Start by marking “Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)

Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  736 ratings  ·  36 reviews
After centuries of conflict, a peace treaty has finally been drawn between the warring Saxons and Norse — largely due to the wisdom and bravery of the legendary Viking leader Wolf Hakonson and the noble warrior Lord Hawk.

Hawk and Wolf each married women from warring clans to unite the Saxons and Norse. But for all its blessings, the promise of peace will remain fragile —
Published October 30th 2001 by Bantam (first published 2001)

Fires of Winter by Johanna LindseyHearts Aflame by Johanna LindseySurrender My Love by Johanna LindseyDream of Me/Believe in Me by Josie LittonCome Back to Me by Josie Litton
Best Viking Romances
5th out of 88 books — 136 voters
The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
112th out of 396 books — 740 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 14, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with Lisa, Lori and Leea

I'm happy and sad to see this trilogy come to and end. The happy comes from me feeling like this trilogy went as far as it's going to go and I'm glad that I won't feel pressure to have to read on. The sad comes from realizing that there will be no more Vikings to read about. I guess I get to go feed my obsession by trying out some other authors who are writing about Vikings.

Many felt like the third book in the trilogy was the weakest, but since I wasn't able to finish the second book, I guess I'
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️
2.5 Stars
I don't know why, but it just didn't hold my interest...I found the ending to be kind of lackluster also.
Do romance heroines ever NOT tremble?
its been a few years since ive read dream of me/believe in me by josie litton, but from what i remember, the style of writing in here doesnt sound like it did it those books.
the part about her older brothers beating her and her twin sounds unrealistic.
"bat out of hell" & "dog tired" is rlly modern to be n this bk.
"her unruly self needs must be silenced."
"eyes that looked like shards of half-buried gold." wut exactly duz that look like?
i already knew dragon was a hounddog,so i just waited for
This is the third book in this series (and I think it is probably the last book in the series). The first two followed Wolf (a Viking lord) and Hawk (a Saxon lord) as they meet, marry and woe their brides (in that order). This book follows Wolf’s brother, Dragon (another Viking lord) and his bride Rycca (a Saxon lady). These marriages were designed to bring peace between the Norse and Saxon’s.

Like the other two marriages, it doesn’t start off well. Rycca is running away from her family and the m
This is the book that started it all for me! I bought it in a book store not realizing what I had picked up. I simply read the summary on the back and thought I would give it a try. Oh my goodness, was I in for a shock! Although it is the last in a the series, it was the first one I read.

The book is amazing!!! It has mystery, romance, and comedy. There were times I had to start laughing and then caught myself because I was on the bus. Then there were times when my face turned beet red (shocking

4 1/2 stars! This 3rd book in the trilogy wrapped the series up nicely.

Dragon and Rycca were a great couple, two strong characters who sizzled when they were with each other. I love that they went back to Dragon's homeland and we got some time with Wolf and Cymbra from Dream of Me. The whole Viking theme was new for me and it was very enjoyable. These boys really liked their sauna and when they spent time in there with their created a whole different kind of heat! Good times!
To be honest, the heroin irked me a bit. But it is forgotten once I finished the book as I closed it with a happy sigh, wishing that I can live like those characters. Nice story telling, and everything. I just wished that Dragon be a little more rogue like he was in the previous two books. Not that I'm complaining but somehow he lost a little of his charming here. Still a very nice book tho.
OMFreakingG!!!! LOOOVED IT!!! SUCH LOVE.......I envy all ye who are yet to experience this book!!! Loved it Loved it Loved it!!! can't say that enough!!! WOW!
Regan Walker
An Independent Saxon Woman and a Powerful Norse Warrior wrap up the Viking trilogy

This is book 3 in Litton’s Viking trilogy—a saga of two Viking lords and one Saxon lord who must make marriages to bring peace between the Norse and King Alfred of Essex. In each case, the bride they get comes with a special gift, a gift of feeling, of calling and truth telling. This latter aspect, to me, gave the stories a more whimsical feel that is not characteristic of your classic Viking saga, but it seemed to
Dragon should have had a better story. Still liked the series,overall.
Sandra Lake
If you hold my hand to the flame and force me to pick a Litton favourite, then 'Come Back to Me' would be it. I have reread this story more times than I remember. Recently I purchased a new hot steamy romance to take on vacation (I do not believe in cruel reviews so I will omit the name--the cover looked promising), anyway, I chucked it after the first few chapters and I was quite ticked off about it, so I clicked on my kindle and reread Come Back to Me and all was well in the world again.

Andrea Hussey
Rycca was dum. He grabs her&shes gaspin&fightin pain, showin signs of weakness that Im sik of. its wen he called her a fool&shes admirin his voice&looks&thinkin hes the most handsum man shes evr seen that I got mad. &she kiks him&then hesitated, “batlin the suden, ovrwhelmin need 2 help him.” I felt like throwin the bk down.

By the length of his stride, he had run as fast as a bat out of hell..
Idt they had that expression.

The small sak of food she had car
Jane Mercer
Not bad, of the Viking and Saxon trilogy my favourite was the first. I really didn't like the second and this the last one was entertaining. All three involve arranged marriages to forge a peace between the Norse vikings and the Saxon king Alfred.
Some of the descriptive language was a bit to modern and the obvious 'bad guys' but enjoyable all the same.
Rycca is running away from a marriage arranged by an abusive father she runs into Dragon's arms only to find he's the arranged match. (what are th
I've never been fond of book series' but,somehow, I was able to finish all 3 books quite easily and, more surprisingly, I'm sad to have this trilogy end. The second book I believe is the weakest among them but still tolerable. In fact [I'm sure some of you are bound to disagree], Hawk is my favorite hero in the trilogy! Hahaha :D I liked his angst :P

Dragon's story had a really interesting start but after they wed I kinda felt that the story waned from there but all in all I have to give praise t
The heroine has a skilled ability to tell whether any of other's words is true, like the other heroines in previous 2 books. And the story itself was ok, the writing is beautiful and I adored Dragon in Dream of Me, but it just appeared uninteresting to me, maybe I hang around this series too long to enjoy it.
I absolutely love Josie Litton. The Viking & Saxon books are fantastic, and i haven't been able to put them down since i started reading. I can't wait to start reading her other books now that i have found them.
I don't know what it is about this trilogy, but I just couldn't feel connected to any of these heroines... or the stories either as a matter of fact. they are not bad but they will not be going on my favorite/reread lists.
enjoyed all these books- felt that the two characters could've had a better story in this last book! however, i really enjoyed the triology, heart warming, made me believe in romance & made me wish i was Saxon/Norse!!! if you love romance stories, read these three books! first two slightly more exciting - felt this last book was rushed and too compressed- still a good read! devoured all three books in 12 days!
This was my favorite of the three:)
It was a great story on it's onw, but for me not so great as conclusion for a trilogy. In the beginning I didnt like Rycca that much, she does something and she blames Dragon for it. Well girl maybe you should have been watching where you were going! And the romance was to soon.
For me "Dream of me" is still the best of the trilogy.
Danette Steward
(deep sigh). The 3rd and final book of this series by Litton was just as AMAZING as the first two. Who can resist alpha males with names like Wolf, Hawk, and Dragon? I recommend reading in order to get the full affect. Just be prepared to be glued to the pages... Caution: Hot.
This was the perfect way to end the trilogy. I love Josie Litton's writing style and how she brings in history, romance, and Norse mythology into a perfect novel!! I have read her books more times than I can count and will continue to!
Lucie "a heart so wild"
I love Viking!
The beginning is breath taking...but after only a few pages, it degrading, into really drag story. Good to finish but definitely not to re-read again. For me, One is enough from Josie Litton.
A light sweet novel that is a quick read. A fantasy, a story that takes you away from daily reality and reminds you of the sweetness of love & how the most important things in life are truly FREE!
stella yip
This is the first book I have read from thid author. The story plot is well arrange and the whole Viking concept is also intrigiuing. Overall,
I enjoy reading this book.
Frances Fuller
If the phrase "Saw the sheen of tears in her Viking's eyes" does it for you, this is your book, unfortunately, not mine.
Paula G.
After finishing the third and last book, I realized that peace and love were the central theme of the trilogy:}
  • Danegeld
  • Viking!
  • The Bewitched Viking (Wink & A Kiss , #1) (Viking  I, #4)
  • Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)
  • Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • The Enchantment
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking, #3)
  • Forbidden (Medieval Series #2)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
Josie Litton is the author of several NY Times and USA Today bestselling romances.

After taking time off to raise a family and get a master’s degree, she is delighted to be writing again. Inspired by the story of “Sleeping Beauty”, her new erotic romance, ANEW: Book One: Awakened was published on January 12, 2015. Book Two in the ANEW trilogy will be available on March 16, 2015. Book Three is comin
More about Josie Litton...

Viking & Saxon (3 books)
  • Dream of Me
  • Believe in Me
Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2) Dream Island (Akora, #1) Castles in the Mist (Akora, #3) Kingdom Of Moonlight (Akora, #2) Dream of Me

“Utterly still,all but invisible against the wall of the stable, the Dragon kept watch over his Saxon bride.” 6 likes
“Lord,I love you truly with all my heart. Every moment with you is precious to me but I would give up even that if it meant peace between our peoples. Nothing else can be allowed to matter so much as that."
Dragon did not reply. He was staring at her very oddly. Of the others, she had no awareness at all. Only he existed for her just then.She felt as though there was no ground beneath her but this time instead of falling as she had off the cliff, she soared frantically, desperately,not knowing if at any moment gravity might reclaim her but soaring all the same.
"What did you say?" he demanded.
"Nothing else can be allowed to matter so much as the peace between our peoples! I understand full well how angry you are. The insult done you was profound,but I beg you,think of what you do.Do you go against my father,he wins!"
Slowly,Dragon shook his head as though trying to clear it. His gaze locked on Rycca's like a man holding fast to the rudder in a mighty storm. A dull flush crept over his high-boned cheeks. "Insult? You think I want to kill your father because he insulted me? For pity's sake, woman, I damn near lost you! Don't you have any idea what that means to me?"
Her eyes widened, never leaving him as he stalked across the stone floor of the Saxon's king's great hall and took firm hold of her by her shoulders. He dragged her up against him even as he near yelled, "Dammit to hell, woman, I love you! What care I for insults? Nothing matters to me save keeping you safe and-"
"Love?" Rycca repeated in a daze.
"Loki take you, lady, you are not the easiet woman in the world to get along with, you know! You are strong, spirited, stubborn, not a meek bone in your body! Your body...Never mind that, the point is you have stolen into my heart and I lack any will to get you out, so do not dare you think of dying! I absolutely forbid it! Did you say you love me?"
Oh,my,Rycca thought, she truly did have wings after all.Strong, sturdy wings that would carry her as high as she wanted to climb. And that was very high indeed.
A smile crept over her clear to her toes.She cupped her husband's face between her hands and took his mouth with hers.Well and thoroughly did she kiss him right there in front of everyone. That took some time, and when she was done she was rather breathless. Yet she managed to say, "I love you, lord.More than life,more even than freedom.You are dearest to me above all."
And for just a moment, there in the hall of the king,Rycca of Landsende saw the sheen of tears in her Viking's eyes.”