Start by marking “Head First PMP” as Want to Read:
Head First PMP

Head First PMP (Head First Series)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  444 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Learn the latest principles and certification objectives in The PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition, in a unique and inspiring way with Head First PMP . The second edition of this book helps you prepare for the PMP certification exam using a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works. You'll find a full-length sample exam included inside the book.

More than just pr
Published August 4th 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published March 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Head First PMP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head First PMP

Arwa
Jul 06, 2015 Arwa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Head First my favorite since college and remains so :)
Khaled Al-Bahnsawy
Jun 01, 2015 Khaled Al-Bahnsawy rated it it was amazing
أسهل وأظرف وأمتع كتاب ممكن استخدامه للتعرف على منهجيه كتاب البمبوك الإصدار الخامس وإدارة المشروعات بشكل عام
أسلوبه شيق و الرسومات والشارتس و الصور و الأسئلة طريقتها مبتكره الشرح عن طريق ضرب أمثله مشروعات بسيطة
انصح بالبدء بيه فعلا لأنه هيفرق كتير مع أي حد.
Cyrus
Dec 21, 2012 Cyrus rated it really liked it
Makes studying for the PMP exams interesting. I am a visual person and this book really helped me considering my learning style.
Scott
Dec 03, 2008 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book to study in preparation for the Project Management Professional certification exam. This book made the PMI's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowlege, 3rd Edition (PMBOK) very accessible. The information was presented fairly casually with a variety of ways to reinforce the information--crossword puzzles, word matching exercises, and sample exam questions. The website for the book also provides a full sample exam in PDF format.

This book was an indespensible tool in prep
Mary Beth
May 19, 2015 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing
Such a good book to introduce you to all the PMP concepts. I think the book did a good job of making concepts approachable and diving into some of the really confusing parts (e.g., Control Quality vs. Quality Assurance).
Ashley Summers
May 30, 2016 Ashley Summers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful

Easy read with lots of exercises to keep your brain engaged. It really helped me learn the information. Updated for 2016 exam.
Kassie
Oct 22, 2014 Kassie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, own, 2014
This was pretty good. A number of typos, like which page answers were on for exercises, or not having the answers to an exercise. Good for visual learners.
Tsunami Noai
More approachable and understandable that Rita's book, though less comprehensive. Reading this was a great week-before-exam study refresher.
Paulo Prosperi
Jan 21, 2016 Paulo Prosperi rated it liked it
Não é tão completo mas alguns conceitos importantes são explicados de forma muito mais simples e fácil.
Ameen Magdy
Apr 27, 2016 Ameen Magdy rated it really liked it
Read and enjoy but don't depend on it for the exam
Blake Ong
Feb 22, 2016 Blake Ong rated it really liked it
I passed my PMP with this book and exam simulator.
M B
Nov 09, 2015 M B rated it it was amazing
Must read for PMP / Project management understanding.
Ahmed Elshamy
Mar 30, 2014 Ahmed Elshamy rated it it was amazing
That is the right resource for PMP exam preparation.
Sheldon
Oct 14, 2014 Sheldon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
Very good prep book for the PMP... I found reading this book was more useful than the class for me as it used more examples that it carried through explaining the processes. I recommend it and the PMBOK together as prep (and plenty of practice tests and questions).
James
Jan 28, 2013 James rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as far as getting a real world grasp on some of the framework for the PMP exam. It comes with a free test (or you can go to the website and take it) which is a good starter practice exam for the test.

You will defaintly need more than just this book in my opinion, but it is a good starter book to read before you dive into the PMP manual.
Sun Kwok
Feb 17, 2012 Sun Kwok rated it really liked it
Good coverage of the essential ideas behind the project management discipline. If you learned all the concepts in this book thoroughly, you should be able to score 80% or so on the PMP test. This is because the actual test is significantly harder than the practice test in this book. Good luck on your test!
Layne
Feb 01, 2016 Layne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grabbed this book as another reference for my PMP exam study. This book is well laid out and very comprehensive. The unique thing about this book is that they use multiple learning techniques to help you remember the material. It is an excellent study guide.
John Gravitt
This is really good if you are a visual learner. It's a little too busy/comic book like for me. I do like the questions and the explanations for them. Try the 200 question free PDF on their website for an example.
Gleb Sevruk
Oct 11, 2013 Gleb Sevruk rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-non-fiction
It really helped me a lot with exams. Frankly, all university course was build on this material.

This book is describing PMBook in a very fun and engaging way. You wont be able to stop reading it :)
Delia
Mar 30, 2013 Delia rated it really liked it
I have the 2nd edition to lend. I added notes where one must reference PMBOK or if there is a difference. I like how these authors mention the dog who proofread, thus explaining errors in their book...
Lara
Oct 13, 2013 Lara marked it as changed-mind-stoppedreading  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librarybcl, _pmp
pgs=658; glossary=no; b&w; index=yes/good; will help me study for the pmp; exercises; sample exam questions; way too much white space; while I like the different ideas---it just makes the book too damn long...
Revanth Talari
Feb 03, 2014 Revanth Talari rated it really liked it
Shelves: mba-books
The book format is very engaging when compared to PMBOK. Study the book diligently and do all the exercises in the book. You will be able to crack the PMP exam.
Bahaa
Mar 01, 2010 Bahaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Project Management Techniques, Exercises, Case Studies, Applications, Exams, Everything you need to learn professional project management in a brain friendly way!
Skeller2483
Jun 22, 2010 Skeller2483 rated it really liked it
Great start to the PMP studying I had to do. Gives a good foundation, but needs to be read with other study materials to prepare you for the PMP exam.
Yogesh Joshi
Aug 01, 2012 Yogesh Joshi rated it really liked it
A really good book for those who are preparing for their PMP certification. This helped me a lot.
Ron
Sep 13, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
Great as a supplementary source. I wouldn't use it as the main study book, but it's a great help.
Chrissie Noonan
Mar 21, 2015 Chrissie Noonan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Definitely a great book to have in hand while studying for the PMP exam. Great for visual learners!
Cheryl
Jul 07, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2010
Helped me pass my PMP exam. Well worth the investment. Terrific tool.
Daniel
Apr 10, 2009 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
I like the exercises and the visual associations. good companion to the pmbok.
Bassel
Jan 16, 2014 Bassel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the greatest book ever written on project management. highly rerecorded.
  • Head First Software Development
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: A Brain Friendly Guide to OOA&D
  • Pmp Exam Prep: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the Pmp Exam
  • Head First Statistics
  • Head First PHP & MySQL
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Head First JavaScript
  • Head First Data Analysis: A Learner's Guide to Big Numbers, Statistics, and Good Decisions
  • Head First Ajax
  • Head First Web Design
  • Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML
  • The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try
  • Head First Servlets and JSP: Passing the Sun Certified Web Component Developer Exam
  • The Business Analyst's Handbook
  • Head First Android Development
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (Pmbok Guide) - 5th Edition

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

(3)brain-friendly guides
More about Jennifer Greene...

Head First Series (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Head First 2D Geometry
  • Head First Web Design
  • Head First C#
  • Head First Ajax
  • Head First PHP & MySQL

“You usually can’t just tell people to do what you want and have them do it.” 0 likes