A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life

A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Judith Hanson Lasater has been teaching an annual yoga retreat at Feathered Pipe Ranch, in Helena, Montana, for 28 years. When she learned that one of her students was collecting Lasater’s thoughts — which she called “Judith’s aphorisms” — Lasater decided to collect them in this book. Featuring one thought for each day of the year, along with a suggested practice, these br...more
Published September 25th 2006 by Rodmell Press

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Living Your Yoga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Living Your Yoga

Heather
Great everyday yoga resource.
Bonnie
This is a gem that you can refer to on a daily basis. I am a Judith Lasater fan. In July I attended her Restorative Poses teacher training in San Francisco. She is a remarkable yoga teacher and a wonderful, intuitive, wise person. This book has a thought for each day of the year.

Here is the entry for February 12th:

Whatever you do, do it with an open heart.

LIVING YOUR YOGA: Maybe you agreed to do something but now you are wishing you hadn’t. If you do choose to follow through in the end, do so wi...more
A wonderful collection of daily reminders to breathe, relax, and appreciate the important things in life. Yoga practitioners will enjoy keeping this one on their nightstands and teachers will enjoy sharing the words of wisdom with their students in class. Lasater truly knows what it means to 'live' yoga.
Dawnie
I'm not quite finished with this yet (as it has a daily devotional), but I am really enjoying it. At least once a day I try to meditate and often I will reflect back on what I read that morning to get me started. Its very uplifting and I really enjoy where its taken me.
Nicole Miller
This is a great daily inspiration book concerning yoga. Already, just using it for the last week, it helped set a meditative tone to my day and give me something to focus on either in my practice or my daily life. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.
Em
The book provides a yoga-related thought or focus for each day of the year which although a lovely idea, I found there were just too many days where I read the entry but was too busy or preoccupied to consciously apply it throughout the day.
Wendy
I just got this book today and read half already even though its supposed to take a year. It is not so much a yoga book as a life book..how to make each day better by changing our attitude and our response to external factors.
Moira
So far, so awesome. Nice, succinct daily meditations for both on and off the mat. In its second annual rotation...
DrJenni
Wonderful quips to keep you going throughout the day/s. One that I will come back to again, I'm sure.
Nancy Long
Daily reading that are inspiring, fun, and helpful.
Sally
Sep 14, 2007 Sally is currently reading it
two sentence daily reads, to uplift your daily experiences
Karen
A new thought every day
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Felipe Costa
Felipe Costa marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kate Pardey
Kate Pardey marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Angela Elliott
Angela Elliott marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Julianne Albano
Julianne Albano marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Mandy Decker
Mandy Decker is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
els
els marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Bowie Stevens
Bowie Stevens marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras
  • Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness
  • The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
  • Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga
  • Yoga Body, Buddha Mind
  • The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker's Guide to Extraordinary Living
  • Hatha Yoga Pradipika
  • The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
  • A Life Worth Breathing: A Yoga Master's Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing
  • Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques
  • Yoga: the Path to Holistic Health
  • Yoga for Depression: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga
  • The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice
  • Yoga Anatomy
  • Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
  • Yoga for Emotional Balance: Simple Practices to Help Relieve Anxiety and Depression
  • The Yoga Bible: The Definitive Guide to Yoga
  • Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness
Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times 30 Essential Yoga Poses: For Beginning Students and Their Teachers What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana