Start by marking “Sunfire (Pure Wildfire #1)” as Want to Read:
Sunfire (Pure Wildfire #1)

Sunfire (Pure Wildfire #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  445 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Rock meets classical. Paranormal meets mortal. Will anybody get out alive? The members of rock band Pure Wildfire are firebird shape-shifters. Manager John Westfall will sacrifice anything for the power they wield, even his daughter Corinne.Corinne attracts Aidan in a way he's never known before. He'll do anything to release her from Westfall's trap. He offers her marriage ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published March 9th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Sunfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunfire

Stacia (the 2010 club)
LMFO = Laughing my furnace off.

2.5 stars. I'm kind of surprised that I ended up liking Sunfire more than expected, especially considering how plentiful the cheese factor was. And by plentiful, I do mean that a bounty of cheese was bestowed upon me. You bring the wine and we'll feast like kings!

Before I launch into the last few bizarre moments I'd noted (the first several have been listed in my status updates), let's go ahead and talk about the story as a whole.

The first half struggled somewhat w
Lady Lioness
This was a free download via All Romance Ebooks and it worked, dammit, because now I'm taking advantage of their current 50% rebate sale for Ellora's Cave titles and shotgunning the rest of the series. Since I want to get back to reading, I give you a review in list form.

Pros

1. Hero is a firebird shifter, which is hella unique.
2. I am a sucker for romances that involve famous people and both the hero & heroine are renowned musicians.
3. Connolly doesn't attempt to whitewash the 'rich and fam
AnnaBanana
Mar 07, 2011 AnnaBanana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was a huge surprise for me! I had no idea I would love it so much when I bought it! I've read lots of other shape-shifter books before but this one is by far my favorite. The story was really good, and strong. Most shifter books are lacking in the story, at least they are in my opinion but full of sex. But this one had everything and more! I will be reading more from this author, in fact I just bought 2 and 3 from this series!!!!
Carin
Aug 26, 2012 Carin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shifters, a rock band, an evil plot, anti shifter groups and magic! Oh did I forget to mention SMOKING HOT sex scenes! This book (and series) has is all. Lynne Connolly does a great job writing a unique twist on shifters. Her character development is good and the story is well written. I think you will enjoy this novel as well as the other 3 in the series.
Trea
Aug 14, 2014 Trea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
This book was rather interesting, but I found it lacking somewhat too. With it being a full length novel instead of a novella, it didn't lack for plot or world building, something that you don't often see from a book from this publisher. However, what was here was difficult to get through. It felt like the pacing was off, which made parts of the story drag. I wound up reading a couple of other books in the middle of this, which for me is a sure sign something is wrong with the book. Corrine and ...more
Selena Lang
I was a bit wishy washy on this book. I liked the premise, but the writing seemed a bit choppy..the story line did not flow well in my opinion. The characters were interesting enough and I had no real problem reading the whole book... not sure if I will read the rest of the series though.
Beth
Feb 29, 2008 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters. I love the interwoven paranormal elements with the everyday. Can't wait to read about all the band members in forth coming books.
Melanie♥
Dec 27, 2009 Melanie♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising good EC book! This is the first the Pure Wildfire series. I will be on the lookout for the next three in the series.
Pam
Jun 03, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
GoodReads Synopsis: Rock meets classical. Paranormal meets mortal. Will anybody get out alive? The members of rock band Pure Wildfire are firebird shape-shifters. Manager John Westfall will sacrifice anything for the power they wield, even his daughter Corinne.

Corinne attracts Aidan in a way he's never known before. He'll do anything to release her from Westfall's trap. He offers her marriage, but Aidan wants more from Corinne — he wants her heart. And he'll give her his in return.

Classical guit
Jane Stewart
3.5 stars. Erotic reading with a good back-up story about rock and classical guitarists and firebird shape-shifting.

STORY BRIEF:
Corinne is a classical guitarist who wants to explore different directions. Her father is her manager and made her sign a management contract with him that was not in her best interests. She meets Aidan, lead guitarist in the famous rock band Pure Wildfire. They fall for each other. She thinks he sees her as another groupie of the moment, but she still desires him. He f
~E~ Riverina Romantics
3.5 Stars

What a really weird book. No, sorry, that isn't the right word. This story was unique.

I love rock star stories. LOVE THEM. Put me in front of a sexy man strumming a guitar and I will melt into a puddle of my own erotic juices...TMI? Anyway. I love them. But I'm used to contemporary plots, not paranormal. So this was something I had to get my head around, especially when I hadn't read the blurb. I just sighted the rock star cover and dived in.

The paranormal elements were like pretty da
Gail
Jan 23, 2008 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
What can I say about this book first off - I love paranormal romantic suspense - I also love Rock Music. It is an emotional, high impacting story and one that is on my keeper shelf. The characters are well developed and oozed chemistry that smacked the reader right in the face... There is a particular scene in this book that will stay with me for a long long time if not indefinately - I won't spoil by saying what it is but its highly sensual, sexy, emotional scene that had me wishing I was the h ...more
Kukko
I really wanted to like this book....I have a weakness for rockstar romances.

Unfortunately this love story about a shape-shifting rockstar with numerous powers and a talented classical musician (daughter of the rock group's megalomaniac manager) was disappointing. The dialogue was stilted and I just did not care enough.

So, I did not connect with any of the characters and could not get past the shapeshifting into big bird - it just creeped me out (having watched the Alfred Hitchcock classic - Bi
Mandy Saial
This is the first book in the Pure Wildfire series by Lynne Connolly.
I actually wasn't expecting much of a storyline , just a lot of Erotic sex scenes .But this book was actually good .It had an Original and Unique Concept for a storyline and was full of Hott Steamy scenes with Sweaty shape shifting Rockers.
Lets just say it kept me well entertained for a while !!
Donna Hatridge
Apr 19, 2012 Donna Hatridge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded this for the Nook. The story is 597 pages. I really liked the characters in this story and the shape shifting. There is a good storyline that kept me reading. The book is erotica so expect a lot of sex. For me there were a few times when the sex interrupted the story flow. Over all I would like to read more about these band members and shifters.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Sep 11, 2013 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This was a freebie I got awhile back. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it! I liked the firebird aspect (something that isn't done that often at all). The only "confusing" issue for me was the types/brands of guitars, you mean a guitar isn't just a guitar?! I didn't think this didn't took away from the story.
Samie Kauchis
Better then I thought it would be... I don't know why but the beginning didn't sit well with me, I found it a bit boring. Luckily things picked up and the book latched right into me. Not one of the best things I've read, but pretty good none the less. :)
Michelle
Aug 27, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to Lynne Connolly's Department 57 series have read most of the series and they are a great read. Action, romance, erotica and an exciting storyline....actually have re-read this series because a love the characters in it.
Vicki
Oct 27, 2012 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book which I downloaded as a freebie in book nook. After reading it I just had to buy the rest in this series. Absolutely loved the whole series. It has a little bit of everything in it!
Mara
Jan 02, 2012 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, freebies
This is the way EC should go: good reading with a plot and a good (here musical) background. The sex to story ratio is balanced and you actually care for the characters.

Charlie
Jan 08, 2012 Charlie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great read. There is a story mixed in with the smutty (oh so blush worthy smutty). The characters are just fantastic as well as the supporting characters.
Marijee
Jan 22, 2012 Marijee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story. I purchased this on a whim and it took me by surprise. I really liked the characters and the the tale this author told.
Vivian
Avian shifters and music is a great combination. Loved the characters, but the plot went a bit sideways at the end.
Angarad
May 12, 2012 Angarad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Keep you going till the very end.
Veronica~Nhaughty
Right now a FREEBIE!!
Rochelle
Mar 19, 2012 Rochelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!
Katarina Pisarova
3,5 for real
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2016
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • Deliciously Wicked (Dimi of the Seven Moons #1)
  • The Seeking Kiss (Midnight Playground, #1)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • The Surrender of Persephone
  • Lynda's Lace (City Heat, #1)
  • To Tempt a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #2)
  • The Possession
  • Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack, #1)
I was born in Leicester, England, and lived in our cobbler’s shop with my parents and sister. It was an old house and most definitely haunted, but I didn’t find out until I left that my great uncle had hung himself in the living room! But I think our ghost might have been older than that. It was built on the site of the old Roman cemetery, and the land had been constantly inhabited, being in the c ...more
More about Lynne Connolly...

Pure Wildfire (4 books)
  • Icefire (Pure Wildfire, #2)
  • Moonfire (Pure Wildfire, #3)
  • Thunderfire (Pure Wildfire, #4)

“Never judge yourself by the narrow
standards of others. What we do together here is our
business, nobody else's. Never, never doubt what we have
just done is anything but love. Never let yourself be restricted
by thoughts of what society would have you do, what it would
accept or condemn. Please promise me that.”
5 likes
“Connie threw back her head, opened her mouth and cried to the heavens, as every sensation built and exploded inside her, fireworks and waterfalls, starburst and throbbing heat.” 1 likes