Start by marking “Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)” as Want to Read:
Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)

Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  727 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Pandora and her friends Alcie, Iole, and Homer are practically evil-hunting experts. Jealousy, Vanity, and Laziness are all safely in the box and they already know Lust is lurking on Mount Pelion, so this fourth task should be super easy.

Just one teeny tiny problem: the evil is hiding at a wedding that took place 1,300 years ago. Luckily, the messenger god, Hermes steps in
Published January 5th 2010 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Gets Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Gets Heart

Dana
fantastic! in this Pandora book Pandy finally finds Dido! (Yay) but you know the story of the trojan war? well it how the trojan war began... you know Helen, Paris and the golden appple. BUT!!!!!!! its not all sugar and fluff!! beware!! an important character gets... well... how do i say this? um... lets say she ... uh.. visits... hades. i ended up cryin in the end. but then again... i cried when optimus prime died in transformors 2.
Kayla
This was an excellent book, I find the Pandora books to be so funny.
Though in the end of this book a heart throbbing decision will have to be made. Someone must die. Who will it be? And what kind of god or goddess would force Pandy and her friends to such a limit. Well I think we all know who the culprit will be.
A dramatic twist to this book, so make sure you read the epilogue important details.... :-)
Angela Liao
Pandora Gets Heart is the fourth book in the series, Pandora: Mythic Adventures. Pandora released many evils into the world. Now she and her friends are going on a quest to get all of the evils back into the box. In this quest they are to get back the evil, lust. Lust is hidden at a wedding that took place long ago, so with the help of the messenger god, Hermes, Pandora and her friends travel back in time to find lust. This is a great fantasy book I like to read when I’m bored. My favorite part ...more
meg
so to be fair, i had to review this for my work and didn't read the first three in the series. i get the feeling i definitely would have gotten more out of it if i didn't jump in on number four. the series has a cute premise--young pandy brings the infamous box to school, accidentally lets out all the evils into the world, and subsequently must go one quests to retrieve and recapture them. one evil per book. having already gotten jealousy, vanity, and laziness back under wraps, pandy and her fri ...more
Reading Vacation
We all know the story of Pandora opening her box and releasing the evils of the world. In this series, each book tells the story of Pandy returning one of those evils to her box. This time it’s lust (middle grade friendly).

Now, I know you are thinking that the whole myth thing is going to be my favorite part of the story. While it’s way up there near the top, my favorite part is Pandy’s voice. She comes off as a real teen girl – happy, sad, serious, funny – her mood changes to fit the scene.

Pand
Michelle Grogan
As usual, delving into the latest adventures of Pandora and her friends, has been a great enjoyment. From the opening scenes of Iole worrying about her friends having forgotten her special day - her Maiden Day (thirteenth birthday) to Alcie's selfless act to save her friends and further the mission to return all the evils back to the box. I enjoyed watching Iole begin to mature and make more of a place for herself with her friends, stand up for herself and take risks. It was good to see Pandy qu ...more
☾Book Nerd☽
THIS CONFUSED ME AT SOME POINTS BUT I WAS YOUNGER AT THAT TIME. WILL TOTALLY BE REREADING IT. AND ATHENA IS IN THEIR AND SO IS ARTEMIS! ^0^
Rachel Jiang
I liked the competition for the golden apple.
Konnie
Like the first, this book is full of funny incidents with the gods of ancient Greece. The story was clever, but it is a little difficult to write a story all about the deadly sin of lust without making it unfit for the junior fiction set. Hennesy does a pretty good job with this, except when she doesn't. With that ambiguous description, read it before you hand it off to your pre-teen/teen daughter and make sure she's up to it.
Dayna Smith
The fourth book in the Pandora series. Pandy and her friends are after Lust. It is embodied in the golden apple that brought about the Trojan War, so they must travel back in time with the assistance of Hermes to steal the apple from Aphrodite and place it back in the box. Another charming installment in this series.
Brett
Very entertaining & girl-oriented take on Greek Mythology. This series would be good for girls who enjoyed Percy Jackson or the Cronus Chronicles. The idea of Pandora having to go on a quest to recapture the seven deadly sins is a good one, & handled well.
Maddie
Dying,sadness,courage,everyone caring about each other and happiness. It was a great book. It had everything from adventure to gods. I recommend this book but read Pandora gets Jealous and the other 2 before reading this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathy
Still a good mix of adventure, humor, and heart. More and more serious consequences for the kids. And some clever use of ancient mythology to tell a story who's messages are very modern.
Crissy
Omigosh!! I love this book series!! I think this was the best book so far. I love how Alcie's relationship with *wink* blossoms!!! Amazing...It made me cry but..SIMPLY AWESOME!
Cayleigh Sorella
This has me in tears at the end, I can't believe that happened, I was so in love with the story and the characters and then the ending happened and I fell in love even more.
Nehap
LOVE THIS BOOK! It is so much different than most Pandora books! The thing is, it is not just exciting.. But sad, too.
Terri Pray
Cute addition to the series. Hoping this is one my daughter will enjoy when she's in the mood.
Samantha
Jun 11, 2013 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mythology fans, rick riordian fans, kids
The end of this book made me teary eyed. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.
Allison
I CAN'T BELIEVE ALCIE'S GONE! HER FRUIT SWEARING WAS SOO AWESOMELY EXCITING AND COOL!
AaRtHi :) :D :P
this book was really good but sooooo sad!!! one of the girls dies!!!! :(
Sabrien Abdelrahman
I have a feeling Alcie will come back. Hera really ticks me off.
great books if you want an easy read to pass a lil time
Lian
Really good. I like Homer he is so cute with Alice.
Grace
the ending was kind of sad and i totally hate hera.
Amanda
Looking forward to finding out what happens next :>
Abby
Renee
Check my review for Pandora Gets Jealous
Leah
Sep 08, 2011 Leah added it
A nice getaway from all those serious reads.
Sophia Eldridge
it is awesome but it is sad when alcietes dies
Tia
See pandora 1 review.
Pandora gets heart 16 14 May 22, 2011 05:55PM
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Hailey Twitch Is Not a Snitch
  • Lost in the Labyrinth
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • Iris, Messenger
  • Spellcrash (Webmage, #5)
  • Dusssie
  • The Fire Thief Fights Back (Fire Thief Trilogy, #3)
  • Gods of Manhattan (Gods of Manhattan, #1)
  • The Secret Cellar (The Red Blazer Girls, #4)
  • Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi, #1)
  • Mothership (Ever-Expanding Universe, #1)
  • The Great God Pan
  • Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2)
  • Pathfinder (Major Ariane Kedros, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
Carolyn Hennesy, a Los Angeles native, has been in over 100 theatrical productions spanning the LA., regional and international theatre scenes. Having trained at American Conservatory Theatre and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London as well as earning a dramatic scholarship to the California State University at Northridge, she has played such distinguished houses as the Mark Taper Forum, Ariz ...more
More about Carolyn Hennesy...
Pandora Gets Jealous (Mythic Misadventures #1) Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2) Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3) Pandora Gets Angry (Mythic Misadventures #5) Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)