Start by marking “TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)” as Want to Read:
TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)

TimeRiders (TimeRiders #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  9,082 Ratings  ·  825 Reviews
Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren’t rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose—to fix broken history. Because
Published February 4th 2010 by Penguin Group (Australia)

To ask other readers questions about TimeRiders, please sign up.

Farhan Umer 9/10 from me cause I loved it but there is always room for improvement

Aurora
I picked this book up at Books-a-Million, a bookstore I don't usually shop at. I had looked at it several times at other book stores, but I had never bought it until that night. I have since learned that if I look at a book several times, but only buy it later, I will probably love it, and this is no exception.
TimeRiders is a time travel story about three kids saved from death to protect the future from time travelers who mess with time. There is more to the story, though, because the kids start
S.W.
Aug 19, 2015 S.W. rated it it was amazing
The TimeRiders is a great book that has hooked me for the rest of the series. The blurb for this book is brilliant. How can you not be intrigued by this?
" Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, ‘Take my hand ...’ "

These three teens are saved from certain death and catapulted into a world of time travel and mystery. They become
Triss
Feb 22, 2013 Triss rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travelers
4. Ale len preto, že viem, že táto séria bude mať 9 častí a na GR je len 5 hviezdičiek.

- úžasný obal
- skvelý preklad
- perfektný dej
- postavy, ktoré si zamilujete
- Bob

Všetci toto čítajte :)

UPDATE: Všetci toto čítajte, lebo ja si strašne prajem, aby na Slovensku vyšla celá séria.
Stuart
Oct 07, 2013 Stuart rated it liked it
"Let's take a episode from the TV series Time Tunnel and write it in print"

What do three random strangers have in common? Well imagine this, your having a normal day and then you are told by a complete stranger your about to die. You have a choice, either stay and face death or be pulled out from the situation you find yourself in and become a member of the Timeriders. Or is that Time Tunnel? To me, this does read like a lazy rip-off from the old TV series. There is even a episode similar to thi
Mark
Jun 17, 2014 Mark rated it liked it
Recommended to Mark by: Eunice Masters
If books won accolades for the gripping start of their plots then this first volume in the series ought to have won award after award after award. It is a really clever concept where young people destined for a horrible death are rescued by a stranger suddenly appearing in the moment of catastrophe. The option given to them, either stay and die as was planned or take the step into the unknown and become a 'Time rider'.

The job of these new recruits is to live in one day of time continually repeat
Jonathan
Nov 13, 2011 Jonathan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans, young adult readers
Having just read the second of this series I believe it is time I retrace my steps and quickly review this fine novel. Of course if you want a more interesting read jump on to the second review.

As far as YA reads go TimeRiders is brilliant. There's a lot of action, a lot of deaths and lots of technology. Not to mention that a few brilliant twists and tension exist in spade-loads throughout the gripping plot.
Of the two I have read there is no doubt the first is superior in terms of plot and wow
Erik
Jan 01, 2015 Erik rated it really liked it
Ou Kriste, tak toto teda skoncilo! Perfektna kniha, perfektny napad, perfektne premyslene.
Zo zaciatku sa mi to ale nepacilo, prvych 100 - 150 stran mi pripadalo chaotickych, otvorim knihu a hned Titanic, potom pad lietadla, potom rok 2026, potom Kennedy, potom 2066, potom Hitler, potom dvojicky... a ja ze hello, mam statnicu z historie, ale ledva sa v tom orientujem takto, vela a naraz, ale potom som pochopil, ujo nam to musel vysvetlit a zaroven rozvijat pribeh, inak by sme knihu odvrhli, ze p
Miruš
Perfektné, perfektné, perfektné! Eňo ňuňo kniha, mať k nej ešte tak aj pokračko hneď po ruke, bolo by to ideálne. :D
Annabel
Jan 01, 2013 Annabel rated it it was ok
Unf. I really wanted to like this book more than I did.
Time Riders has a simple but brilliant concept: time police. Whenever anyone goes back and tries to change the timeline, they dash in, guns a-blazing and fix it, along with the help of Bob, a sort of android-y being whose unemotional attitude leads to some occasionally hilarious oneliners. The main characters, (aside from aforementioned android) are Liam, a boy who should have died on the Titanic in 1912, Maddy Carter, who should have died i
Tyrean
Dec 12, 2013 Tyrean rated it it was ok
I loved the concept of this book, and some of the character development was good. The action scenes are excellent.

What I didn't like:
The only swearing used, over and over again, is Jesus' name, which bugged me. I know not everyone shares my faith, but sometimes, in instances like this, I feel like I'm having someone throw their disbelief in my face over and over again. I'm not a fan of swearing in books generally, and this kind of ruined the book for me. I can't recommend it to friends, even th
Alex Swift
Aug 31, 2016 Alex Swift rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
(3.75)
Pierwszy tom serii Time Riders to fantazyjna podróż do przeszłości. Wartka akcja, wyraziści bohaterowie, humor, wszystko ciekawe i dopięte na ostatni guzik. Scarrow bardzo pozytywnie mnie zaskoczył i pokazał, że każdy może w jakiś sposób odcisnąć piętno w historii. Jeźdźcy w czasie spodobają się nie tylko fanom podróży w czasie, ale też miłośnikom historii i osobom, które chcą przeżyć niesamowitą przygodę z barwnymi bohaterami w roli dowódców. Gorąco polecam!
edifanob
Oct 15, 2010 edifanob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2010-reads
Awesome read! Hard to put down. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Fortunately there will be NINE books!!!!!

Read my full review over at Edi's Book Lighthouse
Petra Sýkorová
Liam měl zemřít v podpalubí Titaniku, když se potopil. Maddy měla zemřít v letadle po té, co vybuchla bomba. Sal měla uhořet v Indii. Liam je z roku 1912, Maddy z roku 2010 a Sal z roku 2026. Všem třem byla nabídnuta možnost žít, ale už nikdy se nebudou moci vrátit do svých životů tak, jak je znali. Místo toho začnou pracovat pro agenturu Jezdců v čase.

V budoucnosti totiž lidé sestrojí stroj času a lidé se tak budou moci vrátit do minulosti. A právě proto jsou tady Jezdci času. Mají zabránit a
Julie
Jun 12, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Excellente découverte! Moi qui ne suis pas tellement branchée SF en général, j'ai vraiment apprécié ce livre. L'idée de départ est bien exploitée et l'équipe de Time Riders sympa à suivre. Cette saga m'a l'air prometteuse, je pense donc la poursuivre :)
Aso
Jul 30, 2016 Aso rated it really liked it
Aihhh bukunya keren, sangat menghibur, menegangkan dari awal sampai akhir. My favorite character is Bob. Saya harap dia bakal muncul lagi di buku buku selanjutnya.
Emma
May 19, 2010 Emma rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, teen
Jason
Apr 21, 2013 Jason rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2013
3.5 Stars

This is an enjoyable first book in a neat time traveling young adult series. Time Riders is an easy read that will have you flying through the pages. The cast is a bunch of young likables that we simply need to know more about.

The premise is cool...a secret agency plucks our heroes out of time moments before their deaths. They are all chosen for their unique talents and gifts, wether that is being the analytical one, the technical one, or the one that can formulate tactics and plans.

The
Pauline
Nov 13, 2014 Pauline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Wow, what a brilliant book. So exciting all the way through. Really couldn't put it down at all. Became totally intrigued with the story concept and all of the characters. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Sam Whitehouse
Oct 29, 2015 Sam Whitehouse rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, ya
Action-packed, but plot could have been tighter and pace a little faster.
Overall, pretty good.
❥ Azzurra
Time Riders è il primo volume di una serie che apre le avventure di un trio di ragazzi, viaggiatori nel tempo.
Liam, 16 anni, assistente di bordo sul Titanic nel 1912 quando lo conobbe.
Maddy, 18 anni, appassionata di computer vive nel 2010 quando tutto accadde.
Saleena, 12 anni, giocatrice di Pidoku prelevata nel 2026 a un passo dal bruciare viva.
E’ così che sono stati scelti, oltre che per capacità di ognuno (l’intraprendenza, l’intelligenza e la memoria visiva), perchè stavano tutti per morire.
I
Annie
First Look: I loved the premise of this, right from the first time I read the back cover. I just had to buy it. I'm rather fond of time travel stories. I hoped this one would follow through. This might be a shorter review, since I've gotten behind again.

Setting: The historical aspects of this were cool. Of course, setting your first scene in the sinking Titanic is always a fantastic idea. The other settings were interesting, too. The author definitely did a nice job making the altered history s
Tasha
Apr 02, 2011 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Liam, Maddy and Sal were all about to die when a time traveller, Foster, plucks them from their time and brings them to New York, 2001. The three of them are about to become a team of Timeriders, with the task of making sure no one else messes up the time lines. Their job is to spot when something has changed, figure out what and when it happened and go then fix it.

Wow! This book turned out to be much more awesome than I expected it to be. Yes the concept sounded good even before reading but it
Steven Naylor
Jun 29, 2015 Steven Naylor rated it really liked it
Rating 3.75 stars

This was a very interesting book. Not the usual type of story that I read but it was close. The premise of the book is that someone in the future invents time travel, and with that comes the potential for alterations in the time stream. In order to protect the time stream agents are brought together to fix whatever problems come up. The team consist of 3 main members. The first is Liam (the operative), a 16 year old boy who was taken off the Titanic right before it sank. The sen
Carolyn
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Three teens, all from different time periods, have the same man visit them asking them the same question: Do you want to die, or do you want to live a strange but helpful life?

Each choose to live.

They come together as Time Riders, a group of people who live days over and over again looking for any significant changes in the world. Liam, Maddy, Sal, and their robot, Bob, are responsible for watching the world on September 11, 2001. They're not allow
Robin Carter
May 07, 2012 Robin Carter rated it it was amazing
As someone who reads and reads and reads i have always said i'm not going to get sucked into the kids / YA market. EG Harry Bloomin potter market, its a kids book for kids and can be read by kids.

BUT....i have been proved a liar.

Im a huge fan of Alex Scarrows writing so when i heard about this book i had to give it a go, the concept alone is brilliant, but as usual his main strength comes to the fore. Great characters. The man just knows people and writes them so well and that comes across so we
Georgie R
Oct 25, 2011 Georgie R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls and boys, ages 9-12
Recommended to Georgie by: Head Librarian and fellow librarians
Blurb: Liam O'Connor should have died at sea in 1912.

Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.

Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2029.

Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, 'Take my hand . . .'

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren't rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose - to fix broken history. Because time travel is here, and there are those who would go back in time and change the past.

That's why the TimeRiders
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)
Look, if you want books featuring in-depth descriptions of how time travel works, this isn't the book for you. If instead you want a series in which the time travel is basically "Look, it's a thing, just go with it" and in which teenagers are effectively the time police, then this will fit the bill nicely.

It's definitely at the younger end of YA, and frankly it was fairly predictable at times. But it was also a lot of fun and a pretty fun concept from start to finish. And to be perfectly honest
H H
Sep 05, 2016 H H rated it liked it
My overal thought was that its interesting- the characters were well developed, both protagonists and antagonists were likable. I wasn't bored but i was expecting a bit more of a plot twist. I definitely enjoyed this book though
Dan
Feb 08, 2010 Dan rated it liked it
A good concept that keeps the pages turning in the latter half of the book but drags a little at the beginning. If I'm being really picky I'd say that the author could have shed about 100 pages. Just needed to be a bit bolder with the red pen.
Word Game 1 4 Jun 15, 2015 12:51PM
Time Travel: TIMERIDERS (September 2011) 55 181 Nov 10, 2014 05:54AM
Time Travel: Alex Scarrow - Timeriders (series) 8 74 Sep 24, 2014 12:16PM
Audiobooks for US fans? 1 6 May 03, 2014 09:10AM
  • Subject Seven (Subject Seven, #1)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • Department Nineteen (Department Nineteen, #1)
  • Jimmy Coates: Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Earthfall
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Fight for Freedom (Gladiator, #1)
  • The Project
  • Hex (Hex, #1)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Invasion (C.H.A.O.S., #1)
  • The Doomsday Box (Shadow Project, #2)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)
  • The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1)
  • The Obsidian Blade (The Klaatu Diskos, #1)
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The
More about Alex Scarrow...

TimeRiders (9 books)
  • Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)

“It is in our nature to destroy what we create. (Dr. Paul Kramer)” 36 likes
“Oh God, what is it with mankind? Never happy unless it's blowing someone up.” 9 likes