Start by marking “Manga Mania Fantasy Worlds: How to Draw the Enchanted Worlds of Japanese Comics” as Want to Read:
Manga Mania Fantasy Worlds: How to Draw the Enchanted Worlds of Japanese Comics

Manga Mania Fantasy Worlds: How to Draw the Enchanted Worlds of Japanese Comics (Manga Mania)

Manga fantasy is the swords-and-sorcery Japanese animation style featured in the most popular video role-playing games on the market. Best-selling author Christopher Hart’s latest tutorial reveals the secrets and techniques that go into building these worlds of wonder.

An increasingly fashionable style among both digital and traditional animators, manga enjoys unrivaled pop
Published September 1st 2003 by Watson-Guptill

To ask other readers questions about Manga Mania Fantasy Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manga Mania Fantasy Worlds

Meghan Dzurichko
Oct 18, 2016 Meghan Dzurichko rated it it was amazing
I was a little girl when my sister bought this book. I thought it was amazing and it helped me as I started delving into art. I've used it countless times since and it never ceases to help me. While this book is supposed to be about Japanese comics, it holds a lot of American style in it as well and the American/Japanese mix is one of my favorite styles of art. I'm not sure if that's what Christopher Heart intended to do but that's the way I like it.
Sydney
Jan 02, 2009 Sydney rated it really liked it
It was pretty good. They didn't mention the royal family or anything, which disappointed me. I loved the section on fairies.
Aria Eve
Aria Eve rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Booey
Booey rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2009
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Yun
Yun rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2009
Meg B.
Meg B. rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2009
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Nicole Loop
Nicole Loop rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Bwitteart
Bwitteart rated it did not like it
May 06, 2013
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Le
Le rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Susanne
Susanne rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Collin
Collin rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Adinda
Adinda rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Bebo
Bebo rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Rouge Z
Rouge Z rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Katherine62293
Katherine62293 rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2010
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Manisha
Manisha rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2012
Jd Niemi
Jd Niemi rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
May 01, 2013
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was ok
May 04, 2010
Michelle Henebry
Michelle Henebry rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Sheri
Sheri rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014

I started drawing character designs for a small animation studio in San Diego, California, when I was still in High School in Los Angeles. I used to drive 136 miles, each way, on the weekends, when I was 16, just for the opportunity to get paid to draw. Cartooning was a magical experience to me.

I graduated from
More about Christopher Hart...

Manga Mania (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Manga Mania: How to Draw Japanese Comics
  • Manga Mania Bishoujo
  • Manga Mania Chibi and Furry Characters: How to Draw the Adorable Mini-Characters and Cool Cat-Girls of Manga
  • Manga Mania™: Girl Power!: Drawing Fabulous Females for Japanese Comics
  • Manga Mania Magical Girls and Friends: How to Draw the Super-Popular Action Fantasy Characters of Manga
  • Manga Mania Occult & Horror: How to Draw the Elegant and Seductive Characters of the Dark
  • Manga Mania™: Romance: Drawing Shojo Girls and Bishie Boys
  • Manga Mania™: Shonen: Drawing Action-Style Japanese Comics
  • Manga Mania Shoujo: How to Draw the Charming and Romantic Characters of Japanese Comics
  • Manga Mania Villains: How to Draw the Dastardly Characters of Japanese Comics