A Personal Aristocracy: Cultivating the Power of Spiritual Nobility

A Personal Aristocracy: Cultivating the Power of Spiritual Nobility

2.33 of 5 stars 2.33  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Book of the Courtier meets Eckhart Tolle in this essential work of new consciousness literature. Jesus, Buddha, Baha-u’llah, Martin Luther King, Guru Nanek, Mohammed, Gandhi, Mother Theresa and others are widely considered the spiritual nobility of the world. In contrast to the ancient material nobility whose power is based upon material wealth acquired through force,...more
Published January 5th 2010 by North Atlantic Books (first published 2010)

Misty Nelson
I have an MBA. Yet, this book is simply unreadable. Then again, it is not MEANT to be read.

It is meant to be displayed as a work of - "superior intellect" - rather it is based upon advanced metrics in the use of a thesaurus - a shining example of not practicing - nor understanding - what it is you preach - and it is very, very preachy.

The book is long on symbolism and sanctimonious redundancy, completely lacking in substance or integrity.

Azzi hits it right - adultery should be at the top of w...more
Azzi S.
After long acquaintance with the author, I would take anything written in this book as theory rather than practice. His biography is exaggerated - one caribou hunt with a friend while you're dorking his wife does not make you a caribou hunter - it makes you a sleeze ball. He talks a flowery talk. His walk is more of a self centered Machiavellian noble.
Greg
I am about 1/2 through reading this book and have slowed down reading it to enjoy with more meditation. I came across this book at the Green Apple book store in San Francisco. I liked the title and then the description of its cover image got me wanting to buy it, this was Jan 2010 and the copyright is 2010. I felt lucky, it's the first book I bought this year. Written by True Blue Indigo, who certainly practices what he preaches. Discover and be blessed.
Sarah added it