Start by marking “Head First PMP” as Want to Read:
Head First PMP

Head First PMP (Head First Series)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  280 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Learn the latest principles and certification objectives in The PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition, in a unique and inspiring way with Head First PMP . The second edition of this book helps you prepare for the PMP certification exam using a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works. You'll find a full-length sample exam included inside the book.

More than just pr
Published August 4th 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published March 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Head First PMP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head First PMP

Cyrus
Makes studying for the PMP exams interesting. I am a visual person and this book really helped me considering my learning style.
Scott
I bought this book to study in preparation for the Project Management Professional certification exam. This book made the PMI's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowlege, 3rd Edition (PMBOK) very accessible. The information was presented fairly casually with a variety of ways to reinforce the information--crossword puzzles, word matching exercises, and sample exam questions. The website for the book also provides a full sample exam in PDF format.

This book was an indespensible tool in prep
Kassie
This was pretty good. A number of typos, like which page answers were on for exercises, or not having the answers to an exercise. Good for visual learners.
Ahmed Elshamy
That is the right resource for PMP exam preparation.
Sheldon
Very good prep book for the PMP... I found reading this book was more useful than the class for me as it used more examples that it carried through explaining the processes. I recommend it and the PMBOK together as prep (and plenty of practice tests and questions).
James
I enjoyed this book as far as getting a real world grasp on some of the framework for the PMP exam. It comes with a free test (or you can go to the website and take it) which is a good starter practice exam for the test.

You will defaintly need more than just this book in my opinion, but it is a good starter book to read before you dive into the PMP manual.
Sun Kwok
Good coverage of the essential ideas behind the project management discipline. If you learned all the concepts in this book thoroughly, you should be able to score 80% or so on the PMP test. This is because the actual test is significantly harder than the practice test in this book. Good luck on your test!
Layne
I grabbed this book as another reference for my PMP exam study. This book is well laid out and very comprehensive. The unique thing about this book is that they use multiple learning techniques to help you remember the material. It is an excellent study guide.
John Gravitt
This is really good if you are a visual learner. It's a little too busy/comic book like for me. I do like the questions and the explanations for them. Try the 200 question free PDF on their website for an example.
Gleb Sevruk
It really helped me a lot with exams. Frankly, all university course was build on this material.

This book is describing PMBook in a very fun and engaging way. You wont be able to stop reading it :)
Delia
I have the 2nd edition to lend. I added notes where one must reference PMBOK or if there is a difference. I like how these authors mention the dog who proofread, thus explaining errors in their book...
Lara
Oct 13, 2013 Lara marked it as changed-mind-stoppedreading  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _pmp, librarybcl
pgs=658; glossary=no; b&w; index=yes/good; will help me study for the pmp; exercises; sample exam questions; way too much white space; while I like the different ideas---it just makes the book too damn long...
Revanth Talari
The book format is very engaging when compared to PMBOK. Study the book diligently and do all the exercises in the book. You will be able to crack the PMP exam.
Bahaa
Project Management Techniques, Exercises, Case Studies, Applications, Exams, Everything you need to learn professional project management in a brain friendly way!
Skeller2483
Great start to the PMP studying I had to do. Gives a good foundation, but needs to be read with other study materials to prepare you for the PMP exam.
Yogesh Joshi
A really good book for those who are preparing for their PMP certification. This helped me a lot.
Ron
Great as a supplementary source. I wouldn't use it as the main study book, but it's a great help.
Chrissie Noonan
Definitely a great book to have in hand while studying for the PMP exam. Great for visual learners!
Cheryl
Helped me pass my PMP exam. Well worth the investment. Terrific tool.
Daniel
I like the exercises and the visual associations. good companion to the pmbok.
Bassel
the greatest book ever written on project management. highly rerecorded.
مروان عادل
Reading any other book in this titlw will be a waste pf your time
Ali Faidi
Very good in understand PMP book with unique way for learning
Srinivasan Nagobarao
Very useful guide to understand the process & concept.
Ahmed Huessien
Not good book for studying but it had nice quesston
Kaushal
May 20, 2012 Kaushal added it
Shelves: completed
vast coverage of the essential ideas behind the pmp
Alexf
Very fun way to learn the methodology.
Nandan
Sep 24, 2011 Nandan added it
useful
Hasan Elyarli
Hasan Elyarli marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Maria
Maria is currently reading it
May 01, 2015
  • Head First Software Development
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: A Brain Friendly Guide to OOA&D
  • Pmp Exam Prep: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the Pmp Exam
  • Head First Statistics
  • Head First Servlets and JSP: Passing the Sun Certified Web Component Developer Exam
  • Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Head First JavaScript
  • Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML
  • Head First Data Analysis: A Learner's Guide to Big Numbers, Statistics, and Good Decisions
  • User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development
  • Regular Expressions Cookbook
  • Implementing Responsive Design: Building Sites for an Anywhere, Everywhere Web
  • The Business Analyst's Handbook
  • The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try
  • Head First Web Design

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

(3)brain-friendly guides
More about Jennifer Greene...

Head First Series (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Head First 2D Geometry