The Yeast Connection and Women's Health

The Yeast Connection and Women's Health

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The best-selling guide connecting many women's health problems to an overgrowth of yeast, completely revised and updated
Published October 1st 2005 by Professional Books/Future Health (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Yeast Connection and Women's Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yeast Connection and Women's Health

Katy-Del
reviewed in retrospect July 2009:

I had a health scare in 2007. It was horrible. My body was constantly in pain. I had been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis (cystitis means a bladder infection, but interstitial cystitis means that there is no infection present, jst all the pain and symmptoms.)

When I read this book, I realized that my health problems that could be traced back almost 2 years. I had several respitory infections that triggered my asthma, that were treated with anti biotics and...more
Betsy
Very interesting information about how foods effect the body. After dealing with constant fatigue and just an overall sense of blah, I'm almost positive I have a yeast condition. There is a quiz in Chapter 2 that will help you determine if you are suffering from excess yeast. A score of 180 or above means you are extremely likely to be suffering from yeast overgrowth. I scored a 250. Yikes! I plan on using the suggestions and following the candida diet the book suggests. I highly recommend this...more
T.M. Carper
Women-centric distillation and compilation of Dr. Crook's other writings on yeast minus most of the drawings present in the earlier books. It's fairly updated and has plenty of footnotes and other resources that readers can explore.
Jessie
I also liked this more in depth book by William Crook. This one delves into the woman's body specifically in its relationship with this awful fungus called candida. As I have had much pain and symptoms that relate to my hormonal cycle, the book helped me to connect all that is going on in my body together.
Beth Chandler
Excellent, highly informative and readable guide to dealing with systemic yeast infections. One of the author's virtues is his flexible attitude and his repeated statements that the condition and treatment vary from person to person--something many doctors deny or ignore about diseases.

Mckenna
This book is informative but I'm not sure it is believable. Most people have yeast in their system and that is normal. My GI doctor said not to follow this. I believe him and my sister in law. There is not medical proof behind this book.
Kim
Excellent resource if you suffer from recurring yeast infections, or if you have other symptoms that are unexplained. Anyone with IBS would benefit, because most likely it's a yeast overgrowth.
Autumn
If even some of it is true, it was worth reading. Could change a great deal in terms of diet, supplements, etc.
Darlene Williams
Darlene Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Daniel Popa
Daniel Popa marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jacqueline Campbell
Jacqueline Campbell marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Andrea Vallejos
Andrea Vallejos marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Andrea Vallejos
Andrea Vallejos marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Maggie Mahoney
Maggie Mahoney marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Diana
Diana added it
Jan 05, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Roses
Roses marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Vvvkkk
Vvvkkk marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Received his medical education and training at the University of Virginia, The Pennsylvania Hospital, Vanderbilt and Johns Hopkins. He was a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology and the American Academy of Environmental Medicine and the American Medical Association. He also served as a Visiting Professor at Ohio State University, the...more
More about William G. Crook...
The Yeast Connection: A Medical Breakthrough The Yeast Connection Handbook The Yeast Connection Cookbook: A Guide to Good Nutrition and Better Health Tired So Tired: And the Yeast Connection Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the Yeast Connection: A Get-Well Guide for People with This Often Misunderstood Illness--And Those Who Care for Them