Start by marking “Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter: 4 Laugh-Out-Loud Stories! (Horrid Henry)” as Want to Read:
Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter: 4 Laugh-Out-Loud Stories! (Horrid Henry)

Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter: 4 Laugh-Out-Loud Stories! (Horrid Henry)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
DISCOVER THE SERIES BOYS AND GIRLS AROUND THE WORLD LOVE TO READ!

Horrid Henry encounters the worst babysitter in the world; traumatizes his parents on a long car trip; goes trick-or-treating at Halloween (with disastrous results); and emerges victorious from a raid on Moody Margaret's Secret Club.

Francesca Simon is one of the world's best-loved children's authors. She is t
Published September 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter

Ursula Clancy
Apr 10, 2014 Ursula Clancy rated it liked it
Something I love is that when they turned these books into cartoon they were spot on. Simply perfect and I loved them- I was so addicted to them I watched 3 hours of them in one go!
Mary Ann
Oct 10, 2009 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd, humor, halloween, boys, 1st, 2nd
Horrid Henry is up to his tricks again, trying to boss his little brother around, terrify babysitters and plan sneak attacks on neighborhood girls. My daughters and I had great fun reading this book aloud. In the first chapter, Horrid Henry is excited to go out on Halloween. "Every year, Horrid Henry could not believe it: an entire day devoted to stuffing your face with candy and playing horrid tricks." He has the perfect scary costume, but then he realizes he's expected to take his little broth ...more
Cindy Hudson
Jan 08, 2010 Cindy Hudson rated it really liked it
Horrid Henry is always trying to get out of things: going to school, eating vegetables, writing thank you notes for gifts, a baby’s baptism... He also spends a lot of energy coming up with schemes that he thinks will help him get his way. And often he’s pitted against his younger brother, Perfect Peter, who is everything a parent could love in a child that Henry is not.

The series of books that has Horrid Henry trying out one scheme after another is really funny for beginning readers. Three new a
Charlie
Jan 11, 2014 Charlie rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Francesca Simon because I love her Horrid Henry books! Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter is one of my favorites because she uses funny and fun words to make everyone laugh. This book is also great because there are children who want to read a chapter book but they can't because they are not ready to read all of 1000 (well I think all 1000) but "Horrid Henry" is a great chapter book for YOUNG and OLD children to read. Now since the review is a certain book, Horrid Henry and th ...more
Megan
Oct 17, 2009 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
I had heard great things about the Horrid Henry series, but I was disappointed. Henry is just as Horrid as his name suggests, and his brother, Perfect Peter, is the complete opposite. They are the British version of Goofus and Gallant. Henry's horridness was never punished in any way and he never showed any remorse for his horrid deeds. Peter's perfectness was just annoying. Now I don't believe that children's books need to teach kids lessons, but every book needs at least one character you can ...more
LeeAnn
Mar 12, 2015 LeeAnn rated it liked it
Quick, fun read. I certainly get why kids love these. This one was one of the keepers. It seems I either love the books in this series or despise them. I think my favorite story in this particular installment was the road trip! Definitely laugh-out-loud worthy!
Kimberly Larreta
Jan 25, 2016 Kimberly Larreta rated it liked it
This book was about a boy who always fights with everyone. He even got rid of a babysitter. You want to know why well because he hates babysitters. I would recommend this book to all the people who like books about fighting with everyone or getting rid of people.
zaju
Aug 25, 2011 zaju rated it it was ok
Maggie
Jan 18, 2010 Maggie rated it it was amazing
I would NEVER want to be a babysitter for Horrid Henry. And I mean NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!
Emily
Jan 26, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
I liked how cunning he was in how he scared away the babysitter.
Abdullah
great but needs to be better
Diana Haron
Diana Haron rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Swaminathan TK
Swaminathan TK rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Ama Mensah
Ama Mensah marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Prashil Chauhan
Prashil Chauhan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Prashil Chauhan
Prashil Chauhan marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Keval
Keval marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
H A
H A rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2016
Linnea
Linnea rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Kumar Subramaniam
Kumar Subramaniam rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Artemis Begins: A Story from Guys Read: Funny Business
  • Just Jake (Just Jake, #1)
  • Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)
  • Mr. Birthday
  • Vampire Boy's Good Night
  • Star Wars: Journey Through Space
  • Star Wars: R2-D2 and Friends
  • Trouble Magnet (George Brown, Class Clown, #2)
  • April Fool's Day (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #19)
  • Soup & Me
  • Stealing Air
  • The Flat Stanley Collection: Stanley, Flat Again!/Invisible Stanley/Stanley in Space/Flat Stanley
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • The Peculiar Pumpkin Thief (Geronimo Stilton)
  • Say What?
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • The Hoboken Chicken Emergency
Francesca Simon was born in St Louis, Missouri, grew up in California, and attended both Yale and Oxford Universities, where she specialised in Medieval Studies. How this prepared her to write children’s books she cannot imagine, but it did give her a thorough grounding in alliteration.

She then threw away a lucrative career as a medievalist and worked as a freelance journalist, writing for the Sun
More about Francesca Simon...