Start by marking “Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #20)” as Want to Read:
Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #20)

Ghosts (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure in Magic Tree House #42: A Good Night for Ghosts, they had lots of questions. What are some of the most famous ghost stories? Why do people believe in ghosts? Do most cultures have ghost stories? What are ghost hu
Published July 28th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts

Karen
Strange to read a non-fiction book about ghosts! Especially for a 3 year old that has not had time to form opinions about ghosts.

It basically shares a lot of stories about ghosts, and what people commonly recognize as signs of ghosts. It does not state conclusively that there are or are not ghosts, but leaves that up to your own thinking.

Well done I would say for the audience it is written for.
Michael
It is always great to get a kid hooked on a series, but so much better to hook them on a series that has both fiction and nonfiction books. We don't give nonfiction enough credit, nor do we honor the fact that so many boys want to connect their reading with real life. Well, in this case it is real death in the form of real ghost stories, highly illustrated and quickly told. Great for those kids already addicted to the series, and a grand introduction for those who aren't.
Dolly
Jan 17, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting non-fiction book for children about ghosts and a few areas around the world which are purported to be haunted. The narrative does not make claims about the actual existence of ghosts, but tells about ghost sightings and the scientific rationalizations that might explain the appearances. We've read all of the books in the Magic Tree House series thus far and now we are catching up with the Research Guides. We've read several of them, but have many more to read.
Melissa Maillet
Jul 19, 2016 Melissa Maillet rated it really liked it
What an interesting read with my children! I've never seen a children's book of ghost stories presented in a non-fiction format before. Exploring the lore of ghost stories around the world was very exciting for the kids and we added locations on our ever-growing list of places we would love to explore. Even if you are not following the Magic Tree House series with your kids, this book is worth picking up. It stands strong on its own.
Angela
Mar 02, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I say that this book is great for telling me what people thought of Ghosts. Steve told me a little about this book after he read it. He said that the White house is haunted. I enjoyed learning about ghosts and reading some of the ghost stories they told. I really liked it. It was awsome. Great!
Andrea Labonte
Mar 05, 2013 Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Awesome book.
Christina
Jun 22, 2011 Christina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
My 9 year old enjoys the magic tree house series both the stories and non-fiction companions. However, he had trouble feeling engaged in this one (as did I).
Sydney
Jan 06, 2014 Sydney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
people use nightlights because they are afraid of ghosts.
Emily
Oct 24, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is very interesting. in some parts it gets really scary but in others it is very odd and funny.
Gabby
Dec 16, 2015 Gabby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's safe to say that I like the research guides 10x better than the actual books.
Rhonda Fazio
Jun 04, 2013 Rhonda Fazio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
!!!'!!!!!! I love Magic Treehouse! Some are things I love to know about! :D!
Mas5thgrade2011
kinda scary
Alison Durbin
Apr 22, 2015 Alison Durbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
I really enjoyed reading this book. It seems like I have always had a fascination with the paranormal, so this book was right up my alley. I would say that this book appeals more to older elementary kids because it is a little longer than some of the other Magic Tree House books; however, discretion is advised because there are some violent backstories behind many ghost stories- as would be expected. I can see myself having this book in my classroom because there will always be that one kid who ...more
Samantha Penrose
Great job keeping this interesting, but not too scary.
The best parts are the section titled, Spooky Great Britain, and the suggestions for continued research (found at the end of the book). Great tips how to go about researching topics in general, plus suggested reading, educational videos, websites, and a short list of pertinent landmarks and museums.
Reagan
Jan 25, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Tis book is from A Good Night For Ghosts. There a lot of facts about ghosts in this book. This book makes me feel creeped out. After I read this book, I was afraid to go upstairs, or in the basement alone because I felt like I was being watched and going to be attacked.
I don't know if ghosts are actually real. I wonder if they are.
I really like this book, although it is creepy.
Elise
This books tells about famous ghosts that have been reported all over the world--New Orleans, Washington D.C., Europe and more. After reading this book, you will have to decide if you think ghosts are real or not!
Sydney
Dec 02, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
when a african american died.people say that the african aerican had powers.they say she can summon spirits and make magic potions.in the cemetry people say that she shows up in the form of a crow or a black dog.
Lindsey
Apr 22, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was kind of creepy at some points but the creepy made it interesting. After reading this I believe in ghosts because it tells a lot of true stories about ghosts. I recommend this to people who want facts about ghosts.
Meghan Hunt
Jun 27, 2016 Meghan Hunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave this book a much lower rating. I thought it was the research companion to the book "Ghost Town at Sundown" and I was really confused about why it only covered ghosts and not anything about the Wild West. Now that I know it's the companion to a different book I feel relieved.
Steve
Feb 20, 2010 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book because of all the place it tells about were ghosts are sapost to hornt. I really liked reading about how the with house is sapos to be honted. I liked reading about all the really fames ghosts. I liked reading about the sroer at the begening of the book.
Chrystal Phillips
Ghost stories have entertained thousands through the ages, and still continue to mystify us today. The author has shared several different stories of ghost sightings and legends from around the world. It was fun to get some ideas for our next campfire night!
Sophie
Mar 10, 2016 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a special place in my heart. I was about 7 when I read it, and I still love it to this day. It introduced me to the curious idea of paranormal in a way that I understood back then. I own a copy of this, and the pages are yellow and worn, but I loved every word.
Angie
Feb 23, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick and I enjoyed reading it.
Joe
Sep 07, 2009 Joe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring Information. A pre-school to baby level.
Marya
Sep 19, 2016 Marya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-series
Despite the subject matter, I didn't find this book all that scary. Of course, the little one disagreed...around 4 am. Arg!
Alissa
Feb 12, 2010 Alissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I was scared to read it because I was scared of ghosts but then I read it and it was so fake now I'm not scared of ghosts! so I like it.
Kache
Sep 02, 2011 Kache rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is very fun to read.i know its a kid book , but i just like to read. it tells about many different ghosts. it is very interesting .
Theresa
Apr 27, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
research and information that was used to provide the tree house stories
Payton
Dec 04, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are lots of stories about ghosts.
Gray
Jul 21, 2011 Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It teaches you about ghosts. I really liked this. My mom went to two libraries to find this for me.
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Almost to Freedom
  • 1621: A New Look at Thanksgiving
  • Ready, Set, Snow! (Ready Freddy!, #16)
  • The Genie King (Secrets of Droon Special Edition, #7)
  • Fireboat: The Heroic Adventures of the John J. Harvey
  • March On!: The Day My Brother Martin Changed the World
  • America Is Under Attack: September 11, 2001: The Day the Towers Fell
  • Jim Thorpe, Original All-American
  • Rat Island: Predators in Paradise and the World's Greatest Wildlife Rescue
  • Ghostbread
  • Open Wide (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #23)
  • Dizzy
  • Who Has What?: All About Girls' Bodies and Boys' Bodies
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Roman Gladiator! (You Wouldn't Want To)
  • Music Was IT: Young Leonard Bernstein
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Mummies (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Ninjas (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Knights (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Soccer (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #29)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Horses (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Thanksgiving (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)
  • Charles Dickens (Magic Tree House Fact & Fiction)