Start by marking “Gone (Dream Catcher, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gone (Dream Catcher, #3)

Gone (Wake #3)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  25,695 Ratings  ·  1,885 Reviews
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stran
Audio CD
Published February 9th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Tatiana
Apr 24, 2009 Tatiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only hardcore fans who are not afraid to be disappointed
Didn't want to believe negative reviews, but alas, the book IS actually bad.

My opinion doesn't have anything to do with the ending, even though so many are upset about it, but rather with the fact that the novel is just simply badly written. Who would have thought that McMann, a master of succinct and intense writing, can cook up a book which, with its 214 pages, seems so overlong, pointless and emotionless? Who would have thought I'd have to skim over some pages to be finally done with it?

There
Katieb (MundieMoms)
I loved it! I won't say more and post any spoilers other than I think Lisa did a great job with they way the series finished off. And no, that's not giving anything away. All I can say is that those who loved Wake and Fade need to pre-order it now.

GONE is about Janie's journey into figuring out more of who she is as a dream catcher and finding more out about herself. She'll learn about how she got her abilities as she finds out more about the man who's dreams she keeps getting sucked into, as
Flannery

Now, I'm not saying that length and quality are completely connected. (they're definitely not) All I am saying here is that the entire Dream Catcher series is shorter than many adult novels and is half the length of some middle grade series. There just isn't much going on--and there wasn't enough substance for me. Sure, I enjoyed the writing. Sure, I thought the story was interesting. But when it came to writing a review, I felt like there just wasn't enough. This series is the first where I jus
Heather
Apr 30, 2009 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2010
*Note* don’t read this if you want to avoid spoilers.

I will begin by stating that I was not expecting this series to improve. I loved Wake and Fade to the point where I would have been content, nay, delighted, if I simply got more of the same in Gone. Much to my dismay, Gone fails in comparison to both its predecessors.

Beef number one. Like Wake and Fade, Gone is told in the present tense from Janie’s point of view, but unlike the previous two books of the series, there is no crime solving subpl
Rosanne
Feb 11, 2010 Rosanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kind of dissapointed in this one. After such a long wait, and a real appreciation for the first two, I expected more. I love the writing style and the characters in this series, but this book did not really advance the overall plot and both Janie and Cabel are not very likable here. They seem to have taken steps back instead of forward, which I understand is part of life sometimes, but it seems a strange choice for the conclusion to a series.

Janie is miserable almost all the time in this book,
Katie
Feb 17, 2010 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is super short - a bit over 200 pages - and there is just not that much that actually happens. A lot of characterization but not much plot. What IS there is good, but I felt like it could have been so much better.

The storyline of Janie finding her father felt more like a subplot than the complete plot. I think the book would have been 5 stars if, like in the first two books, there had been a mystery or crime to solve, with this plot about her family and her future woven into it. If th
Jacqui
Oct 01, 2009 Jacqui rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I'm finding it to be more and more common for YA series to end poorly. It seems like Lisa McMann, like a few other authors, got sloppy by the third book and stopped trying, because she knew that anyone who loved the first 2 books, would automatically want to read this one! Well, don't waste your time! I suggest reading some of the spoiler reviews instead.

The concept was there.. but it was the kind of book that I wanted to skim through to get to the point. This book has WAY too much "poor me.. my
kari
Apr 11, 2009 kari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2010, 5-star
Great ending to a terrific series.
This final story about Janie, the dreamcatcher, and Cabel, the boy who loves her, doesn't disappoint. This one doesn't have the crime plotline of the first two books, but instead deals with the mystery of Janie's past and future. Her choices are even more devastating than she thought they were and she perpares to make heartbreaking choices.
We get to know a little about Janie's father and small bits about her mother as well. The time stamps on each section works
Temi Panayotova
Jan 29, 2016 Temi Panayotova rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Историята завърши интересно - макар, че така и не разбрах, какво точно избира - може би освен да живее нормално и да се опита да помага на хората чрез способността си. Като цяло не толкова лоша поредица - разбира се можеше и повече, но явно така е била замислена. :)
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next (and last) in the series.

Summary: Janie has been left with a decision to make about her future and concentrates on making that decision. However, a wrench is thrown into her contemplations when her never before known father shows up in ICU causing her alcoholic mother to go off the deep end and add a twist to her previous choice. Now she must decide which is lesser of two evils.

Comments: Right of the bat I'll say this was rather disappointing. For a good portion of the b
Darkfallen
This is definately my favorite in the series. With every book I felt that hole of despair building in my chest, only to never actually break. While each book was a good fast read, it just never seemed to take that leap that I needed.

The tears just never quite made it.

And then......Yep yep thats right I CRIED!!! I finally broke, and I welcomed every tear.

This book just seemed to go a little deeper. While the first two stayed relitively close to the surface, this one dived straight down. The emo
Carie
Feb 10, 2010 Carie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the strangest trilogies I've read! Almost seems like each book in the trilogy is from a different genre, though each has the same main characters and core situations. The first book is like a paranormal/fantasy romance, the second a detective thriller, and the third is like a teen social issues book. I didn't like the third book as much as the other two (I liked the first one best), though I still read it in record time. Kind of a maudlin and depressing book, dealing more with fam ...more
Chichipio
Reading this book took no time at all. Especially because I picked it up right after finishing Fade so, besides it being so short, since the story continues almost without interruption, there wasn't any need to slow down at the beginning.

Before anything else, let's get something out of the way: the meat of the trilogy is in Fade. The ending there could (should?) have been that of the whole series. This one reads like a long epilogue, revisiting and reaffirming some decisions that had already bee
Stephanie
I wasn't thinking much when I first opened up Gone. I read Wake and Fade much too long ago to remember anything but the main details of the books. There must have been something I liked about those books, since I had Gone on my list of "to-reads", but unfortunately, Gone did not help me figure out why I had it on my list.

Lisa McMann's style of writing is unique and very different from what I'm used to reading. I find nothing wrong with the style in her previous two books, but it irked me for som
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lesley for TeensReadToo.com

In the final installment of Lisa McMann's DREAM CATCHER trilogy, Janie finds herself in a dilemma a little closer to home.

Janie receives a phone call that her mother is in the hospital. Once there, she discovers it is not her mother that needs help, but a mysterious man in a coma who seems to be calling to her from his dreams.

By her side is her boyfriend, Cabel, who tries to help her as much as he can. When he starts to have terrifying dreams, Janie becomes
Rita
Depois direi mais coisas sobre o livro no vídeo das leituras de Março.
Foge foi meio "Hum..." , não estou desiludida nem fascinada. Foi normal , percebi tudo aquilo que ía acontecer, além disso o final foi meio "meeeh" foi fraquinho, tal como havia dito, preferia que o segundo livro (Teme) fosse o último da série... But that's okay, este final foi okay, não foi péssimo mas também não foi maravilhoso, foi aquilo que eu já estava a prever.
Andis/Slytherin
Not very satisfied with how this ended. But okay.
Olivia
Shelves: 2010
Connie Harrison
Krystle
Jan 09, 2010 Krystle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think I distanced myself from this book for long enough. And my only words can be, "what the hell happened?" What happened to the wonderful fast paced plots that had me on the edge of my seat? What happened to all the characters I fell in love with? Well, they were "gone", how appropriately named this book is.

The majority ends up being some major angsty emo-fest between Janie and Cabel. The reason why I loved their relationship in the beginning because they were able to work through their past
Arlene
Gone by Lisa McMann marks the final installment to the Wake Series. It was bitter-sweet to finish this book, as I was excited to continue with Janie and Cabel’s journey, but very sad to see it come to a close. This book was somewhat different than the first two as I saw a shift in Janie’s character. From the narrative and her reaction to various situations, I sensed an edge and frustration that she kept concealed in the first two books.

It was great to see Cabel as he’s always been; supportive,
Lori (Pure Imagination)
Aug 16, 2009 Lori (Pure Imagination) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lori (Pure Imagination) by: grumpybear17@msn.com
This is one of the most incredible series that I have ever read. It's simple creativity is genius. While I enjoyed Wake and Fade more than this book I still think it was a great ending to a great series.
It's hard to talk about this book without spoiling Wake and Fade for people that haven't read them. By the way, if you haven't read them: What are you waiting for!!?

This book is full of Janie's turmoil. She has to decide. But both of her options are equally terrible. At least that is what she thi
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This was exctremely sad, and often bittersweet, and it took me in some surprising directions, and some obvious directions.

Janie really carried the world on her shoulders, and even when she thought she'd found the perfect solution to her little problem, she realized that the fork was a lot worse than what she had thought in the beginning. And really good for her that Cabe was always so patient!

Captain was great, a real mother-figure for Janie, and my goodness, did she need one.

The end was bitters
Phoebe
Lauren Jacobson
Dec 15, 2015 Lauren Jacobson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Dreaming and Dying
Ow. My heart hurts.

I think I even cried. I think. During the funeral, I think I cried.

My heart hurts.
➵Nerd♡

In a way I liked this book better than the first two. It was kind of depressing and it bothered me how much the author said "you know?" But whatever my odd pet peeve. The ending was pretty sad but hopeful at the same time, a good read still an odd series though
Tina
Jun 18, 2010 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, 2010, fantasy, ya
Original post at One More Page

I thought I reviewed the first two books in the Dream Catcher series on my personal blog, but I was mistaken, so the review of the third book would have to have some kind of recap of the first two.

The Dream Catcher series by Lisa McMann is about Janie Hannagan, who has the strange ability to get into other people's dreams. The series deals with Janie and dealing with her strange ability, the people around her, her relationships and the uses of her powers. In the fir
Danielle (Love at First Page)
If you look at the number of ratings Lisa McMann's books have, it's really not fair of me to call her underrated, but that's just what I'm going to do. I rarely see her books discussed or even reviewed by my blogger friends, which is a shame because I have a soft spot for them. Not just the books in this series, but those in her Visions series, too. She has a very unusual writing style - fragments are frequently used, language is at its bare minimum, dialogue is crisp and effortless. It may take ...more
Young Adult Book ...: Gone 9 51 Feb 26, 2012 09:29PM
WHO WILL DIE?????? 27 109 Feb 26, 2012 12:15PM
  • Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
  • Fearscape (The Devouring, #3)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • The Broken Lake (The Pace #2)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • The Back Door of Midnight (Dark Secrets, #5)
  • Jekel Loves Hyde
  • My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5)
  • Bleeding Violet
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
  • Sleepless
  • Blue Fire (Healing Wars, #2)
  • Angel Star (Angel Star, #1)
  • Sea (Sea #1)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (the new UNWANTEDS QUESTS series begins Feb 7, 2017) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, INFINITY RING: The Trap Door, and the GOING WILD trilogy (book 2 coming autumn 2017).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamc
More about Lisa McMann...

Wake (3 books)
  • Wake (Wake, #1)
  • Fade (Wake, #2)

“Hey Cabe?" she says, drying her hair, feeling refreshed. Grinning. Putting all thoughts but one aside for the moment. "You wanna go get Jimmy a raincoat and we'll take care of you?"
Cabel looks at her.
Turns his head and narrows his eyes.
Who the hell is Jimmy?”