Start by marking “Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger

Wrapped in Pleasure: Delaney's Desert Sheikh / Seduced by a Stranger (The Westmorelands #1, 17)

Two Westmoreland novels—one classic and one new—from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Brenda Jackson

Delaney's Desert Sheikh

A mix-up in Delaney Westmoreland's vacation plans forces her to share a cabin with a tall, dark and oh-so-handsome sheikh who is bent on her seduction. Jamal Ari Yasir intends to school Delaney in sensuality for his own pleasure. But ins
Published December 22nd 2009 by Harlequin Kimani (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped in Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped in Pleasure

Sassafrass
Mar 13, 2010 Sassafrass rated it really liked it
It's not my usual brand of romance (read...erotica), but both stories were very good. The chemistry between the H/h is both stories was palpable. This is my second story by Brenda Jackson, the first beingIrresistible Forces, which was a kindle freebie, and I haven't been disappointed with either.

I like that Ms. Jackson writes stories about African-American characters that are educated, don't use slang for every word, and aren't perpetuating every racial stereotype in the book.

I believe that I wi
Shawnette
Jan 15, 2010 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
ALL I can say is put me on the next plane to Tahran and/or Mowaiti...I'm off to find me a Sheikh of my own...LOL...Mrs. Jackson has done it AGAIN...I was TOTALLY wrapped up in the PLEASURE of Monty & Jo's INTENSELY passionate mutual attraction...and if you have NEVER read Delaney's Desert Sheikh then you are in for two HOT & SPICY delightful treats...WARNING: Have man or ICE WATER at hand ;-)
Freda Labianca
Dec 22, 2009 Freda Labianca rated it it was amazing
What a hot story! There was no lack of romance in this book. It was so hot, I felt my own temperature rising. The characters were fun, and I enjoyed the bringing together of two cultures. There were so many good points to this book, and am happy that I am continuing with the next in the series, Seduced by a Stranger.
A very entertaining read, for any romance lover out there!! Definitely on my recommendation list!
Maura
Nova
Mar 18, 2015 Nova rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
There are 2 stories in this book written by Brenda Jackson.

"Delaney's Desert Sheikh"
Delaney Westmoreland is looking forward to going on her vacation. She arrives at her vacation cottage and finds out there is someone else there. Sheikh Jamal Ari Yasir is handsome and sensual. He makes plans to seduce her and they end up sharing their vacation destination. When the vacation ends, will he decide to keep her in his life and in his arms for good?

"Seduced by a Stranger"
Johari Yasir is due to marry a
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Wrapped in Pleasure is the second book that I've read by Brenda Jackson. This book contains two novels/stories - Delaney's Desert Sheikh and Seduced by a Stranger. I enjoyed reading both stories due to the fact that the main characters were African American and Middle Eastern. There aren't many romance novels that feature African American women. And I've never read a romance novel where the main male characters are of Middle Eastern descent. Both stories were quick easy reads. The leading women ...more
Alexsa Ceasar
Sep 05, 2016 Alexsa Ceasar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I love romance novels, this being one of many that I enjoyed.
She portrayed each character so well, that I could vividly picture exactly how each of them would look. BJ has written a long time, her first story being released a year after I was born and I've gone and read that story at least a few dozen times LOL. This overall was a great romance, and not to mention the chemistry was HOT HOT HOT! She definitely made me want to jump on a plane and go and find my own Sheikh!
xoxo
Cherry-Ann
Jan 02, 2016 Cherry-Ann rated it it was ok
This was truly a work of fiction. BJ created these strong sounding women with all these principles and stance who all crumbled when faced with a few biceps and triceps. A bit disappointing. Light read for a lazy afternoon. Had to recheck the publication date to ensure it really was written in the 20th century. A very naive take on romance but then I'm an ole cynic who's been bitten a few times.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: GOOD
Intimacy Level: GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD

5 STAR

Deleany's story, that book never gets old to me and I always love reading the coming together of both characters. This is a very engaging story and the way the characters are developed throughout the book. I also have to say the introduction of Thorn, Delaney's brother, in the book soooooooooooooo sexy as well as all her brothers make for a good book and start a wonderful series.

4 STARS

Seduced by a stranger, now I love this book but not the pas
Latashia Martin
Dec 07, 2015 Latashia Martin rated it it was amazing
Seduced by a Stranger was the most riveting and complex of the entire Westmoreland series up until this point. Brenda Jackson took a turn from the ordinary fairytale storyline to one of intense frustration and excitement all in one. The complexities of love and control are more than present in this book. In one word, outstanding
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
My first introduction to the Westmoreland clan was Delaney's story and there is much note taking taking place. Delaney knows what she wants and she has worked hard to make those choices for herself. Now, she takes it all in and runs with it not matter the consequences.

Johari Yasir is young, head strong and not ready to return to her homeland to marry a man she's never me. Now steps in her idea of sowing some wild oats first and maybe getting a little experience to take to her new husband. Rashee
Lenlyn01
Aug 28, 2012 Lenlyn01 rated it it was amazing
Seduced by a stranger was good but unrealistic she went away with a mere stranger and had sex with him not knowing she was suppose to be married to another I don't know if that was a smart thing to do but it was a good fantasy. Thats what I love about it sometimes you wanna read something thats just perfect in every way. Foe entertainment purposes. I would say that for sure. The desert Sheikh was a good read as well very entertaining I'm glad to still hear tidbits about the characters in each bo ...more
Jamila Johnson
Feb 26, 2016 Jamila Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seduced by a Stranger

Flawless read.....I loved it! Normally I can always find at least one critique, but I adored this one completely! Must read
MissyT
Mar 10, 2016 MissyT rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! Loved both stories. Amazing reads.
Monica
Dec 10, 2010 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Delaney's Desert Sheikh
This story was cute and charming. I love Delaney's 'take no crap' attitude and I adore these two characters together. Very good story, really not much more to say. This is my first foray into arabesque romance, and I quite liked it, very steamy.

Seduced by a Stranger

This story was also cute but I definitely Johari risked way to much by running off on her own and leaving with a complete stranger, she is lucky it turned out to be who it was. This one was cute and charming as
Chelsea
Nov 14, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Okay.. "Delaney's Desert Sheikh" and "Seduced by a Stanger" were both short, sweet and wonderful reads. I underestimated the power of the Sheikhs in both their rulings and their mastery of seduction. I admire the fact that both Johari and Delaney are strong willed women who are not submissive to all the likes and expectations of a man. Both Rasheed and Jamal have found that love comes before duty and in Monty's case, they can be a package deal. I can't wait to read the rest of the Westmorelands! ...more
Marina
May 15, 2010 Marina rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to get my hands on the 1st story in the Westmoreland series. I am not a new fan of Mrs. Jackson but I am a new fan to this series. Her writing is so passionate that I can never put her books down. You can really feel the chemistry from her characters which makes it easy to fall in love with each one of her alpha men. Her books make me laugh, sigh, and bring me satisfaction at the end of the story. I hope to continue to read her books for many more years!
Rebeca Martinez
Sep 22, 2015 Rebeca Martinez rated it liked it
Definitely want to continue to read the Westmoreland series!!!
Tanya Mayes
Jul 30, 2014 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-kimani
2nd review - These are two of my favorite books in both the Westmoreland and Madaris's series. I love me some Sheikhs. They are both beautiful love stories with strong alpha males. The love scenes are hot and sexy. I first read these books January 25, 2013. But in reading the Madaris Family and Friends I felt the need to revisit. Must read!!!

1st review - Love both stories. They a both a must read. I laugh so much I think I will read them again.
Cynthia
Jan 26, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
A Very Good Book and Read!!!!
Tameka
Sep 11, 2011 Tameka rated it it was ok
Not my favorite by this author, book 1 Delaneys Desert Sheikh was a very good read. However book 2, Seduced by a Stranger, I found to be hard to get through, it didn't capture my attention like most of her books. I needed more of a story line like most of the other books I've read from this author, instead there was too much sex which for me made it boring until about the last two chapters
Karen
Aug 04, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
I only read Seduced by a Stranger to go along with the Madaris. Monty sure played a cleverr trick on Johari because she did not report back to her country in order to start making wedding preparations to become his wife. He thought that she would teach her a lesson, it in the end he learned one and they both fell in love. A very intriguing love story.
Deava101
May 01, 2012 Deava101 rated it it was amazing
This is one hot read! Never have i enjoy sheikh stories until this book...I enjoyed both stories from beginning to end. There were parts in the book that had be laughing out loud. Especially the seductions at the cabin in Delaney's story and Johari's rebellious ways
Lavonda Talbert
Mar 08, 2010 Lavonda Talbert rated it really liked it
This book was divided in two different stories but the same premise. It was about love between Arab and African-American. A good love story between a man and a woman who fight the odds of different religions and different racial backgrounds.
Karen
Jun 21, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Once again Brenda Jackson does not let you down in the field of ROMANCE. As you can see this is a double header with a flavor of sheikhs and queens with all the riches, private ISLANDS, and not having a care in the world.
Taz Will
Jun 06, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
Loved both books with these powerful men. I couldn't believe how Delaney stepped out of her box and went after what she wanted. Then with Johari taking her life in her own hands it was just great.
Brooke
I was looking for something in the romance department, easy reading. It was definitely that, little cheesy and smutty. Not the most well written book I've ever read, it was ok.
Crissi
Jan 14, 2011 Crissi rated it really liked it
Delaney's Desert Sheikh - ***
Seduced By A Stranger - *****
Jeanette Brown
Dec 05, 2012 Jeanette Brown rated it it was amazing
great book
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Body Heat
  • Very Private Duty
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • The Arrangement
  • His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)