start at their first meeting which involves a slick pink rain coat, a bustier, and mistaken identity.
Nick’s grandmother and her friend decide, after meeting Delaney, that she’d be the perfect match for Nick. The only problem is that Delaney is already eng
Shannon
Jul 13, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it
Read a part of a combined book titles Kiss the Bride
Kelly
I didn't read too many pages. Just couldn't get into it.
Deb
Jul 19, 2013 Deb rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
I live the story about Delaney and Nick. It showed how two people can balance each other out. The sub plot of the mother ended a bit too easily. A life time of bad behavior can not just be forgotten. At least a real conversation or two is necessary. How that plot ended makes wonder if the next book's ending will annoy me as much and should I even bother.
Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 Tatrd rated it it was amazing
Delaney Cartwright & Nick Vinetti
She's engaged to his doctor. She tries to kidnap the doctor for afternoon of sex but accidentally gets Nick instead. Then his grandmother hires her to stage their house so they can sell the family home. Nick tries to sabotage it because he doesn't want to sell the house.
Review
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 Dawn ♥ romance rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
This book had a good plot plus exciting and frequently humorous action but it also had lots of internal debate dosed with guilt and I started skimming. Rich socialite Delaney wants to spice up her sex life so plans to kidnap her fiance for a wild afternoon but in error nabs Nick a cop recuperating from a knee injury.
Carla Collette
Aug 12, 2014 Carla Collette rated it it was ok
I read a lot of romances, and I'm willing to put up with quite a bit of predictability, but this book had way too much trope and not enough fun to make up for it. There was too much talking about what was happening and too little showing it. I don't think that I'll read more of this series.
Samantha
Jan 23, 2010 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Could of been better. Kind of cute. There was no wow factor here. Nothing that popped off the pages. Surprisingly the sneak peak into the 2nd book of the series was kind of good. Don't know if I'll be picking it up but you never know.

ETA: Change from 2* to 3* after reading Kiss the Bride.
Shana Elbrecht
Feb 11, 2013 Shana Elbrecht rated it liked it
The plot of this book was fun, but at times, it was very poorly written. I had some funny moments where I identified with the bride, but mostly I just thought she was a silly character.
Gail
This was a second read. And even Texans don'always realize that it doesn't cool off much overnight on Galveston Island... Cute story. I enjoyed it both times I read it.
Jessica Flaska
Mar 27, 2008 Jessica Flaska rated it liked it
lori wild is pretty good. an easy read. has comedy along with romance. it gives a good laugh that you actually laugh out loud.
Jill
Nov 26, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it
Number one in the series. Typical romance novel....girl gets boy, but the path to true love can be filled with bumps.
Candy
Jun 16, 2013 Candy rated it really liked it
Cute story. Loved the banter between Nick and Delaney. Had me laughing out loud.
Jami
May 22, 2012 Jami rated it it was amazing
This book was a hoot. I can't wait to read the next one. I loved Delaney and Nick.
Melissa
Jan 20, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Fun read. Her voice is different from other authors. I really enjoyed her.
Nichole
Jan 11, 2012 Nichole rated it liked it
Funny. Write for MPL blog during wedding season/Valentines Day.
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • Guys & Dogs (Guys & Dogs, #1)
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • Sand, Sun... Seduction!
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Mad, Bad and Blonde (West Investigations, #1)
  • Some Girls Do (Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • I Want Candy (Bigler, North Carolina #2)
  • She Drives Me Crazy (Walker Brothers, #1)
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • Risky Business
  • I Got You, Babe (The DeMarco Family, #1)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Simply Sexy (Simply #5)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

Wedding Veil Wishes (4 books)
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • Addicted to Love (Wedding Veil Wishes, #3)
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)