Blank-133x176
Action

Robert Cort

Action

2.52 of 5 stars 2.52  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  9 reviews
What do you do when your oldest friend, Steve McQueen, pulls out his Smith & Wesson and blows your defenseless dining-room chair to smithereens? Or when your hottest client, sex goddess Romy Schneider, demands you leave your wife for her? Those are just a couple of the dilemmas faced by AJ Jastrow, the fictional protagonist of Action!, Robert Cort’s page-turning saga a...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 1st 2003)

Chris Norbury
If you are a Hollywood movie buff, or a interested in the history of the movie biz during the last half of the 20th century, you'll enjoy this book. I'm neither, although I enjoy a good film as much as the next guy.

I felt the story was a little too "name-droppy"-- real actors, directors, producers, etc., included in the story more for their marquee value than anything else.

No particular era is studied in depth, so it doesn't replace a good historical work about the movie industry, but for those...more
Colleen
May 18, 2007 Colleen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the history of Hollywood
I was going into an interview with the author, so I figured I would read his book first. It actually ended up being a really interesting look at the history of hollywood through the eyes of a fictional hollywood power family.

Every section is a year during a different decade. It starts with the father and how he was working in film right when TV was coming out. Then it skips ahead to his son and the son's family in Hollywood up to the present day. They do everything - even make a fictional movie...more
Anne
Oct 06, 2007 Anne rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Movie people
Well I should preface this by saying that I only read the first 2 chapters of this book. I realized in reading those chapters that even though i like movies i do not like to read about the movie business. It appears that a lot of this book is about the biz which i'm not interested in. So the reason for the 1 star is just because it's just not my topic of interest..
Rebekkila
Jul 21, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Randi
I could not really get into this book. I read the first couple of chapter and was not interested enough to keep going.
Kat Chan
I kept trying to like this, but it's a terrible writing style.
Karen
I was rather disappointed.
Pam West
Pam West marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Heather Maoury
Heather Maoury marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Meagan
Meagan added it
Jan 29, 2013
Shaina Birkhead
Shaina Birkhead marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Jessica Trujilllo
Jessica Trujilllo marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012