Start by marking “Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Beloved Food Network personality, restaurateur, and author Paula Deen loves a party, and in her latest book, Paula Deen Celebrates!, Paula shares with fans old and new how she celebrates a year's worth of holidays and special occasions.

Now anyone can share in the down-home celebrations Paula, her husband, Michael, their kids, and extended family enjoy at their beautiful ho
Published October 10th 2006 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Paula Deen Celebrates!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paula Deen Celebrates!

Liz
Oct 06, 2008 Liz rated it did not like it
Recommended to Liz by: amazon, those bastards!
Shelves: cookbooks
There is so much nasty stuff in here!! The crab and spinach casserole was disgusting (and expensive). So much of this food is ridiculously impractical, at least for me (oyster-stuffed quail, oxtails), over-the-top-fatty (whipping-cream grits, creamy cabbage with bacon and whipping cream, sausage casserole, peanut butter ice cream, and KRISPY KREME bread pudding!) or gimmicky (a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich to celebrate Elvis's birthday.)

Generally, Paul Deen goes overboard dumping cans
Amy "the book-bat"
May 21, 2011 Amy "the book-bat" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This cookbook is set up by menu for each celebration. The basics are here, starting with New Year's and including Valentine's Day and Christmas, but there are some a little less typical, such as Elvis's birthday. The recipes seem to be easy to make and most of the dishes sound pretty good. I think this will be a fun book to cook out of. I like how Paula included her "Pearls of Wisdom" for each menu and how there are also decorating tips from her assistant throughout the book.
Melanie
Aug 09, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it
I think it's difficult to accurately rate a cookbook...because I am the pickiest eater in the world, I wouldn't eat many of her recipes, but I am definitely NOT the best judge. Everything she makes on her show looks REALLY good, even if I don't like what's in it. All in all, I think Paula Deen is awesome, and I love her cookbooks.
Mychael-Ann
Nov 17, 2008 Mychael-Ann rated it really liked it
This is the second Paula Deen cookbook I've found - I'm addicted to used book sales! I love her recipes. They aren't the good-for-you recipes to make everyday, but when you want some REAL comfort food, this is your woman.
Amy
Aug 02, 2007 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: cookingstuff
Haven't used this one as much as my other PD cookbooks... but maybe that will change. Lots of recipes that sound good and fattening... but just no occasion to use most yet...
Vanessa
Jun 04, 2008 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: folks who like to eat and cook
My friend Cassie bought this for my birthday and I LOVE it. Paula Deen looks like my mother-in-law too.
Terrie
Dec 04, 2015 Terrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Love looking for ideas for holiday and special occasion meals. Being from Georgia always looking for great southern food.
Amy :)
Nov 15, 2011 Amy :) rated it really liked it
Great easy to follow recipes. Loved the stories behind all of the celebrations. Made the enchiladas and green chile squares- yummy!
Kymberly
Jul 01, 2013 Kymberly rated it it was amazing
I love this book and cannot wait to make more meals with these recipes! Having a barbeque this weekend and going to use a few of these! I love me some Paula Deen!!
Rita
Jul 27, 2012 Rita rated it it was amazing
always a celebration with Paul's. I don't fret about butter or calories when it comes to holidays so this book is perfect!
Shirley
Nov 25, 2012 Shirley rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, 2012
Like most cookbooks I found a few recipes that I will make and love. Wishing there had been more for my kind of enjoyment.
Yvonna
Jul 19, 2014 Yvonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Deen's recipes are always comforting, and the celebrations concept of this cookbook make it more interesting.
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015
Karen Hansen
Karen Hansen rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Melissa A. May
Melissa A. May rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Lubna Niazi
Lubna Niazi rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Docshorty9zoominternet.net
Docshorty9zoominternet.net rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
Cassie Vanosten
Cassie Vanosten rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Heather Blood
Heather Blood rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2008
Liz rubbo
Liz rubbo rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2009
Deanna M
Deanna M rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2009
Taquisha Joyner-stokes
Taquisha Joyner-stokes rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2009
Dana Burns
Dana Burns rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2008
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Comfort Table
  • Louisiana Real and Rustic
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Eas
  • Food Network Favorites
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners
  • Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • What Can I Bring? Cookbook (Cake Mix Doctor)
  • Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
Paula Deen (born Paula Ann Hiers) is an American cook, restaurateur, author, actress and Emmy Award-winning television personality.

Deen resides in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has also published five cookbooks. Though married in 2004 to Michael Anthony Groover, she continues to use the surname Deen from her f
More about Paula H. Deen...