Start by marking “Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Acclaimed knitter, author, designer, and teacher Wendy D. Johnson is back with the perfect sequel to her hit book Socks from the Toe Up. In Toe-Up Socks for Every Body, Wendy shows knitters, whether they’re knitting their first or hundred-and-first sock, how to use the toe-up technique to get the perfect fit. Not only that, she shows you that even seemingly complicated pat ...more
Published March 23rd 2010 by Potter Craft (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Toe-Up Socks for Every Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toe-Up Socks for Every Body

Theresa
Very pretty socks in this book. I read the author's blog and liked one of her other books so I wanted to see this one. Has chapters and accompanying patterns for lace, cable, and colorwork socks. I have not attempting cabling or colorwork yet but am actually working on a pair of lace socks now. Patterns are arranged from easiest to most difficult. Patterns are charted only.

The only thing I wish this book had was more patterned socks that would not have fit into one of the three above categories.
Leslie Jem
Another for the "Someday, when I'm a real sock knitter" list
Fincalian
When I get around to trying socks, I will use this book. When I try toe up socks. I love all the patterns in this book. My only complaint is that there are not great instructions for a toe up beginner. And I'd like to use my DPNs, not circular knitting needles, but all the instructions are for circular needles.
Jackie Fowler
Mar 07, 2012 Jackie Fowler rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sock knitters
Shelves: knitting
The title says it all :-) This follows up the book Socks from the Toe Up. While it's not necessary to read the first book before this one, I'd recommend it for beginning toe-up sock knitters because the first book has sock sample patterns that take you through the different heel styles.
Ifurita
I was so sure I didn't need another sock book, but this one changed my mind. It has some of the best sock patterns I have ever seen. Every page is more beautiful than the last; the author has great taste. I'm really excited about trying out the patterns
Sam
Nov 29, 2013 Sam rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: library
A little out of my depth!!! Maybe leave this one alone for a while til I get some socks under my belt. If you are an accomplished sock knitter, I am sure it will be a very useful companion.
Shawna
This is a nice follow-up to the first toe-up book, but I found that many of the patterns seemed to difficult. It would be great for someone with truly wicked knitting skills, though.
Donna Holmes
I actually preferred her first toe-up sock book, but there were some interesting and pretty patterns in here. If I could give this 3.5 stars, that would be perfect.
Laurel
Appropriately enough, working on the Laurel socks right now. Good book with beautiful sock projects and great photographs. I should get a copy for my library.
Julie
Dec 31, 2013 Julie marked it as knitting
have the box of patterns too
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 28, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: intermediate knitters
Some fantastic patterns and clear instructional sections. I'll be photocopying a lot of these before returning the book to the public library.
Sue
Jul 21, 2011 Sue rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sock knitters
Excellent information and lovely sock patterns, lace and colour-work socks.
Very pretty socks! Another book to add to my growing collection of sock books.
Sue
Socks that are fun to look at.
Gwenyth Love
Gwenyth Love marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kassie
Kassie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Georgina
Georgina marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Ruthie
Ruthie added it
Dec 31, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Mary Jo
Mary Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • More Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Charted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits Wendy Knits Lace: Essential Techniques and Patterns for Irresistible Everyday Lace Wendy Knits: My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn Serpentine Socks: E-Pattern from Socks from the Toe Up (Potter Craft ePatterns) Belle Epoque Thigh Highs and Kneesocks: E-Pattern from Toe-Up Socks for Every Body (Potter Craft ePatterns)