Voice of the Eagle (Kwani, #2)

Voice of the Eagle (Kwani #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,375 ratings  ·  37 reviews
In VOICE OF THE EAGLE, Linda Lay Shuler continues her Time Circle Quartet as Kwani, "She Who Remembers," her mate Tolonqua and their newborn son begin their trek to Cicuye, Tolonqua's home.

Cicuye is a pueblo city, an outpost where desert canyons meet the verdant buffalo range. Danger lurks there, for marauding tribes prey on the village with savage ferocity.

Kwani and Tolon...more
Published September 1st 1993 by Signet (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Eagle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Eagle

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. AuelThe Valley of Horses by Jean M. AuelThe Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. AuelThe Plains of Passage by Jean M. AuelThe Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel
Best Pre-History Fiction
17th out of 145 books — 208 voters
Two Rivers by Zoe SaadiaMother Earth Father Sky by Sue HarrisonShe Who Remembers by Linda Lay ShulerPeople of the Wolf by W. Michael GearSacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo
Native American Novels
6th out of 53 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Danny
I say again....Linda Lay Shuler is a wizard of words!! Love this series and looking forward to the last in the series starting today!!!
Suzy Verkade
5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OUTSTANDING!
Reading this giant 700 page masterpiece was a GIFT! It was a beautiful blessing just to get so wrapped up in this story.....and I am so excited for book # 3 in the series to arrive at my house....I ordered it online....I think this is the greatest book series that has ever been written and I will be reccommending it to people until I can no longer talk. : )

Book one is: She Who Remembers
Book 2 is: Voice of The Eagle......and it is even more outstanding and whirlw...more
Melissa
Voice of the Eagle is the second book in Shuler's Kwani series. I would say that this is definitely a series you need to read in order, as it makes reference to characters and events that happen in the previous book. You'd be a little lost if you started out on this one.

Kwani has had her son and become the mate of Tolonqua, a handsome hunting chief. They return to his home where she is mostly welcomed, despite her blue eyes. But not all is well. Tolonqua is the leader of a group that wants to bu...more
Lauren1012
The book started off slowly, and I made the mistake of comparing it to Jean Auel, who in my opinion cannot be surpassed in this genre. I think it took me a bit to get into the flow of the story, which was meandering. I'm not sure if the pace picked up, or I finally settled into it, but after about 200 pages I was immersed in the story (The books is just over 600 page). Kwani's story became the story of her mate, her children, her adopted people. It seemed to be very well researched and well writ...more
Arlene Shulman/Lichtman
Aug 13, 2014 Arlene Shulman/Lichtman rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women and Men
Recommended to Arlene by: Accidentally found the first of series
Second in a three book series that is a remarkable book. The author's research and incredible story telling abilities made this a book you couldn't put down. It has everything in it: family, religion, suspense, sex, action, scenery, possessions (jewelry,etc.). I feel I now know so much about these ancient people and look forward to visiting the ruins.
Lauren Dukes
Great lseries

I have really been enjoying reading this series. I look forward to reading the last book in the trilogy. i
Cheryl Breuning
@cd book just as good as the first. I love how the story just keep going.
Christine Jo
It was a miracle I found book 2 and again, it didn't fail me! :)
Kim
May 11, 2014 Kim added it
This story is expertly written. An Awesome read!! Great author!
Mitzi
I'm glad I decided to continue on with this series, another great read. A lot of time is condensed into this book, which sometimes makes it feel a little rushed, but overall it didn't really hurt the storyline at all. I can understand why she "fast forwarded" through some years...
Annette
I really enjoyed this book by Linda Lay Shuler. I have looked for other books by her in the second hand book stores but haven't found any. If you liked Clan of the Cave Bear you'll love this book and even if you haven't read Clan of the Cave Bear you may love this book because it is a lighter story. It has some magic...the old kind, from back in the 'cave man' type days where they believed the spirits ruled their lives and prayed to all the goods. The main characters are very endearing.
Ann
Great series…hated to see it end.
Kim Vasconez
Feb 18, 2014 Kim Vasconez rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those enjoying pre-historic, Native American or historical fiction books
Fabulous continuation with a rich discussion on the Anasazi, Towa, Pawnee and Apache tribes.. Entire series is worth the read.
Mandy Sherman
If you are looking for a well researched, historical saga this is the series for you. I don't typically read books on American Indians. I really liked the authors writing style. The author kept things very unpredictable.

I was continually shocked at how primitive the American Indians were. The book takes place generations before Europeans came to the Americas but their society was almost frozen in time.
Jess Penhallow
I enjoyed this perhaps even more so than the first book. It was a bit strange the fact that it covered so many years when the first book takes place over just one year but i liked seeing the characters develop as they grew older.
Cathy
Not as good as the first one. Very slow.
Doris
This story continues the adventurous life of Kwani, who is "She Who Remembers" and her now partner, Tolonqua. They both visioned the White Buffalo before becoming partnered and the visions came to fruition when Kwani's son (fathered by Hunting Cheif, Okalake) was born. They took the bison and his hide and now they return to the home of Tolonqua at Cicuye. The date is A.D. 1272.
Nana Kitteh
Early in this second book, it seems that Kwani and her people are having no end of troubles, keep reading. Kwani's story continues along with her family until it's expected end. Good book with more interesting notes on Indian culture.
Molly Amanda
Sep 22, 2008 Molly Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Native culture lovers
Although I enjoyed this book I found myself trudging along until the second half that had more to do with Kwani's children. Perhaps it's because I read the first and second books back to back.
Trailblazer
Couldn't get all the way through it. Devices used over and over became tiring. Good imagery, interesting subject matter to me, otherwise I would never have picked it up or made it as far as I did.
Tamara Koosees
I love this book it was very interesting and left me feeling as though I was watching a movie in my mind each time I opened the pages to read it. My imagination was set free every time!!
Linda
Kwani's story continues. Tolonqua is killed, she mates with Yatosha and she returns to the House of the Sun where she dies.
Jessica
Outstanding historical fiction. More... http://thejourneyoftwo.wordpress.com/...
Kathryn
again a 2nd read. I enjoyed the book very much the 2nd time. I moved right into book 3 when I finished this one.
Deidre
Amazing storytelling. This series has become sacred & cherished on my shelves.
Little Fish
Continuation of "She who Remembers" with Kwani, Tolonqwa and Baby
Wonderful.
Caroline
The sequel to She Who Remembers--I enjoyed it as much as I did the first one.
Shelley Upchurch
Great Book kept me captivated and up until 1:00am quite a few times.
Marci
There are a lot of characters to keep track of, but a good read.
Donna Ippoliti
Never made it past this one but I loved She Who Remembers.
  • Brother Wind
  • The Reindeer Hunters (Reindeer Hunters, #3)
  • The Sacred Stones (The First Americans, #5)
  • People of the Earth (North America's Forgotten Past, #3)
  • The Year the Horses Came
She Who Remembers (Kwani, #1) Let the Drum Speak (Kwani, #3) Kwani l'eletta De roep van de Adelaar