Start by marking “Satan's Children” as Want to Read:
Satan's Children

Satan's Children

Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Published October 28th 1992 by Avon Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Satan's Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satan's Children

Jan 29, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
I am on the fence about this one. I do need to keep in mind that it was published in 1991 so at the time there was so little information on MPD and Ritual Abuse. This book was very disturbing to read at times and I caught myself several times being very skeptical about what I was reading. I also felt as if the Dr. was naive-but once again, little was known at that time.

I also recognized some things that I have been through or am going through also. (Nothing as serious as these patients though)..
Mar 26, 2009 Kim rated it it was ok
Hey everybody! Did you know that if you have problems and can't remember certain periods of your childhood, you might very well have been ritually abused in a satanic cult and developed multiple personalities to cope with the experience? And there is a good chance that the people in the cult deliberately created at least one of those personalities that would keep you from betraying them! It's true!!!!!!!!!!
♥ Marlene♥
At first I thought it to be interesting but after a while it started to get laughable. This shrink is lucky. He just wrote a book about multiple personality disorder and then 5 different people come in his practice and he discovered they were all abused by satanist as a child and are all suffering from MPD.
I looked on the Internet to find more about this subject and there are some interesting sites about ritual abuse and multiple personality disorder. They've never find a shrink of evidence that
Interesting, but ultimately a shrink-bashing classic and a wonderful relic of the Satanic Panic of the 1980s and 1990s. The author has people with multiple personalities practically lined up outside his door waiting to tell him they are victims of Satanic ritual abuse. Happily, he cures them all in a jiffy.
Jan 16, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012 Gay rated it did not like it
While editing my Good Reads list of books read, I found that I had not rated nor written a review of this book. I have no recollection of this book at all...I must not have found it very good.. so I am giving it a low rating now that I am posting a rating two years after the fact.
Jul 18, 2009 Josh rated it really liked it
Bit of a pulpy read, but god it's so good. If you're as interested by the spread of early '90s Satanic ritual child abuse false memories as I am, you'll love this!
Katlyn marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Jordan added it
Oct 22, 2016
Deanne F
Deanne F rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
James marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Clara is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2016
Justin added it
Feb 04, 2016
Sam added it
Jan 03, 2016
Osiris Oliphant
Osiris Oliphant marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Selah rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Amber Villalobos
Amber Villalobos marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Jon White
Jon White marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Destiny Freeman
Destiny Freeman marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Lisette rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2015
Hari Murti
Hari Murti marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Michelle Smith
Michelle Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Yayie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jamelia marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014