Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)

Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  97 reviews
What if the legend of Santa Claus is in fact, true? What if Santa has five big strapping sons who help him run his empire? Five single, sexy sons looking for romance...

Nicholas Klaus is a master pastry chef, a strict disciplinarian, and the eldest son of the legendary Santa Claus. One look at café owner Lucy Brewster sends him into an unexpected tailspin of lusty desires....more
Published December 2nd 2009 by The Wild Rose Press (first published September 1st 2009)

♡Karlyn P♡
A great romantic holiday fantasy story! This is a magic filled make believe tale of destined lovers getting a little help by Santa's elves. A great combination of both naughty and nice made for an enjoyable holiday read. Can't wait for the rest of the brothers to get their own books, cause I want to party some more with the naughty elves at Dags bar!
K.
3.5+*- "Sweet Inspiration" by Penny Watson - Very good showing for a first book. :)

This was a pretty cute Christmas story with a twist on the whole life and legend of Santa Claus. Nicholas Klaus is the oldest son of . . . yup - Santa and Mrs. Klaus. As the oldest of five sons, Nicholas is set to take over the job of Santa upon his retirement. Only problem is, he's more keen on running the fabulous "Glasdorf" (a/k/a North Pole) bakery (more like a factory than a small town shop) than becoming the...more
Katie(babs)
Penny Watson’s Sweet Inspiration is chock full of Christmas cheer. This is an adorable, sexy story that should be wrapped in a big red bow and given to any reader as a present. Penny takes the Santa Claus myth and gives is a nice sexy twist where Santa is jolly, but not with a belly that looks like it’s filled with jelly. Nick Sr. has five strapping sons who would make any woman swoon. The first in what looks to be an annual holiday series showcases Santa’s eldest son, Nicholas, last name Klaus,...more
ALPHAreader
‘Sweet Inspiration’ is the first e-book in a Christmas romance series from Penny Watson. The series is contemporary romance and based around the sons of St. Nicholas. . . Santa! There are five sons in the rambunctious Klaus family, and ‘Inspiration’ is the story of Nicholas Klaus, Jr.

Nicholas is the North Pole’s master baker – he runs a very efficient bakery called Klaus Küche, with the help of his elfin employees. But Nicholas is expected to follow in his father’s footsteps and don the red-suit...more
kari
Feb 01, 2010 kari rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
In a word---delicious!
Okay, I really just had to say that and reading this made me hungry!!!
This first installment about Santa's five sexy bearded sons was a treat to read. I really will stop now with the edible words.
The relationship between Nicholas and Lucy takes off from the moment he rescues her gingerbread cookies and takes many turns along the way. Both characters are well-drawn and I hoped they would each get their happily ever after. I liked the twists on the legend of Santa Claus and h...more
Mrs. Missive
Okay, this book is a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays. This book is the definition of sweet. (Both in cookies and story) We are given a really cool look at the author's take on the "real" Mr. and Mrs. Klaus.

The eldest Klaus son is a fabu chef. He is traveling the globe to study his craft. He hears of the cookies that are raved about in New York as being the best sugar cookies ever. So he goes to taste the cookies and finds the red-headed chef to be much more appealing than anything she s...more
Barbara
What a great story! I laughed and cried from the sweetness of these characters. I'm a sucker for a good holiday romance and this is it. Nicholas is charming, loyal, sexy and knows his way around a kitchen... the perfect Mr. Right!

I fell in love with the entire Klaus family. I can't wait to read the rest of the series about the Klaus brothers.

"Sweet Inspiration" is a really good holiday read! Highly recommended.
Heather in FL
This was such a great holiday story. I loved the concept that Santa is real and he has five sons. And I loved the solution everyone came up with. I don't want to give anything away, but there's an HEA and that always makes me very happy. Especially in this case. Such a cute couple. I want them as best friends so they'll cook me whatever I want, lol!
Kellie G.
A cute christmas book with charming characters, but a bit corny and far fetched. I ended up skimming over the last 25%.
Gaby
Posted at http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

Nicholas Klaus is the eldest son and destined to be the next Santa. But his real love is baking. He's an excellent chef, and while looking for new flavors and recipes, he found Sweet Inspiration bakery.

Lucy is the owner of Sweet Inspiration. She loves and enjoys to bake, and her cookies are the best. She is very sweet and cute, but also lonely. But when she sees Nicholas at her store, it's love at first sight.

Both felt in love instantly, but it w...more
Stella
From the moment I read the premise I was intrigued. I mean who doesn't want to read about a sporty hunk Santa and his 5 grown up gorgeous sons? I was instantly curious about Penny Watson's original approach to the holiday legend and I can say it was utterly charming. As soon as I started reading the novel the festive athmosphere enveloped me: I could smell baking cinnamon cookies, see the snowy streets lit with Christmas lights and feel the holiday spirit.

I didn't find Lucy a heroine I could un...more
Christine
This was a cute, quick read. It's just the kind of story of which your enjoyment is highly dependent upon your mood at the time you read it. If you're looking for some light fluff, something sweet and relatively simple, this will fit the bill perfectly. If you're looking for intricate world building with character development that evolves as the story progresses, you should probably look elsewhere.

For what it is, it's pretty well done. Sure, there were moments of eye-roll inducing dialogue and m...more
Ella Drake
What I loved about this story was the way it pulled me straight into the fantasy. Sweet Inspiration is about Santa, elves, magic, and delicious food, but at its heart, it celebrates what love and caring is all about. From Santa, to his sons, to the elves, they all care about each other and what the spirit of Christmas is supposed to be all about. And in the end, how perfect is it that love saves the day?

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It certainly helped that Nicholas is sexy yet flawed in a wa...more
dblue
Where to start? I decided to read this as part of my holiday reading list. I love the idea of a story about Santa having five son's, the holiday theme and happy endings. Also, I am a huge fan of food-centric books. This was filled with delicious descriptions of favorite Christmas confections.

There are things in the story that I thought were too stereotype at first,one item that was a real give away that the characters did not seem to catch, but once I got into the story it just fit. I thought i...more
Zen
It was a toss up between 3 or 4 stars. I liked this story. The concept is great, Santa has five sons and his oldest is Nicholas. Who is also the heir to becoming the next Santa. He loves being a chef. He hears about some awesome sugar cookies in upstate New York and heads off to taste them. This is where he meets Lucy. Lucy is a baker and has no family. The love story is warm and fuzzy. The sex scenes are pretty hot. The thing that makes this probably not a 5 star for me, was Lucy is crying on e...more
Pam
Nov 01, 2011 Pam rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who wants hot, sexy....sweet Chrstmas story to read.
I loved this book...so much fun to read. I love how Santa has 5 hunky sons and they all have their jobs to do at the North Pole.

This book is about Nicholas, Santa's oldest son. He meets a beautiful woman who runs a bakery called, "Sweet Inspirations." He meets her in our world and falls hard for her. Something happens and he wisks her off to the North Pole. Lucy loves to cook and so does Nicholas and together they make sweet things in the kitchen and in the bedroom they make sweet love.

This is...more
Diane ~Firefly~
A fun holiday read. Love the concept of Santa having a brood of big, strapping sons who each have their own specialty. Nicholas is a baker, which puts him a step ahead in my opinion.

What I enjoyed:
* The concept.
* Glasdorf.
* That Nicholas loosened up with Lucy's help.
* Lucy, except when she was being stupid at the end.
* The Klaus family.
* The elves.

What could have been better:
* Would have liked to seen a bit more of the brothers.
* The council was a bit too set in their ways.
* The beard (but that...more
Geekamicus
I liked this book so much that when I picked it up on a hot day in July, I read it straight through. It's a sweet (no pun intended) story with likable characters all the way around. A Santa story could find it too easy to be saccharine and cliche but Penny Watson makes it fun. From a ripped Santa to earth mother Mrs. Klaus and the five hunky Klaus boys, it's life at the North Pole through different eyes. I can't wait until the next one comes out in November. I hope this is a continuing series ev...more
Juju (Tales of Whimsy.com)
Sweet Inspiration is one wild fun hot ride. I was sucked in from the moment Penny Watson first described Nicholas Jr. as smelling like "smoky rum and dark spices". Yum much!? Well and I love any writer who can bring my senses to life and uses a word like "reverie". This story honestly has all the elements a gal would want from a romantic Christmas story.

Review Copyright © of Tales of Whimsy.com

For my full review please visit: http://www.talesofwhimsy.com/2009/11/...
Deborah Panger
I just finished reading Ms. Watson's Sweet Inspiration and what a tantalizing and whimsical story, she's weaved with just enough enchantment to entice the reader. Her delectable descriptions of the various bakery goods were as tantalizing and delicious as Nick and Lucy's sensual attraction and love scenes. I found Ms. Watson's world building extremely imaginative and magical. Her portrayal of the North Pole is dazzling and full of holiday charm. This is a must read for anytime of the year.
Samantha
I really enjoyed this story. Too bad I have to wait so long for the next book to come out.
Kate George
A sexy and imaginative romp. Fast and entertaining.
Paula  Phillips
Ever thought that Santa Claus was a myth and that there is no such thing as elves ? Well, readers forget everything that you have ever been taught about Santa Claus as that's the myth . He in fact does exist and lives in the North Pole or as described in the book "Glasdorf" which is translated to a City under Glass. In Glasdorf , lives Nicolas Klaus , his wife Annette and their five sons. It is tradition for the oldest son which would be Nicolas Jnr to take over his father's work of being "Santa...more
Lady Lioness
Nov 04, 2011 Lady Lioness rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lady Lioness by: Carolyn Crane
I bought this on Carolyn Crane's recommendation and, well, it was disappointing. Not disappointing in the 'Why did I spend money on this?' way, but more in the 'God, there's so much squandered potential' way.

It's a really interesting premise. To describe it in a nutshell, Santa has five sons and Sweet Inspiration is the story of the oldest. Nicholas Klaus is in line to be the next 'Santa Claus,' but his passion is baking. While on vacation before the Christmas rush, he comes across Lucy's baker...more
Kate
I don't usually give up on books, but this was just so awful. The writing was bad, the plot was bad, the characters were idiots... need I go on?

I can get over crappy writing if the store is good (Wicked, anyone?), but this only had an interesting summary going for it. I also don't like it when books will make a big reveal to the reader first (IE Santa/North Pole are real), and then make the main character play dumb for half the novel until they realize what is going on (Lucy). It is like, yeah,...more
Mandi Schreiner
I “met” Penny Watson through her blog, Penelope’s Romance Reviews before I knew she was about to be a published author. I also chat with her on Twitter and Goodreads, drool over bearded men with her and when I heard she had a book coming out, I asked her if I could review it. She will be here tomorrow for a little chat but for today, let's get to the book!
Sweet Inspiration is the first in a five book romance series featuring Santa’s sons. Nicholas Klaus, the eldest son, and master baker doesn’t...more
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Sweet Inspiration oozes Christmas. From the descriptions of the sweet delights of cookies and cinnamon pastries created by Nicholas and Lucy to the description of Santa's magical home, Glasdorf, in the North Pole. All gave me that Christmasy feeling, which is what I hoped to feel from reading this book.

Nicholas is the eldest son of five and next in line to be Santa Clause when his father retires. However, Nicholas really doesn't want the job as he loves to bake and owns his own bakery. He meets...more
Phoebe
Sep 29, 2009 Phoebe rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Phoebe by: Penny Watson
Shelves: reviewed
Jenny
I came across this book while looking for the perfect story to cheer me up. I was just in the mood for a wonderful Christmas story in September but I couldn't find it anywhere. I was very lucky to have a chance to talk with the Author Penny Watson who I got a copy from. Thank You Penny for letting me read this book. It was fantastic!

It starts off with Nicholas Klaus A master Pastry Chef and the Son of Santa out in New York where he is standing in front of an adorable Cafe called Sweet Inspirati...more
Karen
This is a sweet story with much to like.

I enjoyed the behind the scenes look at the North Pole. We get to see Santa and his family in a different light and that was a lot of fun.

I never really loved Lucy. She seemed independent and a real go getter at times then turned kind of whiny and meek at others. She wasn't someone I hated or was annoyed by but she felt sort of generic.

Nicholas was a kind man caught up in family obligations which was really interesting. He's next in line to take over the...more
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Twas the Night
  • The Naughty List
  • Holiday Sparks
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • Under The Mistletoe
  • Holiday Hideout
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • Holiday Kisses: This Time Next Year\A Rare Gift\It's Not Christmas Without You\Mistletoe and Margaritas (Holloway, #1; Kent Brothers, #2)
  • Hunk for the Holidays
  • Jingle All The Way
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • A Highlander for Christmas
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
PENNY WATSON is a native Pittsburgher whose love of romance started at the age of twelve when she discovered Gone With The Wind in the middle school library. This resulted in numerous attempts at a first novel involving a young lady with windswept hair who lived in a treehouse.

A biologist by training, Penny has worked at various times as a dolphin trainer, science teacher, florist, and turfgrass r...more
More about Penny Watson...
Lumberjack in Love Apples Should Be Red Lumberjack Epilogue: Christmas Edition Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)