My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  14,706 ratings  ·  958 reviews
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teen...more
Published December 29th 2009 by Harlequin Teen

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLinger by Maggie StiefvaterSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
YA Books of 2010 & 2011 I'm LIVING to read!!
86th out of 1,136 books — 6,235 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
72nd out of 1,051 books — 1,876 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
The second book in this amazing series, and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. I'll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible, but most of this will make no sense if you haven't read this book. Just some of the thoughts I have swirling around in my head.

Kaylee's abilities are developing, she's finally learning to control herself and her powers, and Nash is with her every step of the way. Did I mention I adore him already? I love their dynamic and their chemistry, especially when the room...more
Kristy
Soundtrack going through my mind as I read this book:

Take me down (6th Underground) -Eclipse
I want to sex you up- Color me bad
Let the bodies hit the floor-Drowning fool
Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie
Better as a memory - Kenney Chesney
Brick- Ben Folds Five
I'm going straight to Hell- Drivin' and cryin'
I could die for you-Red hot chili peppers
Break on through-The doors
Highway to Hell-ACDC
No soul-The Rumble Strips
Fix You-Cold Play
Grim Reaper Blues-The entrance Band
Don't fear the reaper-Blue Oyster Cu...more
The Flooze
For some reason this book makes me feel old. Old as dirt, like no other YA has thus far.

Kaylee once again inserts herself in a dangerous situation because of her highly attuned morality and sense of duty. She can't resist helping others. She's a mixture of naivete and hope, blindly blundering through obstacles.

But she has to finegle around being grounded to achieve her goals. Has to find a way to work around both her car keys and her mobile phone being taken away. And she has to remain focused...more
Heather
Jan 11, 2010 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the Wake Trilogy
Recommended to Heather by: Melissa Marr
Having quickly devoured My Soul to Take, I immediately set my sights on Book 2 of the Soul Screamers Series. While it wasn't as good as the first, probably due to less pages being devoted to Nash and Kaylee, it did not disappoint.

Set six weeks from the end of My Soul to Take, we find that Kaylee is coming into her powers, establishing a home with her father, and exploring her relationship with Nash. But all to quickly, Kaylee is forced to set her wants and lessons aside to come to the aid of Tod...more
Inspired Kathy
This novel enlightened me on what is actually going on with all the Disney Channel & Disney Movie Stars. Thank you Rachel for finally clearing up exactly what Disney is doing to these young child stars. Oh wait Disney wasn't even mentioned in this book? Could have fooled me!

I have the worst time writing reviews on sequels. It's so hard! I hate spoilers. I prefer to pick up a book not even having read the back cover. I don't want to know where I'm going until I get there.

So all I can really...more
Tez
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
After reading Rachel Vincent’s My Soul to Take I eagerly dived straight into My Soul to Save, the second book in The Soul Screamers Series. And although I enjoyed it, I have quite mixed feelings about it because I don’t feel it was as good as the first.

My Soul to Save see’s Kaylee and Nash take on another dangerous journey, when they go to concert and watch a famous singer drop dead on the stage. The problem is Kaylee doesn’t wail like she normally does and she quickly realises it is because th...more
Cinnamon
MY SOUL TO SAVE is the second book in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. The first book, My Soul to Take, introduced Kaylee and her bean sidhe (banshee) abilities. When she senses death, Kaylee can't help but to sing the person's soul song. To us, this song sounds like ear-shattering screeching. Not exactly a trait known to win friends and influence people.

This installment follows Kaylee as she comes to terms with her abilities. I won't go into too many details as I don't want to give anyth...more
Fallen for books
Loved IT!!!! Totally!!! Loved the cover first of all!!! The concept of soul screamer is so unique and different!!! I love it..

The book starts with Famous Eden dying on stage and Kaylee finding out they don't have souls. She finds out that these girls have sold their soul to demons !!! Literally sold their soul t devils!! Just for fame,power and the the Hellion will toture their human soul !! At first you might find these girls a little vague for selling their souls and not knowing the character....more
Kristi
Three words: one unique series!

I just love the whole premise of this series. The soul screamers. It's such an unique element, and I can't wait to see where Rachel takes us next!

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy My Soul to Save as much as I did it's predecessor. I enjoyed the story, it was excellently written and there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you on you toes. I just didn't enjoy the characters as much this time around.

My favorite character from the first novel Todd, was sullen and cl...more
Isamlq
Soul Screamers reminds me of an episode of Scooby Doo, complete with the clueless Scooby gang. The sad thing is: there is no Velma in this Soul Screamers 2!

The Mystery: Teen Superstar drops dead but without a soul.
The Scoobi connection: One of the teen super stars just happens to be an ex-girlfriend of Tod’s
Clueing the Scoobi gang in: Said teen sensations had sold their souls for fame and fortune. Not stopping there: It’s the record label’s fault (which gives credence to the idea that Disney i...more
jade
Jan 14, 2014 jade rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
All the funny scenes have Tod in them. The dynamics between Tod and Nash, Tod and Kaylee, Tod Kaylee Emma Nash in the car, simply hilarious. It's a fun read.
♥ Tina ♥ (Martina Bookaholic)
Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Ich weiß gar nicht, warum ich das Buch so schlecht bewertet habe, bzw. kann ich mit dem Finger nicht ganz genau darauf zeigen. Aber ich weiß, dass ich es nicht interessant fand und es mich die meiste Zeit nur genervt hat. Ein Indiz, dass mir ein Buch nicht gefällt, ist immer, wenn ich lange dafür brauche und an diesem Buch bin ich ca. 2-3 Wochen gesessen, obwohl ich sonst 1-3 Tage für gute Bücher brauche. Dabei ist das Buch gar nicht so dick.

Jedenfalls kam ich mit der Han...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

I think its safe to reveal some of the details about Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamer’s universe for this review, but if you haven’t read My Soul to Take yet, then beware of spoilers from this point on.

As she discovered in My Soul to Take, Kaylee Cavanaugh is a banshee or bean sidhe. A soul screamer straight out of Irish folklore. In MY SOUL TO SAVE, Kaylee has been reunited with her long absent father (also a bean sidhe) and is struggling to ad...more
Amy Jacobs
My Soul To Save is the second book in the Soul Screamers series by author Rachel Vincent. After I finished reading the first book in the series, I had to have more of Kaylee and Nash. Who would have thought that Banshee's could be so exciting and fun to read about?

In this book, it starts out with Nash and Kaylee attending a concert. The headlining act is popular pop star Eden who happens to drop dead in the middle of the concert. Only there is one problem about her falling dead in the middle of...more
Lyndsey Rushby
After loving My Soul to Take, I couldn’t wait to pick up the second book to find out what was going to happen next. I had high hopes for this book but unfortunately, it ended up falling a little flat of my expectations.

I really enjoyed Kaylee as a character. While having certain insecurities about one thing, she does know herself very well and refuses to back down on what she believes in, no matter what she has to do to get there. I loved this about Kaylee and the fact that she is so strong in...more
Kt
Mar 24, 2012 Kt rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hardcopy
Danielle Smiley
Favorite Quotes:

"She pivoted slowly to look at me, and I saw time in her eyes. Years of life and death, and existence without end."

"Evidently people come with expiration dates stamped on them at birth -- much like food in the grocery store."

"I'd helped Addy and Regan because I couldn't not help them. Because in most cases, I believe that people deserve a second chance. And because I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd stood by and let them both die soulless, when I could have helped."

The abov...more
Brooke
Kaylee is learning how to use and control her wail, and with the help of Nash's mother, Harmony, she's progressing nicely. But when Tod, a Reaper and Nash's brother, gets them tickets to one of the biggest concerts of the year and the star drops dead during her set, Kaylee knows something is wrong because she didn't have the overwhelming urge to scream. If she doesn't scream for someone then they obviously must not have a soul to sing for.

Kaylee knows that she shouldn't put her new relationship...more
Tandie
I didn't love this book as much as the first one. There's not an obvious reason why, and it was still good. I'm planning on jumping into book 3 next.

I liked Tod. He's reckless, obnoxious, & plain fun. I enjoy how he needles Nash & I'm getting curious to know his whole story. I like how he's developing a relationship that's friendly & not love-triangleish with Kaylee. Poor guy needs some pals & his brother doesn't seem very understanding. Maybe because Tod is a little pervy/voyeur...more
Cathy
Overall, good YA. Nitpicky stuff is that Kaylee, like Faythe in Vincent's shifter books, always has the right ideas and answers and is brave way beyond what her life experience should allow. But the story is good and the emotions ring true.
This is the sequel to My Soul to Take so obviously there maybe some spoilerish stuff below. Just an FYI.

Who knew being a bean sidhe could be so dangerous? After narrowly escaping a rogue grim reaper, Kaylee was hoping her world would return to normal or as normal as her life can get. Unfortunately that is not in the cards. Even though her newly-returned dad has her on a pretty short leash, Kaylee manages to go to a concert with hunky boyfriend Nash and his grim reaper brother Tod. Naturally, not...more
Larissa
*Souls Screamers series review (Prequel and Bks 1 & 2)

I am a huge Rachel Vincent fan. I absolutely adore her Werecats series (I’ll review them soon =]) and when she came ou with a YA one, I just had to get it.

Kaylee is a Bean Sidhe, but she doesn’t know it and having the urge to scream her lungs out and realizing that the person she looked at and that ignited that urge is dead, is stuff from nightmares and can drive anyone crazy.

That’s when start following Kaylee’s story and with her we find...more
Aik Chien 인첸

In My Soul to Save, Kaylee Cavanaugh finds out that she cannot scream when a a teen pop star dies abruptly onstage. She and her boyfriend Nash Hudson eventually realizes that things are not so simple as it seems - the pop star has sold her soul to the demon of avarice. When Tod approaches them and begs them to help in saving his ex-girlfriend (now also a teenage pop star) Addison, they have no other choice but to agree, because Tod is Nash's already-dead-but-not-quite older brother.

BUT, I don't...more
Page (One Book At A Time)
I have mixed feeling on this addition to the series. Kaylee really annoyed me but I enjoyed the story. Go figure!

I'm still really enjoying the Bean Sidhe elements of this story. I liked learning about Demon's Breathe and how people can trade their soul. It was also interesting how demon's can get away with not fully explaining the contract's humans are signing. I liked the explaining of the otherworld and how it's the same and different from the one we live in. I also really liked Libby and the...more
Krystle
My Soul to Save has everything you want in a ya book – death deals, unexpected twists, and overloaded hormones.

I’m surprised by how much I like this series. It’s not anything deep, substantial, or noteworthy, and is closer to candy you guzzle down instead of savoring, but it’s just so fun. This series is fast becoming one of my great guilty pleasures, haha.

The best part about this book was the male romance interest. He’s actually a very sweet boyfriend and not a prick that treats the female like...more
Lori (Pure Imagination)
Of course it wasn't over after Kaylee found out she is a Bean Sidhe. No, Kaylee has to find more trouble to get into. When Kaylee and Nash go to a pop concert that is just what they find. Trouble. Soulless Trouble.

I loved the first book in this series, My Soul to Take but I didn't enjoy this as much. I'm not going to dwell to much on that because it's a second book in a series. It's a stepping stone of sorts. Vincent is just taking us in the direction we need to go.

Nash and Kaylee are great cha...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
My Soul to Save Review on K-Books

The Soul Screamers series is fast becoming a favourite series of mine. I haven't read a series about Banshees or Reapers before so this is a very original concept for me and I am really loving this series.

Kaylee can't believe she's dating Nash. The gorgeous guy that any girl would want, But he chose her. While on one of their dates to a concert when the singer dies on stage and it doesn't affect Kaylee at all they know something is wrong. What they don't count on...more
Regina Linton
Kaylee again is entrusting her love and her life with Nash and his brother Tod. A new mission for them comes to the form of saving one of Tod's old flames, by regaining her soul before she dies. Kaylee, a bean sidhe, whose scream to the world is deafening is a wonderful melody to other male bean sidhes such as Nash and his brother Tod.

Kaylee's weakness is saying "no". She is determined to save the world from death if she can with her newly acquired powers. She has learned to control her wail and...more
Tynga
Second book in the Soul Screamers series, My Soul To Save won't let down any expectations. This book takes place a few weeks after the end of My Soul to Take, and we follow Kaylee, Nash and Tod in another weird adventure.

We get to learn more about the bean sidhe/reaper world, but also a lot more about the Netherworld, where creatures we've never heard of lingers. Kaylee only got glimpse of that world, hidden from human sight, in her previous adventures, but what's waiting for her will be whole n...more
Crazy for Young A...: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent → May 16, 2013 45 29 May 25, 2013 11:01AM
Shut Up & Read: My Soul to Save 12 60 Jul 29, 2012 02:15PM
The Soul Screamer...: My Soul To Save 1 5 Jul 15, 2012 11:11AM
My Not-So-Secret ...: My Soul To Save 1 1 Jun 17, 2012 01:19PM
Books Books Books...: My Soul to Save/ My Soul to Keep 2 2 May 09, 2012 12:21PM
BookSpark: Let's Talk...Soul Screamers! 42 23 Mar 10, 2012 10:03AM
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • The Haunted (The Hollow, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with...more
More about Rachel Vincent...
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) Stray (Shifters, #1) My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3) Pride (Shifters, #3) Prey (Shifters, #4)

“The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.” 522 likes
“Chocolate says "I'm sorry" so much better than words.” 402 likes