Start by marking “Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)” as Want to Read:
Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)

Catwalk (On the Runway #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Book two in the dynamic fashion-themed On the Runway teen novel series by favorite young adult fiction author Melody Carlson. The Forrester sisters take their hit TV show to New York, learning that success in the big city comes with big challenges.
Published May 29th 2010 by Zondervan (first published May 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Catwalk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catwalk

Airhead by Meg CabotBeing Nikki by Meg CabotPoseur by Rachel MaudeRunaway by Meg CabotThe Good, the Fab, and the Ugly by Rachel Maude
YA Fashion Books
26th out of 86 books — 71 voters
Edna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanHomecoming Queen by Melody CarlsonSummer Promise by Robin Jones GunnYankee Belles in Dixie by Gilbert MorrisThe Secret of Richmond Manor by Gilbert Morris
Teenage Girl Christian Fiction
30th out of 84 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill Williamson
Fashion week is coming and the Forrester sisters are busier than ever with their TV show, On the Runway. While Paige seeks interviews with top designers, Erin wants to support designers who care about the environment.

I really enjoy these books. They're a fun contrast between a high drama girl and her down-to-earth little sister. I like how Erin tries to set a good example for her gig sister, yet every once in a while Paige puts Erin in her place. This book had a slower plot, but an entertaining
Wordy Nerd
A good second book to a series! I think Green fashion is fantastic. I think anything that will help keep the earth healthy is better. I think Paige's opinion of green fashion is a bit shallow. The reason for my opinion is because when it comes to fashion all I can say is so what, it doesn't matter if someone clothes look better, it matters that they are protecting and making the earth a better place. I do not think the fact that Paige lives for fashion is a really good thing. I think it is good ...more
Marie Danielle
Really good! In the book Erin expresses interest in green fashion, to me I think Erin knowing what green fashion is and knowing that it helps and effects the world a lot makes a big deal. I think Paige should of cared more about green fashion and show more interest towards it. I don't think it's a bad thing that Paige lives for fashion because it at least makes her happy even though the clothes she wear are made in bad conditions. When Paige got back together with Benjamin I thought to myself "I ...more
Crystal
After reading and enjoying Premiere last week, I was anxious to read the next installment in Melody Carlson's new On the Runway series. Catwalk did not disappoint. In fact I think I enjoyed it more than Premiere. Erin and Paige are now on the roll with their new show, but that doesn't mean that Erin is completely comfortable being in front of the camera yet. Catwalk leads the girls to fashion week in New York and lots of fun and surprises await them there.

I enjoyed reading the various shows and
Molly
Aug 10, 2010 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all teen girls;ya novel lovers
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST
I loved this book every bit as much as Premiere, book 1 in this awesome new series for young adults. Once again, we are taking back to the runway and the life of Erin and her wannabe actress sister,Paige, and the lessons are flowing once again, with trying to live a Godly life in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Hollywood. The sisters are still their happy, loving self, but are dealing with the issues of everyday Hollywood life. Once again, Melody Carlson does not pack this full of issues ...more
Clockstein Lockstein
Catwalk by Melody Carlson is the second book in the On the Runway series. Paige and Erin Forrester are on their way to film New York Fashion week for their reality television show On the Runway, but first they both need to walk in a show for a "green" designer, then Erin needs to deal with her best friend Mollie's seeming abandoning her for boyfriend Tony, plus the girls' mother's relationship with Jon is becoming serious. I love this series about two sisters trying to stay true to themselves in ...more
Gail
This is the second in a series of books, aimed at young adults/girls. I wouldn't have bought it but got it for free on amazon. And only read it this time because it was something easy I could try using the text to speech thing on my kindle while I was driving Elizabeth to Alabama! I think I decided I can do audio books easier than the text to speech thing...it was a stilted/automated voice that had no inflection to it! There was really no pause in between sentences/paragraphs so for me it would ...more
Liralen
I received this as a first reads book, but I think I would have gotten more out of it if I'd read the first book in the series (Premiere). There was no amateur-hour 'let's summarise everything that happened in the last book', but there were numerous comments that I can only presume refer to events that took place in said last book. I never quite figured out some of the basic things, such as how old these characters are or what exactly the point of their TV show is. I assume that these things are ...more
Terry
This book was an enjoyable and quick, easy read. A nice, fun story but a bit soap-operish for my tastes. Could be because it deals with fashion, which is one of my least favorite things to read about. Plus, with mom being a news broadcast director, and both girls coming in to their own in the entertainment industry, their family lifestyle wasn't one I could easily relate to.
I liked the fact that the characters' lives weren't all perfect. I would have liked to seen more character development, but
April
Misty
I have to admit I'm starting to get into this fashion thing. I mean I've always enjoyed fashion especially because I'm a girl, but this book, I would say, was better than Premiere in the fact that Paige is less catty and that she's starting to come to Christianity and realizing she doesn't need Benjamin. It's pretty fun reading about their Fashion Week as well.
Michelle
I actually enjoyed this book even more than the first one. I didn't think I would after reading the teaser at the end of the first book, but it ended up being an entertaining read after all. I liked how the author tied in an entirely separate series into this one, too. The Carter House girls make an appearance in this book, which makes me want to go back and finish that series. Anyway, I am looking forward to digging into book three in this series, Rendezvous. So far this series is a YA winner, ...more
Kristen Morris
I enjoyed this book a bit more than I expected to, since I didn't read the first in the series. My main issue was that I couldn't figure out exactly how old they were either, my guess is early 20s since they could legally drink? Sometimes they seemed younger.

Anyhow, very enjoyable book especially if you enjoy reading about fashion, I really liked all the descriptions of clothing.

Another item that may have been better set up in the 1st book is the religious aspects, but to me just seemed sort of
Michele Minor
In the second book in her On The Runway series we see both Paige and Erin Forrester go to New York City for fashion week. Before they leave for New York they interview local designers, including a green designer. She also includes some of the girls from her Carter House series in this book where fans from that series can check in to see what those characters are doing. This book still has the Christian message in it, which keeps the series from being superficial which shows up in young adult boo ...more
Amber Vranich
Won this in a drawing, this is the first teen christian book I read. It had nice messages about not being selfish, praying, and facing obstacles. Erin, the camera girl was the main character who I really liked, it's just that reading it there wasn't really a clear story on what was going on, no specific instance or conflict that you were waiting to get resolved...then at the very end a few traumatic things happen, it gets dealt with properly and then it's the end.

It's an okay book, and has a goo
Kyrsten
This book did better than I was expecting it to. I feel like it would have been better if I had read the first one, but I'm a college kid short on money, aren't we all. Anyway I thought the book was a fast read and really not that bad at all. I think that maybe there was just too much drama, but it is a book about fashion, TV, and young people so I suppose that is to be expected.

**I won this book in a First-Reads Giveaway. My review is a reflection of my honest opinion and is not influenced by t
Claire Flanagan
Absolute rubbish. Stopped reading it.
Anne
The second in the cute, uncomplicated On the Runway series. The Forrester sisters surprise TV hit Thames them to New York for fashion week where there score many interviews, fashion shows, and clothes. The girls run into problems w/friends and boyfriends, they must adjust to changes with their mom, and Erin balances questions of where God wants her.

A quick easy read...and yet I am interested in finding out what happens with the sisters and their TV fame.
Alsie
Im not reading these books in order at all. This is my second On the Runaway book (I read the third book, Rendezvous first)

I didn't find this as interesting as Rendezvous, but it was still a pretty good book to read. But since I'd read Rendezvous already, I kinda already knew what would happen in some of the scenes. It didn't ruin the book completely though.
So yeah, I guess that's all I gotta say.
Alana
I wasn't... disappointed with this book per say, I mean, I loved it, but I thought the summary for it was WAY off. On the back of the book it said that it was about Paige and Erin's struggles with Erin wanting to feature more eco-friendly designers, but it wasn't. There were like 2 chapters devoted to that. If anything, it was about New York fashion week and how Erin discovers that fashion isn't that bad.
Amber
Oct 02, 2011 Amber rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: christian ya fans, people who like fashion
Shelves: first-reads, ya
I received this book for free as a goodreads first reads book. I thought it was a nice story. The characters were pretty likable. It would have been easy to make the characters shallow, but they weren't. The characters were also Christians, but weren't preachy about it. I thought that was nicely done. One sister was following her dream, the other remained true to herself.
Wendy
This book was terribly boring. I have absolutely no interest in fashion and that was all this book was about. There was no exciting character development or conflict; nothing to entice the reader. I had a difficult time finishing this book, but I felt an obligation to because I won it in a giveaway. Maybe if I had some interest in fashion I would have liked it better..
$hanel
Catwalk is the sequence to Premiere. In the second book Paige and Erin are facing more DRAMA. This time the girls are off to New York for fashion week and Paige is the primma donna once again. Erin is going as the camera girl like always. But, in Catwalk can the two girls grow MORE closer or not? or will fashion week in New York be a big wreck?
Lisa Paterson
Free Kindle book.

This is more young adult / teen fiction. I read another free book buy this author and it wasn't bad, but this one has a much more blatant Christian preaching tone that the other. If they pulled that out, it would be a more entertaining series.

I don't think I'll read anything else by this author.
Cassandra
I loved the second novel very good had me tearing at parts and frustrated at other's but all in all very good, I've know I said this before but love this little new series I've picked up going buy it soon!
Alex
This is a cute, fluffy series. I'm not huge into fashion but I do enjoy the storyline of the reality television show. I am wondering how the ending of this is going to change the series!
Vivian
Its another interesting novel by Melody Carlson. Love how she leave discussion question at the end!

The story is interesting and entertaining! Can't wait to read the next sequel (;
Sarah Beth
This is a GoodReads First Reads Giveaways review. This was an ok book, I feel like the characters were a little underdeveloped and predictable but overall not a bad read.
Anna
Sep 10, 2011 Anna added it
Okay this gets 3 and a half stars It was good i could bearely get throught the first one but the second one was definitely worth having to get throught premiere.
I liked this book much better than the first in the series as it didn't feel so much like an episode of The Hills. No real life lesson besides don't drink. A fun read.
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #1)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • A Bridge to the Stars
  • Love Will Keep Us Together (Miracle Girls, #4)
  • Alis
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • A Vote of Confidence (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • The Big Five-OH!
  • Cool Beans (Maya Davis, #1)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)