Invisible Kids: Marcus Fiesel's Legacy: One Short Life, One Terrible Death and 12 Things YOU Can Do to Improve the Lives of Foster Children

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The real story on foster care and real solutions for making it better. When Marcus Fiesel's story of torture, abandonment, and a slow, agonizing death came to light, it was not exactly news to Holly Schlaack. She was an insider in the foster care system and Marcus's horrible experience was just an extreme example of how she knew the system could fail. Happily, Holly had al...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Advocacy Publishing

864cw
Great quote by Holly Schlaack: Parenting well is a task we struggle with in our own families everyday. Did we really think the government would parent these vulnerable children with any success? The reality is that answers don't exist in the system. They exist in EACH of us. The beauty of our diversity is that we all excel at something. We all have something to offer the world and to these children who need us. We can't all do everything but we can all do SOMETHING.
Karen
Hard to read the first half. A great insider look into foster care. Ends with hope. A must read to understand about the lost children in our cities!
Julie
Great book! Very touching! Highly recommend this book and not just because Holly is my friend! Holly truly is an amazing person and is a great author and advocate for children!
Brittany
I have known since I was little that I wanted to be a Foster parent. This book is defiantly a something all aspiring foster parents should read.
Holly Campbell
Holly Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Laura Rattan
Laura Rattan marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Faith
Faith added it
Nov 01, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Danielle Dail
Danielle Dail marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Karmen
Karmen marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Maaike
Maaike marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Fay
Fay marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
Keren Threlfall
Keren Threlfall marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2011
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2010
Invisible Kids Marcus Fiesel's Legacy Invisible Kids Marcus Fiesel's Legacy: 12 Ways You Can Save a Child's Life