Start by marking “Clinton Anderson: Lessons Well Learned: Why My Method Works for Any Horse” as Want to Read:
Clinton Anderson: Lessons Well Learned: Why My Method Works for Any Horse

Clinton Anderson: Lessons Well Learned: Why My Method Works for Any Horse

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This engaging handbook examines the unparalleled effectiveness of the Downunder Horsemanship method of horse training and demonstrates how to apply the knowledge to everyday equestrian activities. Illustrated.
Published October 1st 2009 by Trafalgar Square Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Clinton Anderson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clinton Anderson

Brian
A good, resourceful book. Not quite as comprehensive as Downunder Horsemanship, but it does fill a lot of gaps. I also love that every section begins with a problem Clinton experienced. That makes you feel better about your own horse mishaps.
Becky Norman
As a long-time follower of Clinton Anderson's Down Under Horsemanship horse-training method, I'd heard a lot of the stories / lessons that are addressed in this book. He mentions them frequently on tour stops and on his television program(s). I, personally, was hoping for a little more insight about the man and his reaction to certain horses he's come along in his career - I still want to know what his worst were; which ones taught him the most; his worst wrecks; etc. and I didn't get the answer ...more
Grace
This is a must read for anyone who wants to establish a good, respectful, trustful relationship with their horse. Wether or not you are a horse trainer, and wether you know it or not, every time you interact with your horse you are training it, either for good or ill. Clinton tells about how circumstances in his horse training career have helped him to create a foolproof method for training any horse, and fixing any vice. I definitely give this book 5 stars.
Michael Berkompas
Clinton is a really interesting guy that I have a lot in common with. His explanations are crystal clear and to the point.
Nicky Morris
Sep 02, 2013 Nicky Morris rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves horses
My favorite trainer did it again! Excellent book.
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Jodi A Bergstrom
Jodi A Bergstrom marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Marwa
Marwa marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Macie
Macie marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Tyssa
Tyssa marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Bilyana
Bilyana marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Emily Witczak
Emily Witczak marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Clinton Anderson's Downunder Horsemanship: Establishing Respect And Control For English And Western Riders Clinton Anderson Philosophy Training on the Trail: Practical Solutions for Trail Riding Clinton Anderson's Lessons Well Learned: Why My Method Works for Any Horse Gaining Respect & Control on the Ground DVD Series 2 Clinton Anderson Downunder Horsemanship Horse Training