Start by marking “Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3)” as Want to Read:
Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3)

Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  1,201 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
On the heels of the New York Times bestselling Dead Shot comes the most thrilling installment of the Kyle Swanson series yet, in which an attempt at a new peace in the Middle East is shattered by an unknown attacker, and only Swanson can find out whoâs responsible

At a 15th Century castle outside Edinburgh, Scotland, Sir Geoffrey Cornwell is brokering an unprecedented agr
Published March 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Press

Kyle Pennekamp
Jul 07, 2011 Kyle Pennekamp rated it liked it
The 3rd book in the series, the second I've read. Great stuff. The problem with so many of the paperback thrillers I've been reading lately is the 2nd Act. Most of them have a great opening, then one good idea that they save for the end. The middle is a vast wasteland. In books like Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series, it's kind of the point: after doing something awesome to glean a clue that something bad is going to go down, Mitch Rapp is prevented by bureaucratic red tape from being awesome again ...more
Giovanni Gelati
May 28, 2010 Giovanni Gelati rated it it was amazing
Clean Kill is the 3rd installment in the Kyle Swanson series, Kill Zone & Dead Shot being the first two. In the novel Swanson is a Gunnery Sergeant in the United States Marine Corp. The author, Jack Coughlin is a retired Marine of the same rank having held the same job of sniper. The brand they are building is “A Sniper Novel”. I love it.

Swanson is an incredible patriot and loves the Marines. I love one of his favorite sayings “Slow is fast, fast is smooth”. There is nothing about this book
Bryce Zimmermann
Sep 21, 2012 Bryce Zimmermann rated it really liked it

Im reading Clean kill I'm on page 16 and it is good so far it about a secrete mission and there going for some in alkada group. I think about the guy that was in special forces. I think there arguing to be death in bot al-kada group and special forces. This book reminds me of the time special forces killed Osama bin laden. I thought I was serious but latter in the book it's just going to get scary. I think the author wrote this book to describe what happened when they killed Osama bin laden. I
Jeffrey
Mar 19, 2010 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Special forces fans of military thrillers
Gunny Sergeant Swanson, one of the best snipers in the world, and the members of Trident command are dispatched to Saudi Arabia to stop an violent uprising and recover 5 nuclear bombs in that country before a Russian backed and Chinese threatened attack can topple the government. Juba, Swanson old enemy is also on hand to try to kill Swanson. The action is fast and furious, and the sniper shows that his wits and military prowess count for as much as his long gun.
Greg Dill
Sep 19, 2015 Greg Dill rated it it was ok
Lost interest. Started to read like a Tom Clancy novel with too much detail that began to bore me. There was a lot of action, but sporadic at best. I give it a 3-star because the writing and character development was good, and I'm sure the story would have turned out good. But, it was just too detailed for me.
Drew Kossy
Nov 22, 2013 Drew Kossy rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Kyle Swanson "A SNIPER NOVEL" series. And of course co-author Jack Coughlin's (USMC retired) autobiography "SHOOTER" defined the authenticity of a sniper "think-tank" that provides the authentic nucleus for this fictionalized series. There's a reason the jargon and action rings truer than most other novels. As the story unfolds Swanson is with his super classified Task-Force-Trident in the "ragged" mountains of Western Pakistan. Trident is involved in "THEIR FOURTH ...more
Wendy Koedoot
Mar 18, 2016 Wendy Koedoot rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In dit derde deel gaat het verhaal terug naar 1992 naar de Somalische stad Mogadishu, waar Kyle en zijn collega’s tijdens de vredesmissie een man, de “ Zwarte Cobra” gevangen nemen.
Twintig jaar later werkt Kyle voor de CIA . De Cobra is vrij en nog steeds uit op wraak, hij haat Swanson en wil hem dood hebben. De Cobra gaat zo ver dat hij zelfs een terreurcampagne in de V.S. start en dood en verderf zaait in een groot winkelcentrum.
Kyle krijgt samen met een FBI-collega Lucky Sharif de opdracht de
Davis Foster
Jun 14, 2010 Davis Foster rated it really liked it
In this book, there was a lot of allusion and references to outside sources. For example, he refers to himself at one part in the book, taking about the fictional character joking about beating the record the author set while in the Marine Corps.

Jack also describes the setting in detail. Having served in Iraq, he knows the area very well and is able to give the reader a very realistic feel for what is going on and how the setting is changing.

Characters play a major role in this novel, and Jack
Wayne
Dec 27, 2013 Wayne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Wayne by: Goodreads
This was the third in a series with Gunny Sargent Kyle Swanson as the lead character. Unknown to Kyle Swanson his old nemesis Juba was still alive after taking a 50 caliber round in the jaw shot by Kyle Swanson and the house he was in bombed. Juba was severely disfigured and he remained mentally deranged. He had the backing of powerful moneyed interests in Germany to cause a revolt in Saudi Arabia. Further it was learned that Saudi Arabia had 5 nuclear missiles so the United States and China ...more
Henri Moreaux
It's been two years since I read the last episode of the Swanson Series, Kill Zone so I honestly can't offer much comparison between the two novels in terms of pace and feel.

I can say however that there seemed to be less actual conflict in this novel and more political/behind the scenes maneuvering, from my vague memory the prior novel was more no holes barred action whereas this one is a little more 'big picture'.

Overall, it's an interesting story line (revolution in Saudi Arabia by Islamic Fun
Chris
Nov 07, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Jacqueline
Apr 21, 2010 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
A fast paced read. Pure escapism. The plot seems pretty feasible and the pieces come together nicely. I loved Juba as the villian in a previous book but he didn't seem as effectual in this one. Kyle Swanson is becoming just a bit too good. He is becoming a bit superheroish and losing a bit of his humanity. What exactly can't he do? Still I like to see him do his stuff. The tension level here wasn't as high somehow as in previous books. Maybe because there was so much from other points of view, ...more
Josh Logan
Oct 21, 2013 Josh Logan rated it it was amazing
The book that I read was called Clean Kill. It was about a sniper called Kyle Swanson who was trying to stop the terrorists from taking over the Saudi Arabian oil fields and the nuclear weapons protecting them. This book was one of my favorite books. The reason why I liked it so much was because it created a realistic situation with a character that was heroic. He did things that were possible but not very likely to happen. Everything in the story could have happened which is why I liked it so ...more
Dru
Jan 05, 2011 Dru rated it liked it
It is a fast paced novel about a sniper thrown smack in the middle of an uprising war between the Americans, Arabs and Chinese. In the beginning, I wasn't getting into it, since it seemed to jump around too much but after awhile, I couldn't put it down. I almost got the sense that I was Kyle, rather than just reading about him. I was there with him, making the shots, when he barked orders at those who normally would be his superiors. It ended up being a fun read. My father even tried to steal ...more
Chris
Dec 23, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Gunny Kyle Swanson kicks some major league ass in this non-stop actionathon. Killer McCoy from the W.E.B. Griffin's The Corps series meets Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Body count is high in this one. Both sides keep on attacking. Lots of geo-political intrigue bordering on the unbelievable. We have terrorist attacks on Arab Israeli peace talks in the UK, major attacks on the House of Saud, Chinese intrigue,and Russian meddling using an international terrorist. Considering the scope everything wraps ...more
TJ Creamer
Oct 18, 2015 TJ Creamer rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series. I've actually read Kill Zone, Dead Shot, and Clean Kill.

Simply put, Jack Coughlin does an EXCELLENT job of laying out the scenarios, the mental chess game, the risk/trade-space/options. NICELY suspenseful, so much so I have continued reading the series.

And I am looking forward to the 4th book in the series "An Act of Treason". Really nicely delivered, and the author does a super job of leading the reader through the adventures and tactics.
Glen
May 22, 2016 Glen rated it liked it
This is the third book in The Sniper series, featuring Kyle Swanson.

After destroying an training camp for terrorists in Pakistan, Swanson is back on task. A terrorist mastermind has blown up his friend's castle as part of a scheme to take over Saudi Arabia. Russia, and then China, get involved.

After some twists and turns, Swanson gets to the bottom of things.

Pretty exciting. Really reminded me of a mid 1980's Mack Bolan novel.
James F.
Feb 19, 2016 James F. rated it liked it
My current impression of this novel (part of a broader series I have not yet read) is that it follows the standard "tough guy with an independent nature is respected by his peers, hated by his enemies, but is smarter and more talented than anyone else he is forced to come into contact with."

Not very realistic to believe that such an individual might exist. Even Achilles had at least one weak spot!
Fraser Cook
Mar 14, 2012 Fraser Cook rated it liked it
I may not necessarily agree with his world viewpoint and politics but Coughlin writes exciting entertaining stories! Our main protagonist is a Marine Sniper, essentially allowed to do whatever he pleases and saving the world in the process. Perhaps wish fulfillment from ex Marine Sniper Jack Coughlin. The story moves quickly, the situations are interesting, the trade craft top notch. I cant wait for the next one!
Barbara
Nov 30, 2011 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-snipers
Another smooth collaboration with a good plot and just enough technical talk to keep it interesting without smothering the reader. I'm looking forward to the next Kyle Swanson book as he battles his demons and keeps the world safe from terrorists.
Kevin
Jun 21, 2010 Kevin rated it it was ok
ehhh....something just didn't flow and ending def fizzled. i knew when i had a bunch of wrap up to go and only like 15 pages left it was going to fold like a cheap tent at the end. decent storyline and good characters. hopefully the writing will get better
Matthew Cousens
Feb 09, 2014 Matthew Cousens rated it really liked it
Shelves: x_kyle-swanson
Good military thrilled. Sniper Kyle Swanson squares off against his rival again. Is this terrorist finally dead or is this yet another time the terrorist is believed to be dead but survives to fight another day? Maybe the next book in the series will tell. :>
Linda
May 25, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
If you like action novels, this is the book for you. I really like this author's writing style. He doesn't feel the need to tell you every little thought the character has, but you know exactly who Gunnery Sergeant Kyle Swanson is. Looking forward to reading the whole series.
David Dalton
My third Jack Coughlin thriller that I have read and I love them all. Very exciting reading. Kyle is not a superman, but a Marine who knows his job. I need to catch up on my reading as I think there are 7 books now featuring Gunnery Sergeant Kyle Swanson. Lots of good reading in my future.
Paul
Oct 09, 2013 Paul rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Jack Coughlin. His book just keep on getting better and better. I am looking forward to the next book in the series!!!
Mark Lykken
Jun 28, 2013 Mark Lykken rated it it was ok
I am on age 80 and don't like it as much as book #1. Way too much activity - to the point of fantasy.
James Kidd
Dec 28, 2010 James Kidd rated it liked it
Started today. Not sure. Need something to life me up with quality writing. It will be Mike Lawson or Henning Mankell next very quickly if not...
Jayw
Jul 30, 2011 Jayw added it
Gunny Kyle Swanson, top sniper and operative, faces his old nemesis Juba as Russia hatches plot to undermine the House of Saud and seize the oilfields.
Hornjt
Jul 22, 2014 Hornjt rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed. the continueing adventures of Kyle Swanson. With the current state of the Middle East and Russia it makes it more of a great read.
Kathy
May 31, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: haveread
This one got a little too grand. High energy but the scope of the conflict was bigger than necessary. A good sniper action novel.
  • Reflexive Fire
  • The Operative (Stratton, #3)
  • Fair Game (Dan Shepherd, #8)
  • Nemesis (Arisen, #8.5)
  • War Torn (War Torn, #1)
  • Angels of Wrath (Larry Bond's First Team, #2)
  • The Murderers (Badge of Honor, #6)
  • Dead Zero (Bob Lee Swagger, #7; Ray Cruz, #1)
  • The Reckoning
  • The Cabal (Kirk McGarvey, #14)
  • The Horizon (Arisen, #6)
  • Strike Back (Strike Back #1)
  • Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)
  • Seal Team One
  • The Tide (The Tide Series, #1)
  • Blood Lies (Rogue Warrior, #16)
  • One-Way Trip (Sniper Elite, #1)
132058
Gunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin’s autobiography, Shooter, describes his experiences as the top-ranked marine sniper in the Iraq War.

Coughlin is also the author, with Donald A. Davis, of the Kyle Swanson Sniper Novels: Kill Zone, Dead Shot, Clean Kill, and An Act of Treason.

Coughlin grew up in Waltham, Massachusetts, and joined the Marines when he was 19. He served with the Marines during the drive to
More about Jack Coughlin...

Kyle Swanson Sniper (10 books)
  • Kill Zone (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #1)
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • An Act of Treason (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #4)
  • Running the Maze (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #5)
  • Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #6)
  • On Scope (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #7)
  • Night of the Cobra (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #8)
  • Long Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #9)
  • In the Crosshairs (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #10)