Start by marking “Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger

Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger (The Westmorelands #1, 17)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  521 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Two Westmoreland novels—one classic and one new—from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Brenda Jackson

Delaney's Desert Sheikh

A mix-up in Delaney Westmoreland's vacation plans forces her to share a cabin with a tall, dark and oh-so-handsome sheikh who is bent on her seduction. Jamal Ari Yasir intends to school Delaney in sensuality for his o
Published December 22nd 2009 by Harlequin Kimani (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped in Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped in Pleasure

Sassafrass
It's not my usual brand of romance (read...erotica), but both stories were very good. The chemistry between the H/h is both stories was palpable. This is my second story by Brenda Jackson, the first beingIrresistible Forces, which was a kindle freebie, and I haven't been disappointed with either.

I like that Ms. Jackson writes stories about African-American characters that are educated, don't use slang for every word, and aren't perpetuating every racial stereotype in the book.

I believe that I wi
Shawnette
ALL I can say is put me on the next plane to Tahran and/or Mowaiti...I'm off to find me a Sheikh of my own...LOL...Mrs. Jackson has done it AGAIN...I was TOTALLY wrapped up in the PLEASURE of Monty & Jo's INTENSELY passionate mutual attraction...and if you have NEVER read Delaney's Desert Sheikh then you are in for two HOT & SPICY delightful treats...WARNING: Have man or ICE WATER at hand ;-)
Freda mans
What a hot story! There was no lack of romance in this book. It was so hot, I felt my own temperature rising. The characters were fun, and I enjoyed the bringing together of two cultures. There were so many good points to this book, and am happy that I am continuing with the next in the series, Seduced by a Stranger.
A very entertaining read, for any romance lover out there!! Definitely on my recommendation list!
Nova
There are 2 stories in this book written by Brenda Jackson.

"Delaney's Desert Sheikh"
Delaney Westmoreland is looking forward to going on her vacation. She arrives at her vacation cottage and finds out there is someone else there. Sheikh Jamal Ari Yasir is handsome and sensual. He makes plans to seduce her and they end up sharing their vacation destination. When the vacation ends, will he decide to keep her in his life and in his arms for good?

"Seduced by a Stranger"
Johari Yasir is due to marry a
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Wrapped in Pleasure is the second book that I've read by Brenda Jackson. This book contains two novels/stories - Delaney's Desert Sheikh and Seduced by a Stranger. I enjoyed reading both stories due to the fact that the main characters were African American and Middle Eastern. There aren't many romance novels that feature African American women. And I've never read a romance novel where the main male characters are of Middle Eastern descent. Both stories were quick easy reads. The leading women ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: GOOD
Intimacy Level: GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD

5 STAR

Deleany's story, that book never gets old to me and I always love reading the coming together of both characters. This is a very engaging story and the way the characters are developed throughout the book. I also have to say the introduction of Thorn, Delaney's brother, in the book soooooooooooooo sexy as well as all her brothers make for a good book and start a wonderful series.

4 STARS

Seduced by a stranger, now I love this book but not the pas
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
My first introduction to the Westmoreland clan was Delaney's story and there is much note taking taking place. Delaney knows what she wants and she has worked hard to make those choices for herself. Now, she takes it all in and runs with it not matter the consequences.

Johari Yasir is young, head strong and not ready to return to her homeland to marry a man she's never me. Now steps in her idea of sowing some wild oats first and maybe getting a little experience to take to her new husband. Rashee
Lenlyn01
Seduced by a stranger was good but unrealistic she went away with a mere stranger and had sex with him not knowing she was suppose to be married to another I don't know if that was a smart thing to do but it was a good fantasy. Thats what I love about it sometimes you wanna read something thats just perfect in every way. Foe entertainment purposes. I would say that for sure. The desert Sheikh was a good read as well very entertaining I'm glad to still hear tidbits about the characters in each bo ...more
Monica
Delaney's Desert Sheikh
This story was cute and charming. I love Delaney's 'take no crap' attitude and I adore these two characters together. Very good story, really not much more to say. This is my first foray into arabesque romance, and I quite liked it, very steamy.

Seduced by a Stranger

This story was also cute but I definitely Johari risked way to much by running off on her own and leaving with a complete stranger, she is lucky it turned out to be who it was. This one was cute and charming as
Chelsea
Okay.. "Delaney's Desert Sheikh" and "Seduced by a Stanger" were both short, sweet and wonderful reads. I underestimated the power of the Sheikhs in both their rulings and their mastery of seduction. I admire the fact that both Johari and Delaney are strong willed women who are not submissive to all the likes and expectations of a man. Both Rasheed and Jamal have found that love comes before duty and in Monty's case, they can be a package deal. I can't wait to read the rest of the Westmorelands! ...more
Marina
I was thrilled to get my hands on the 1st story in the Westmoreland series. I am not a new fan of Mrs. Jackson but I am a new fan to this series. Her writing is so passionate that I can never put her books down. You can really feel the chemistry from her characters which makes it easy to fall in love with each one of her alpha men. Her books make me laugh, sigh, and bring me satisfaction at the end of the story. I hope to continue to read her books for many more years!
Tanya Mayes
2nd review - These are two of my favorite books in both the Westmoreland and Madaris's series. I love me some Sheikhs. They are both beautiful love stories with strong alpha males. The love scenes are hot and sexy. I first read these books January 25, 2013. But in reading the Madaris Family and Friends I felt the need to revisit. Must read!!!

1st review - Love both stories. They a both a must read. I laugh so much I think I will read them again.
Cynthia
A Very Good Book and Read!!!!
Tameka
Not my favorite by this author, book 1 Delaneys Desert Sheikh was a very good read. However book 2, Seduced by a Stranger, I found to be hard to get through, it didn't capture my attention like most of her books. I needed more of a story line like most of the other books I've read from this author, instead there was too much sex which for me made it boring until about the last two chapters
Karen
I only read Seduced by a Stranger to go along with the Madaris. Monty sure played a cleverr trick on Johari because she did not report back to her country in order to start making wedding preparations to become his wife. He thought that she would teach her a lesson, it in the end he learned one and they both fell in love. A very intriguing love story.
Deava101
This is one hot read! Never have i enjoy sheikh stories until this book...I enjoyed both stories from beginning to end. There were parts in the book that had be laughing out loud. Especially the seductions at the cabin in Delaney's story and Johari's rebellious ways
Lavonda Talbert
This book was divided in two different stories but the same premise. It was about love between Arab and African-American. A good love story between a man and a woman who fight the odds of different religions and different racial backgrounds.
Karen
Once again Brenda Jackson does not let you down in the field of ROMANCE. As you can see this is a double header with a flavor of sheikhs and queens with all the riches, private ISLANDS, and not having a care in the world.
Taz Will
Loved both books with these powerful men. I couldn't believe how Delaney stepped out of her box and went after what she wanted. Then with Johari taking her life in her own hands it was just great.
Brooke
I was looking for something in the romance department, easy reading. It was definitely that, little cheesy and smutty. Not the most well written book I've ever read, it was ok.
Crissi
Delaney's Desert Sheikh - ***
Seduced By A Stranger - *****
Sharon
Very good read.
RUBY
RUBY marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Dariana
Dariana marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Joyce Black
Joyce Black marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Body Heat
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • The Bad Boys Of Capitol Hill
  • Kiss of Ice (St. James Family #1)
  • Christmas Wishes, Valentine Kisses: Unwrapped & Cupid's Mistake in One Volume
  • Very Private Duty
  • Gents 4 Ladies

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Chase Is On (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (Silhouette Desire #1778) (The Westmoreland Series)
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)