Start by marking “Beautiful Mess: The Story of Diamond Rio (NelsonFree)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Mess: The Story of Diamond Rio (NelsonFree)

Beautiful Mess: The Story of Diamond Rio (NelsonFree)

Can a band comprised of six very talented but very different musicians make a difference with their music?

Published September 14th 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Mess

LaDonna
Nov 19, 2009 LaDonna rated it really liked it
Are you a country music fan? Have you ever wondered about the lives of the artists / groups you listen to? I have. With a chapter for each member of the band Diamond Rio, you will get an in depth view of each man’s life before he joined the group including how his life often intertwined with other members before the group was formed. This group of God-fearing men has a wonderful message to share and knowing their history helps the reader / listener to understand that message and that desire they ...more
Holly Barrett
Aug 21, 2014 Holly Barrett rated it really liked it
It's not often that you read a book that mentions times and events and places that are familiar to your own life....at least it's not often for me. That was one of my favorite parts about reading A Beautiful Mess by Diamond Rio. Several of these guys are about my age so although we grew up in different areas of the country and in totally different lives, the music and events that shaped their lives were part of mine as well.

The book covers the development of each member of Diamond Rio one by one
Julie
Oct 08, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: country music lovers and fans of Diamond Rio

What made it possible for Diamond Rio to weather the storms inherent in the fickle world of fame and fortune and go more than two decades without a single lineup change? Any reader in search of transparency and a behind-the-scenes look into the life of the band as a unit as well as the individual lives of the players and singers will be well satisfied. Can true loyalty exist within the compe
Pastoralmusings
Oct 04, 2009 Pastoralmusings rated it it was amazing
Diamond Rio: Beautiful Mess

When given the chance to review Beautiful Mess, I took advantage of it. This is an amazing book.
The book begins by giving a teaser that shows Diamond Rio looking as if they are on the way out. We are then taken back to the early days of Diamond Rio before there was a Diamond Rio.
We are given a peek behind the scenes in Opryland USA where many of the band members worked, played, and sang. We learn about how the country music industry views park players. We also read of
Adree
Oct 04, 2009 Adree added it
Diamond Rio: Beautiful Mess

Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Aug 28, 2009 Holly (2 Kids and Tired) rated it really liked it
I love Diamond Rio. They're one of my favorite bands. I had an opportunity to meet them after a concert and I can attest to the fact that they are the genuine article: warm, friendly and down to earth.

In this entertaining story, we see the early beginnings of the band and find out how Diamond Rio became Diamond Rio. Through beginnings atOpryland, circumstances beyond their own control and decisions they made, the band molded itself into the fabulous group they are today. Each member has his own
Aymee
Sep 13, 2009 Aymee rated it it was amazing
Country music super group Diamond Rio took six very different men, melded them together and became an award winning act. Despite their differences, many serious setbacks, and a lot of tough challenges, they managed to pull through even the hardest of times and not just stick together but stay friends as well. This is their inspiring story of how they did just that.

I was absolutely amazed at the perseverance and complete faith shown by all six of these men. Through numerous lineup changes in the
Wendy Hines
Jun 20, 2013 Wendy Hines rated it really liked it
I'm a country music fan and have listened and sang along to many Diamond Rio songs. What I didn't know what the background behind the band. Beautiful Mess gives us an insight to each of the band members personal lives, the trials and tribulations they went through, and how they overcame them. There is a concept of family with them, they don't have to do anything alone.

We're taken back before they were overnight sensations, then shown how the react to being celebrities. One thing I find amazing i
Amanda
Apr 19, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Beautiful Mess takes us through the 20-year history of Diamond Rio, along with the personal histories of all six band members and the band’s pre-Diamond Rio days. By bouncing back and forth through the years, the book tells us how the band members changed for the first few years while being billed as the Tennessee River Boys until the present band members came along. We also get a detailed history of each of the current band members.

I like Diamond Rio, but this book still couldn’t hold my intere
Freda Mans-Labianca
Dec 27, 2009 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it liked it
When I first saw the book, I had heard of Diamond Rio, but that's the extent of that. I couldn't tell you one song. I'm really glad I read this book. What an accomplished band, considering all they had to endure, and the bandmates lost along the way.
I really liked how you were introduced to each member of the band, and not just summarizing everything. It was nice to learn about them individually as well as together.
A really great read for any country music fans out there, and I know there are mi
Phyllis J White
Beautiful mess

A rather dumb biography of a very good singing group.,It sure will put a person to sleep very quickly. Dumb,dumb. Boring..
Jan 03, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it
My review for this book has been posted on our blog.

Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2009
Susan Daugherty
Susan Daugherty rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
Nathan Hartz
Nathan Hartz rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Julie Dubbs
Julie Dubbs rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Pat Alonzo
Pat Alonzo rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2015
Melenia Gibson
Melenia Gibson rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Charles Templet
Charles Templet rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
Haley Mathiot
Haley Mathiot rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2010
Kt
Kt rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Lorri
Lorri rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Jennee Thompson
Jennee Thompson rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2009
Ryan Moore
Ryan Moore rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Ross Newman
Ross Newman rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Missy Little
Missy Little rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013