Start by marking “Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #20)” as Want to Read:
Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #20)

Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #20)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #42: A Good Night for Ghosts,they had lots of questions. What are some of the most famous ghost stories? Why do people believe in ghosts? Do most cultures have ghost stories? What are ghost hunte
Published July 28th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts

Michael
It is always great to get a kid hooked on a series, but so much better to hook them on a series that has both fiction and nonfiction books. We don't give nonfiction enough credit, nor do we honor the fact that so many boys want to connect their reading with real life. Well, in this case it is real death in the form of real ghost stories, highly illustrated and quickly told. Great for those kids already addicted to the series, and a grand introduction for those who aren't. ...more
Karen
Strange to read a non-fiction book about ghosts! Especially for a 3 year old that has not had time to form opinions about ghosts.

It basically shares a lot of stories about ghosts, and what people commonly recognize as signs of ghosts. It does not state conclusively that there are or are not ghosts, but leaves that up to your own thinking.

Well done I would say for the audience it is written for.
Alison Durbin
I really enjoyed reading this book. It seems like I have always had a fascination with the paranormal, so this book was right up my alley. I would say that this book appeals more to older elementary kids because it is a little longer than some of the other Magic Tree House books; however, discretion is advised because there are some violent backstories behind many ghost stories- as would be expected. I can see myself having this book in my classroom because there will always be that one kid who ...more
Elise
This books tells about famous ghosts that have been reported all over the world--New Orleans, Washington D.C., Europe and more. After reading this book, you will have to decide if you think ghosts are real or not!
Dolly
Feb 06, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting non-fiction book for children about ghosts and a few areas around the world which are purported to be haunted. The narrative does not make claims about the actual existence of ghosts, but tells about ghost sightings and the scientific rationalizations that might explain the appearances. We've read all of the books in the Magic Tree House series thus far and now we are catching up with the Research Guides. We've read several of them, but have many more to read.
Angie
Nick and I enjoyed reading it.
Samantha Penrose
Great job keeping this interesting, but not too scary.
The best parts are the section titled, Spooky Great Britain, and the suggestions for continued research (found at the end of the book). Great tips how to go about researching topics in general, plus suggested reading, educational videos, websites, and a short list of pertinent landmarks and museums.
Angela
Well, I say that this book is great for telling me what people thought of Ghosts. Steve told me a little about this book after he read it. He said that the White house is haunted. I enjoyed learning about ghosts and reading some of the ghost stories they told. I really liked it. It was awsome. Great!
Steve
I really like this book because of all the place it tells about were ghosts are sapost to hornt. I really liked reading about how the with house is sapos to be honted. I liked reading about all the really fames ghosts. I liked reading about the sroer at the begening of the book.
Lindsey
This was kind of creepy at some points but the creepy made it interesting. After reading this I believe in ghosts because it tells a lot of true stories about ghosts. I recommend this to people who want facts about ghosts.
Sydney
people use nightlights because they are afraid of ghosts.
Sydney
when a african american died.people say that the african aerican had powers.they say she can summon spirits and make magic potions.in the cemetry people say that she shows up in the form of a crow or a black dog.
Christina
My 9 year old enjoys the magic tree house series both the stories and non-fiction companions. However, he had trouble feeling engaged in this one (as did I).
Alissa
At first I was scared to read it because I was scared of ghosts but then I read it and it was so fake now I'm not scared of ghosts! so I like it.
Kache
this book is very fun to read.i know its a kid book , but i just like to read. it tells about many different ghosts. it is very interesting .
Emily
this is very interesting. in some parts it gets really scary but in others it is very odd and funny.
Gray
It teaches you about ghosts. I really liked this. My mom went to two libraries to find this for me.
Theresa
research and information that was used to provide the tree house stories
Rhonda Fazio
!!!'!!!!!! I love Magic Treehouse! Some are things I love to know about! :D!
Joe
Boring Information. A pre-school to baby level.
Payton
There are lots of stories about ghosts.
PWRL
Jul 05, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Tiffany Hohmann
Tiffany Hohmann marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Roman Gladiator! (You Wouldn't Want To)
  • The Genie King (Secrets of Droon Special Edition, #7)
  • Jim Thorpe, Original All-American
  • Fireboat: The Heroic Adventures of the John J. Harvey
  • America Is Under Attack: September 11, 2001: The Day the Towers Fell
  • Almost to Freedom
  • 1621: A New Look at Thanksgiving
  • Ghostbread
  • Music Was It: Young Leonard Bernstein
  • Who Has What?: All About Girls' Bodies and Boys' Bodies
  • Open Wide (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #23)
  • The Peculiar Pumpkin Thief (Geronimo Stilton)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Ghost of the Forest
  • Rat Island: Predators in Paradise and the World's Greatest Wildlife Rescue
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • The Ghost of Sir Herbert Dungeonstone (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #12)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)