Start by marking “Face to Face with Penguins” as Want to Read:
Face to Face with Penguins

Face to Face with Penguins

You’re on the South Georgia Islands, a remote, icy place, with nobody around for miles and miles—except several thousand penguin friends, that is. Stunning photographs by Yva Momatiuk and John Eastcott lead you into a mass of birds as they waddle across rock and sand, so clumsy on land, so graceful in the sea. Learn of the nesting habits, diet, family and social lives of ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Face to Face with Penguins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face to Face with Penguins

Brenda Kimble
Nov 15, 2013 Brenda Kimble rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ch-02-nsta
Excellent book the author did a wonderful job of describing the life of penguin. It covered many different types of penguins and where they live. The author talked about how strong penguins are and what they have to endure. I really enjoyed this book because of the real life illustrations of the birds. When I saw that it was part of the National Geographic collection I knew it would be very detailed and interesting. Until I read this book I never really realized how different penguins are from ...more
Kayla
Dec 08, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing
** this is an informational book about penguins. i would use face to face with penguins in a science class. it is a great book to teach kids about penguins and how penguins live and where they live.

i love that this book tells you everything that you want to know about penguins. its very informative and a great book for someone in the 4th grade to read if they have a project to do on penguins or if the just love penguins like me.
Brenda Kahn
Purchased this to fill a hole in the collection. The photographs are, as usual for a Nat Geo publication, are gorgeous. The narrative is quite personal and fairly engaging. But one chapter switches to second person, which I personally don't care for. There are chapters tailored for the report writer and information about what the reader can do to learn more. A nice addition.
Ciera
Oct 08, 2013 Ciera rated it liked it
Shelves: ch-02-nsta
A nice way to share information about penguins. I love penguins, so I really enjoyed reading this book myself. It gave specific details like what they do during the day, their diet, and what they look like. This book is a good read for anyone, especially animal lovers. Young readers may enjoy looking at the pictures, but can also learn a thing or two about the animal.
Kelsey Nauert
Oct 31, 2011 Kelsey Nauert rated it it was amazing
This is an informational book on penguins. Can talk about different aspects of the penguins lives (their habitat, their diet, etc.) Great for students of all ages.
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2010
Michelle Gray
Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Olivia Morse
Olivia Morse rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
katsok
katsok rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Lindsay Michael
Lindsay Michael rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2014
Colby Sharp
Colby Sharp rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2013
Kendra
Kendra rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2016
Darlene Dion
Darlene Dion rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Lauren Westerberg
Lauren Westerberg rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Jennifer Rummel
Jennifer Rummel rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Nov 17, 2012
Susan Kennedy
Susan Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Justin
Justin added it
Feb 03, 2013
Kim
Kim added it
Jul 20, 2013
Lauren Birch
Lauren Birch marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Ernesto Perales
Ernesto Perales marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Mam
Mam marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015