Start by marking “Justice League Of America: Injustice League V. 3” as Want to Read:
Justice League Of America: Injustice League V. 3

Justice League Of America: Injustice League V. 3 (Justice League of America Vol. II #3)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  428 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
When Black Canary and Green Arrow announce their marriage, the Justice League are thrilled - but when Lex Luthor and Gorilla Grodd unite the world's greatest villains to form the Injustice League and attack the wedding party, taking most of the Justice League prisoner, only a new and untested hero might be able to save the day.
Published July 24th 2009 by Titan Books (first published June 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Justice League Of America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice League Of America

Leah
Jan 02, 2015 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Well this was my first read of 2015, and although it was a third volume, I don’t think I missed a lot by reading this first. Maybe I did, but I felt like THE INJUSTICE LEAGUE was fine on its own.

So we have Lex being Lex Luthor in all his evil-y goodness, and because I watched the TV show, I felt like I knew where this was going...but this comic was so much more darker than the TV show ever could be, and I was very happy about that.

He’s bringing all the bad guys back together to take over the [po
Anne
I guess this is what was happening behind the scenes before Green Arrow/Black Canary: The Wedding.
It's not a bad way to pass the time, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it, either. Hardcore DC fans will probably really like it.
John Yelverton
Feb 03, 2012 John Yelverton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun addition to this book series, culminating in the wedding we've been waiting for, for years.
Kyra
Jul 26, 2015 Kyra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhero-comics
Quinn Rollins
I like the Justice League. With its frequent roster rotation, who's exactly in the league changes from year to year, but I like it best when the "big guns" are there. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, some kind of Green Lantern, Flash, etc.. As of spring 2011, the roster's quite a bit weaker than that, so I've been going back and reading some of the stories that have been collected in Trade Paperbacks.

A recent favorite is a four-issue story from Dwayne McDuffie and Ed Benes: Justice League of Ame
Brad
Oct 03, 2008 Brad rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm amazed how lenient some reviewers have been with this offering. Sure, the outstanding art warrants a star and there are a few great moments of dialogue between characters (reminiscent of the classic Len Wein/Dick Dillin books of the 70s or Giffen/DeMattieis/MacGuire books of the 80s) which could be worth a second star but the absolute absence of any significant story makes this volume a mere trifle. And with the main story only occupying some 100 pages of the volume (the remaining pages bein ...more
Trey Jackson
Jul 24, 2011 Trey Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superhero
The Good: Dialogue, Batman, Green Lantern, McDuffie is one of the only people who should be allowed to write Firestorm, and his superhero battles are well done (him and Brad Meltzer are good at that).

The Bad: The plot is kind of tired overall, even though a lot of stuff with the villains is very well done. But the characters are fun enough to read that it kind a works.

The Ugly: The bonus stories at the end? Just skip 'em. Tie-ins to some other event thing.

The stuff that's good is so good that if
Jason M Waltz
Yeah, I don't know. Loved the artwork in this one, and the danger oozing off the pages...but it didn't deliver. All the grand plans, the great baddies, and the devious plots and traps, and the heroes win in an easy handful of pages that required only one fellow to get a grasp on his superpowers to make a difference. Had potential, didn't deliver.
Christopher
Sep 27, 2008 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc, jla, own
Now this is what I expected out of a good Justice League book. The book had lots of action and fun scenes with all my favorite heroes and villains duking it out.

I love how the villains are starting to get more and more organized (by putting off their petty differences to work together and beat the JLA). The Green Arrow and Black Canary storyline is also a nice addition to all the action. I have to say that my favorite thing about the JLA volumes so far (particularly this one) is the great use o
Jake
This wasn't a very memorable story, and I feel like it could have been way better than it was. It had so much potential!

A story about all the villains coming together to kill the Justice League sounds like an intense story, but it was way too short. A story like this should have been, I think, at least seven issues long instead of the four or five we got. And, because it was so short, it seemed very rushed and unnatural. That was probably the biggest failure. Also, the backup issues weren't grea
Ned Leffingwell
Nov 08, 2014 Ned Leffingwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun! There is a great panel of Gorilla Grodd holding up Black Canary by the nap of her jacket. There could have been some more focus on the villains' lair, but overall the story delivered on its premise.
Brad
Aug 10, 2009 Brad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, dc
All the negative reviews say this book had a cream puff story line. The thing is, it's a delicious cream puff. Dwayne McDuffie crafts wonderful dialogue--you can't help but love his Joker, Lex Luthor, Black Lightning, and Batman. And the art is pretty nifty, standard superhero stuff. The goal of the Injustice Gang is nebulous and the tactics of dozens of villains against a handful of heroes make little sense--many of the Gang members seem to only occupy the background of splash pages.
It's a fair
Matt Anderson
I picked this up at the library because I typically like stories about a lot of villains teaming together against the good guys. I did not, however, know anything about what was going on in the storyline at the time of its original release. It was an OK read, but it lacked heart. It produced little to no emotion in me, and I wasn't caught up in the story with care for the protagonists. At least the Joker was awesome.

Also, this is the first book I've read with Firestorm in it even though I've he
Timothy Boyd
Feb 04, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always enjoyed the JLA, in all it's various incarnations through the decades. This new modern JLA is a very enjoyable read. Great art and plot make this JLA a great read for an older fan or a perfect place for a new fan. Very recommended
Shane
This was brutal and fun if a bit formulaic. But if the formula works I guess it's okay to repeat it. Though I (REALLY) enjoy women with extremely large breasts, some of the angles and cleavage shots in this book are pretty ridiculous (and gravity defying). If there were really super-heroines that were built like this they wouldn't have to fight the bad guys. They could just stand there and the villains would be so distracted they would forget to protect themselves.
Dan
A decent concept with some great art, but the story could (should) have definitely been a bit longer and involved more villains. Half of those pictured on the wraparound cover weren't even in the story. It does come with a couple of bonus short stories, however, unless you really know all the different story lines that are going on around this story they can be quite confusing. Good, but not great.
Brian Stillman
Jan 03, 2009 Brian Stillman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, read-2009
What a bunch of crap.

Ed Benes is apparently too busy perfecting Black Canary, Vixen, and Wonder Woman's behinds to even attempt to draw any backgrounds (at least fill in artist Joe Benitez tries to pop in walls and desks behind the gals' supersound roundness). The story is 1980s era fisticuffs replete with molecule thin layers of characterization and dull dialogue.

Frank
Nov 09, 2008 Frank rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really not much going on here. All the super villains get together, hatch a plan to take over the world, and *SPOILER ALERT* get thwarted by the good guys. Granted this is part of a bigger story arc, but still. Also shows how far DC has fallen behind Marvel in terms of characters and story.
Cyna
Would have rated higher, because I love McDuffie's characterization and this feels SO MUCH like the Justice League cartoon I grew up with, but...Benes. His art, especially the hyper-sexualization of the heroines, is godawful and works hard to tank McDuffie's otherwise enjoyable work.
A~
Apr 14, 2016 A~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was how DC used to be.
Storylines that contained the whole story, but with hints of stuff that happened before and after.
I had not read any from this run of JLA for a long time and I still did not feel lost, as I often do with the new 52.
Loved the Joker in this one.
Shannon Appelcline
"There's some nice characterization in the first issue, featuring Ollie's bachelor party, but that quickly fades away to three issues of stupid super-villain plot. Sadly, the bonus features, on Tangent and Red Arrow, are considerably more interesting than the main feature."
Angela
Dec 30, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Lots of fun, I even laughed out loud at times. Lots of quipping and verbal word play. Injustice league vs the JLA.
Joe
Nov 05, 2015 Joe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
just okay...
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Joseph Yeary
Joseph Yeary rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Andres
Andres marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Rodel Pontanares
Rodel Pontanares rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Nicolas Castellano
Nicolas Castellano rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
  • Batman Confidential, Vol. 1: Rules of Engagement
  • Superman: Nightwing and Flamebird, Vol. 1
  • Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil
  • Supergirl: Candor
Dwayne McDuffie was an American writer of comic books and television. His notable works included creating the animated series Static Shock, writing and producing the animated series Justice League Unlimited, and co-founding the comic book company Milestone Media.

He co-hosted a radio comedy program, and also wrote under a pseudonym for stand-up comedians and late-night television comedy programs. W
More about Dwayne McDuffie...

Justice League of America Vol. II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Justice League of America, Vol. 1: The Tornado's Path