Start by marking “My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,149 Ratings  ·  1,061 Reviews
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teen
Published December 29th 2009 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about My Soul to Save, please sign up.

Riana I am 14 years old, and I am reading this book. I think it's appropriate, but of course that depends on how mature the reader is.
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLinger by Maggie StiefvaterSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
YA Books of 2010 & 2011 I'm LIVING to read!!
85th out of 1,136 books — 6,303 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
73rd out of 1,023 books — 1,926 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
Jan 06, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
The second book in this amazing series, and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. I'll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible, but most of this will make no sense if you haven't read this book. Just some of the thoughts I have swirling around in my head.

Kaylee's abilities are developing, she's finally learning to control herself and her powers, and Nash is with her every step of the way. Did I mention I adore him already? I love their dynamic and their chemistry, especially when the room
Kristy
Feb 12, 2011 Kristy rated it liked it
Soundtrack going through my mind as I read this book:

Take me down (6th Underground) -Eclipse
I want to sex you up- Color me bad
Let the bodies hit the floor-Drowning fool
Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie
Better as a memory - Kenney Chesney
Brick- Ben Folds Five
I'm going straight to Hell- Drivin' and cryin'
I could die for you-Red hot chili peppers
Break on through-The doors
Highway to Hell-ACDC
No soul-The Rumble Strips
Fix You-Cold Play
Grim Reaper Blues-The entrance Band
Don't fear the reaper-Blue Oyster Cu
The Flooze
For some reason this book makes me feel old. Old as dirt, like no other YA has thus far.

Kaylee once again inserts herself in a dangerous situation because of her highly attuned morality and sense of duty. She can't resist helping others. She's a mixture of naivete and hope, blindly blundering through obstacles.

But she has to finegle around being grounded to achieve her goals. Has to find a way to work around both her car keys and her mobile phone being taken away. And she has to remain focused
Asia
Mar 23, 2016 Asia rated it really liked it
Heather
Jan 11, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Wake Trilogy
Recommended to Heather by: Melissa Marr
Having quickly devoured My Soul to Take, I immediately set my sights on Book 2 of the Soul Screamers Series. While it wasn't as good as the first, probably due to less pages being devoted to Nash and Kaylee, it did not disappoint.

Set six weeks from the end of My Soul to Take, we find that Kaylee is coming into her powers, establishing a home with her father, and exploring her relationship with Nash. But all to quickly, Kaylee is forced to set her wants and lessons aside to come to the aid of Tod
Inspired Kathy
Feb 09, 2012 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This novel enlightened me on what is actually going on with all the Disney Channel & Disney Movie Stars. Thank you Rachel for finally clearing up exactly what Disney is doing to these young child stars. Oh wait Disney wasn't even mentioned in this book? Could have fooled me!

I have the worst time writing reviews on sequels. It's so hard! I hate spoilers. I prefer to pick up a book not even having read the back cover. I don't want to know where I'm going until I get there.

So all I can really
Cinnamon
Apr 11, 2010 Cinnamon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
MY SOUL TO SAVE is the second book in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. The first book, My Soul to Take, introduced Kaylee and her bean sidhe (banshee) abilities. When she senses death, Kaylee can't help but to sing the person's soul song. To us, this song sounds like ear-shattering screeching. Not exactly a trait known to win friends and influence people.

This installment follows Kaylee as she comes to terms with her abilities. I won't go into too many details as I don't want to give anyth
Tez
Oct 01, 2009 Tez rated it it was amazing
Kristi
Feb 06, 2010 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, own-arc
Three words: one unique series!

I just love the whole premise of this series. The soul screamers. It's such an unique element, and I can't wait to see where Rachel takes us next!

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy My Soul to Save as much as I did it's predecessor. I enjoyed the story, it was excellently written and there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you on you toes. I just didn't enjoy the characters as much this time around.

My favorite character from the first novel Todd, was sullen and cl
Isamlq
Nov 24, 2010 Isamlq rated it liked it
Soul Screamers reminds me of an episode of Scooby Doo, complete with the clueless Scooby gang. The sad thing is: there is no Velma in this Soul Screamers 2!

The Mystery: Teen Superstar drops dead but without a soul.
The Scoobi connection: One of the teen super stars just happens to be an ex-girlfriend of Tod’s
Clueing the Scoobi gang in: Said teen sensations had sold their souls for fame and fortune. Not stopping there: It’s the record label’s fault (which gives credence to the idea that Disney i
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
After reading Rachel Vincent’s My Soul to Take I eagerly dived straight into My Soul to Save, the second book in The Soul Screamers Series. And although I enjoyed it, I have quite mixed feelings about it because I don’t feel it was as good as the first.

My Soul to Save see’s Kaylee and Nash take on another dangerous journey, when they go to concert and watch a famous singer drop dead on the stage. The problem is Kaylee doesn’t wail like she normally does and she quickly realises it is because th
Imani
Mar 01, 2015 Imani rated it liked it
We got a bit more Tod in this book. But was it only me or did this feel like it could've been a 1.5 novella? It was short and seemed like a side story almost since it was about saving the soul of a pop star.

Laura (midorireads)
I am really glad I decided to start reading the Soul Screamers series! I'd been feeling a bit of a slump coming on, but having now read two books, I'm finding myself eager to read again.
In My Soul to Save, Kaylee and her boyfriend Nash are thrown into mission to help Reaper Tod's ex-girlfriend, super pop-star Addison Page get her soul back after learning that her date of death is coming not a week later. So a race is in order to get said soul back, and hopefully preempting her death as well.
Phạm Huỳnh Uyên Khôi
Đọc quyển này cũng khá lâu rồi, đến lúc phát hành tập 3 thì mình mới chợt nhớ là chưa review tập 2 :3

Ở tập 2 này, nội dung có phần sâu sắc và hấp dẫn hơn phần một. Diễn biến câu chuyện khá ổn và đều đặn, chứ không lúc thì quá chậm, lúc lại quá nhanh như tập 1. Mình thích Addy, có thể cô sai lầm lúc đầu, nhưng sự cố gắng sửa chữa sai lầm đó rất đáng để ghi nhận. Nhưng tiếc cho Addy, cái giá phải trả quá lớn, cô chỉ cứu được em gái mình..

Vẫn giữ được phong độ ban đầu, bìa 1 của tập 2 này vẫn rất "
Amber
Feb 23, 2016 Amber rated it it was ok
falling asleep photo: falling asleep gif giphy-1_zps4d1f80d7.gif
Wake me up when this plot doesn't suck...

So...most of this book consists of the characters sitting on their asses, eating junk food, doing some "investigative" work, and flapping their self-righteous little lips (I'm looking at YOU, Kaylee Cavanaugh).

Around halfway through the book, I found myself skimming text--never a good sign. I've resigned myself to read one more of these before I give up on the series. From the reviews, it seems that the books supposedly get better and evolve, so I guess
Ashley
Book 2 of Soul Screamers Series
Recommended to:
Page Count:
Reading Level: 7-12th grade

Pg. 37
I getting a Miley/Britney (both old school) vibe from these pop stars.
I really don't want Tod to still be into Addison. Even if Kaylee is with Nash (and he's super awesome and supportive and everything, but I can't help ship Tod and Kaylee), he and Emma would be cute.

This book surprised me, and that's mostly due to the subject matter. I've rarely read a book do openly discuss the evil of pop culture do li
Tina ♥ Bookaholic
Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Ich weiß gar nicht, warum ich das Buch so schlecht bewertet habe, bzw. kann ich mit dem Finger nicht ganz genau darauf zeigen. Aber ich weiß, dass ich es nicht interessant fand und es mich die meiste Zeit nur genervt hat. Ein Indiz, dass mir ein Buch nicht gefällt, ist immer, wenn ich lange dafür brauche und an diesem Buch bin ich ca. 2-3 Wochen gesessen, obwohl ich sonst 1-3 Tage für gute Bücher brauche. Dabei ist das Buch gar nicht so dick.

Jedenfalls kam ich mit der Han
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

I think its safe to reveal some of the details about Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamer’s universe for this review, but if you haven’t read My Soul to Take yet, then beware of spoilers from this point on.

As she discovered in My Soul to Take, Kaylee Cavanaugh is a banshee or bean sidhe. A soul screamer straight out of Irish folklore. In MY SOUL TO SAVE, Kaylee has been reunited with her long absent father (also a bean sidhe) and is struggling to ad
Amy Jacobs
Jul 08, 2011 Amy Jacobs rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
My Soul To Save is the second book in the Soul Screamers series by author Rachel Vincent. After I finished reading the first book in the series, I had to have more of Kaylee and Nash. Who would have thought that Banshee's could be so exciting and fun to read about?

In this book, it starts out with Nash and Kaylee attending a concert. The headlining act is popular pop star Eden who happens to drop dead in the middle of the concert. Only there is one problem about her falling dead in the middle of
Shweta Choudhary
Sep 16, 2012 Shweta Choudhary rated it it was amazing
Loved IT!!!! Totally!!! Loved the cover first of all!!! The concept of soul screamer is so unique and different!!! I love it..

The book starts with Famous Eden dying on stage and Kaylee finding out they don't have souls. She finds out that these girls have sold their soul to demons !!! Literally sold their soul t devils!! Just for fame,power and the the Hellion will toture their human soul !! At first you might find these girls a little vague for selling their souls and not knowing the character.
Lyndsey O'Halloran
Mar 29, 2011 Lyndsey O'Halloran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
After loving My Soul to Take, I couldn’t wait to pick up the second book to find out what was going to happen next. I had high hopes for this book but unfortunately, it ended up falling a little flat of my expectations.

I really enjoyed Kaylee as a character. While having certain insecurities about one thing, she does know herself very well and refuses to back down on what she believes in, no matter what she has to do to get there. I loved this about Kaylee and the fact that she is so strong in
Kt
Mar 24, 2012 Kt rated it really liked it
Shelves: hardcopy
Danielle Smiley
Feb 22, 2012 Danielle Smiley rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

"She pivoted slowly to look at me, and I saw time in her eyes. Years of life and death, and existence without end."

"Evidently people come with expiration dates stamped on them at birth -- much like food in the grocery store."

"I'd helped Addy and Regan because I couldn't not help them. Because in most cases, I believe that people deserve a second chance. And because I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd stood by and let them both die soulless, when I could have helped."

The abov
Brooke
Jan 25, 2010 Brooke rated it liked it
Kaylee is learning how to use and control her wail, and with the help of Nash's mother, Harmony, she's progressing nicely. But when Tod, a Reaper and Nash's brother, gets them tickets to one of the biggest concerts of the year and the star drops dead during her set, Kaylee knows something is wrong because she didn't have the overwhelming urge to scream. If she doesn't scream for someone then they obviously must not have a soul to sing for.

Kaylee knows that she shouldn't put her new relationship
Siufong Tran
Jun 30, 2015 Siufong Tran rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-have-s
MUST. HAVE. NEXT. BOOK.

Sinem Yaren
Jul 13, 2015 Sinem Yaren rated it really liked it
Bir kere belirtmeliyim ki Kaylee en sevdiğim kız karakterlerden biri. Gerçekten çok olgun, güçlü ve dayanıklı bir duruşu var. Todd AŞIRI sevdiğim bir karakterdi ve bu kitapta ciddi hayal kırıklığına uğrattı beni. Hatta, spoiler vermek istemiyorum okuyanlar bilir, o sonlara doğru takındığı tavırlar ve davranışları ve sondaki cümlesi falan. Bilmiyorum öteki kitabı bir an önce okumalıyım ama Todd'u çok sevmiştim umarım mahvetmez bunu :)
Nash ve Kaylee ikilisini çok seviyorum ama kitabı Kaylee'nin ba
Valy P.
Mar 14, 2016 Valy P. rated it liked it
3 stelle e mezzo
Meltem Adaici
Jun 04, 2015 Meltem Adaici rated it it was amazing
Mitolojiye ait kitapları seviyorum. Ruh Çığlığı serisinin 2. kitabı olan Ruh Kapanı'nıda ayrıca sevdim.Başta kitabın kapağına aşık oldum. O ne güzel kapak öyle! İlk kitap zaten beni kendine bağlamıştı, 2.sindende aynı oranda etkilendim. Bean-sidhe olan Kaylee, insanlar ölürken çığlık atıyor. Ama ya ruhu olmayan biri öldüğünde ne olabilir? İnsanlar ün ve şöhrete ulaşabilmek için ruhlarını satıyorlar hemde sonsuz işkenceden habersiz bir şekilde, şeytanlar tarafından kandırılarak. Bu kandırılan ins ...more
Casusangelus
Jun 09, 2015 Casusangelus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, gelesen-2015
Inhalt:
Als sich Kaylee so langsam an ihr neues Leben als Banshee gewöhnt, passiert plötzlich etwas Merkwürdiges. Zusammen mit ihrem Freund Nash ist sie auf einem Konzert, wo die Sängerin auf der Bühne umkippt. Sie ist tot, doch Kaylee verspürt nicht das Bedürfnis zu schreien. Es stellt sich heraus, dass sie keine Seele mehr hatte, genau wie Addison, die Ex-Freundin von Nashs Bruder Todd. Als die drei erfahren, dass Addy kurze Zeit später auch sterben soll, beschließen sie, ihre Seele zurück zu h
Cathy
Overall, good YA. Nitpicky stuff is that Kaylee, like Faythe in Vincent's shifter books, always has the right ideas and answers and is brave way beyond what her life experience should allow. But the story is good and the emotions ring true.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 12:21PM
Crazy for Young A...: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent → May 16, 2013 45 31 May 25, 2013 11:01AM
Shut Up & Read: My Soul to Save 12 61 Jul 29, 2012 02:15PM
The Soul Screamer...: My Soul To Save 1 6 Jul 15, 2012 11:11AM
My Not-So-Secret ...: My Soul To Save 1 1 Jun 17, 2012 01:19PM
Books Books Books...: My Soul to Save/ My Soul to Keep 2 2 May 09, 2012 12:21PM
BookSpark: Let's Talk...Soul Screamers! 42 24 Mar 10, 2012 10:03AM
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
More about Rachel Vincent...

Soul Screamers (7 books)
  • My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)

“The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.” 603 likes
“Chocolate says "I'm sorry" so much better than words.” 437 likes