Start by marking “Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)” as Want to Read:
Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)

Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen #6)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  753 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Having Girly Hobbies Doesn't Make You Less Manly!

R to L (Japanese Style). Having Girly Hobbies Doesn't Make You Less Manly! Asuka's protégé Yamato has fallen in love with a girl and needs help winning her over. He pleads with Asuka to go on a practice date with him--and play the role of the girl! Practice makes perfect, but will that be the case for Yamato?
Published May 4th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 19th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Otomen, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otomen, Vol. 6

Michael (Mai)
Jan 19, 2016 Michael (Mai) rated it really liked it
Weirder than normal with Asuka going on a date with Yamato and Kitora trying to win over Juta's sister. There was no real development with Ryo and Asuka. Ryo wasn't really even in it much but I still enjoyed it.
Sophia F
Nov 01, 2015 Sophia F rated it it was amazing
No major spoilers, but a short summary of the whole volume
We continue with our Beauty Samurai, and the author also misleads us to think certain things. As the situation gets out of hand and Asuka grows more distant from Ryo, he realizes something needs to change.
Afterwards we also get to see little Yamato fall in love. Yamato and Kuriko definitely look very similar, which is very strange.
Dressed up as a "bad boy," Yamato does look more like a guy, but I like how things turned out instead.
An e
Marsha
Aug 15, 2012 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Asuka’s life grows ever more complicated as he and Tonomine (a guy from another school who seems to have a lot of free time to go gallivanting over to Asuka’s) get involved in a magazine that promotes them as the “Beauty Samurai”.

Asuka’s so-called manly assertiveness doesn’t always stick with him when he’s away from kendo training. As he and Tonomine get manipulated by the women’s magazine’s conniving editor, they are sucked deeper into a world neither of them is fully equipped to handle. Asuka
Michelle
Jul 13, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok
Eh this one was okay, I suppose. It's veered way from the original story line, in my humble opinion. Plus one of the main characters is barely in this volume at all. Normally I don't mind divergences like this in a manga series but for some reason it was a tad annoying in this series. It's enough to make me consider not finishing this series at this point. I may pick Volume 7 up later, but there's also a big chance I may not.
Alyssa
May 10, 2016 Alyssa rated it really liked it
i barely see Ryo anymore!!! but i do love these stories about the other characters. i think it's amazing to see the other side of these characters. and the cliffhangers!!! i guess it's a thing now.
Elena
Jun 13, 2010 Elena rated it it was amazing
I really do love this series, about a high school boy who tries to be manly for the sake of his mother but he actually really likes female-like things and he meets one girl who is manly acting, so they get along well and eventually start going out.
I think overall this book was pretty funny especially with the new character that shows up, the one in the band, he seems really sweet and not mean at all, especially with all that make up you would think that hes a bad guy but he actually wasn't, ha
Amy Keeley
Jul 04, 2014 Amy Keeley rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Review will be added sometime in the near future. I promise.
Lesley
Aug 19, 2010 Lesley rated it really liked it
Nothing super-fabulous happened in this volume, but it was entertaining nonetheless. It continues to deliver the light shojo fare I love so much, and it was cute and charming. The characters never cease to make me happy, and these fluffy storylines are a great break from real life. Some of the past volumes have had me dying with laughter, and while this one just made me smile, it was still really nice.
Rachel A.
Apr 01, 2015 Rachel A. rated it liked it
I was kind of disappointed with this segment of Otomen. I am glad that Hajime was there again, as I didn't expect him to play a large role in future graphic novels, but Ryo barely made an appearance. Yamato is also very annoying.

The cover art doesn't make any sense for this edition. I think this is the weakest one yet :(
Georgina Howlett
Jun 26, 2013 Georgina Howlett rated it it was amazing
One of the cutest volumes I think I've read of Otomen! Nice pacing, good dramatic ending, and overall the volume stays true to everything previous and has a nice constant style. Can't beat Otomen! I loved the end section with the bands - that was incredibly neat, and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Ariana Deralte
May 22, 2010 Ariana Deralte rated it liked it
Shelves: shoujo, samurai, school
The end of the beauty samurai story line was strangely disjointed in places. I really had to work to figure out what happened on the film set. The other three plots that followed it were filler and not all that interesting. I hope it picks up again next book.
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
May 28, 2010 Candice M (tinylibrarian) rated it really liked it
Volume 6 reinforced the themes of being true to yourself, and proud of who you are. It actually meshed quite nicely with this week's episode of "Glee" - there were some pretty theatrical outfits in this volume!
Mariah
Aug 19, 2015 Mariah rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Juta's sister becomes more enmeshed into the story with Kitora trying to give her flowers. The result is rather sad and funny. The entire book has a rock/ visual key theme. It's certainly interesting.
Kereesa
Dec 24, 2013 Kereesa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of OHC
Recommended to Kereesa by: Isabel
Wasn't a fan of Kitora's backstory, surprisingly. Probably because he's just weird.

Enjoyed the rock band twins, even though it made me *facepalm* at the end.

Also, hints about Asuka's dad...

3.5/5
Taylor
Oct 20, 2011 Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Around volume 5 this series suddenly improved massively. I'm glad I stuck with the series because by this point the series seems to have found its identity as an over-the-top comedy - which I love!
ArdnAskelA
Sep 13, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bibli-paris
Oh, je ne m'attendais pas à ce que ce personnage apparaisse, mais bon c'est tant mieux. Cela va peut-être donner un autre sens (plus intéressant ?) à cette histoire. :)
Sesana
Apr 18, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Not the best volume to date. The beauty samurai story sort of fizzles out, and the rest of the stories are pretty forgettable.
Rebecca Ann
Mar 10, 2013 Rebecca Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
:) I love this series. I wasn't as interested in the rocker storyline, though.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 28 Agustus 2009.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Oct 05, 2013 Sarah ~Sehrenity~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Shout out to the appearance of a visual kei band at the end, lol!
Susan
May 07, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: shojo_manga
I'm glad the beauty samurai thing is over.
Mary E
Mary E rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Lady Light
Lady Light rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Emily Ståhl
Emily Ståhl rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Terako-chan
Terako-chan rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 6
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 3
  • Happy Café, Volume 14
  • Tendre Voyou Vol.5
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 1
  • Toradora! Vol. 2
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 4
  • Red River, Vol. 28 (Red River, #28)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 4
  • Land of the Blindfolded, Vol. 9 (Land of the Blindfolded, #9)
Aya Kanno (菅野 文; Kanno Aya) is a Japanese shōjo manga artist. She is the former assistant of mangaka Masashi Asaki of Psychometrer Eiji fame. Her debut was in the January 2001 issue of Hana to Yume with Soul Rescue. Thus far, her work has only been serialized in Hakusensha's shōjo manga anthologies: Hana to Yume, The Hana to Yume, Hana to Yume Plus, and now primarily in Bessatsu Hana to Yume, in w ...more
More about Aya Kanno...

Otomen (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)
  • Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4)
  • Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5)
  • Otomen, Volume 7 (Otomen #7)
  • Otomen, Vol. 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Otomen, Vol. 9 (Otomen, #9)
  • Otomen, Vol. 10 (Otomen, #10)
  • Otomen, Vol. 11 (Otomen, #11)