Start by marking “Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)” as Want to Read:
Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)

Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  875 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Pandora and her friends Alcie, Iole, and Homer are practically evil-hunting experts. Jealousy, Vanity, and Laziness are all safely in the box and they already know Lust is lurking on Mount Pelion, so this fourth task should be super easy.

Just one teeny tiny problem: the evil is hiding at a wedding that took place 1,300 years ago. Luckily, the messenger god, Hermes steps in
Published January 5th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Gets Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Gets Heart

Dana
Sep 12, 2010 Dana rated it it was amazing
fantastic! in this Pandora book Pandy finally finds Dido! (Yay) but you know the story of the trojan war? well it how the trojan war began... you know Helen, Paris and the golden appple. BUT!!!!!!! its not all sugar and fluff!! beware!! an important character gets... well... how do i say this? um... lets say she ... uh.. visits... hades. i ended up cryin in the end. but then again... i cried when optimus prime died in transformors 2.
Kayla
Feb 23, 2010 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pandora
This was an excellent book, I find the Pandora books to be so funny.
Though in the end of this book a heart throbbing decision will have to be made. Someone must die. Who will it be? And what kind of god or goddess would force Pandy and her friends to such a limit. Well I think we all know who the culprit will be.
A dramatic twist to this book, so make sure you read the epilogue important details.... :-)
Anjola Thomas
Sep 08, 2015 Anjola Thomas rated it liked it
This book was "okay" to me. Of course I'm not going to sugarcoat now but , it really could be better. On the other hand, the author did a great job of using Greek history and modern teenagers to understand the story better. For example, in the book one part said "Then I started to sing Happy Maiden Day To Me...I can't believe they're being bad friends". That one sentence uses the old language/traditions of the Greek and the sad/drama the character is feeling towards her friend. If this book is a ...more
Angela Liao
Jun 12, 2013 Angela Liao rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10th-grade
Pandora Gets Heart is the fourth book in the series, Pandora: Mythic Adventures. Pandora released many evils into the world. Now she and her friends are going on a quest to get all of the evils back into the box. In this quest they are to get back the evil, lust. Lust is hidden at a wedding that took place long ago, so with the help of the messenger god, Hermes, Pandora and her friends travel back in time to find lust. This is a great fantasy book I like to read when I’m bored. My favorite part ...more
meg
Feb 04, 2010 meg rated it it was ok
so to be fair, i had to review this for my work and didn't read the first three in the series. i get the feeling i definitely would have gotten more out of it if i didn't jump in on number four. the series has a cute premise--young pandy brings the infamous box to school, accidentally lets out all the evils into the world, and subsequently must go one quests to retrieve and recapture them. one evil per book. having already gotten jealousy, vanity, and laziness back under wraps, pandy and her fri ...more
Reading Vacation
Apr 29, 2011 Reading Vacation rated it it was amazing
We all know the story of Pandora opening her box and releasing the evils of the world. In this series, each book tells the story of Pandy returning one of those evils to her box. This time it’s lust (middle grade friendly).

Now, I know you are thinking that the whole myth thing is going to be my favorite part of the story. While it’s way up there near the top, my favorite part is Pandy’s voice. She comes off as a real teen girl – happy, sad, serious, funny – her mood changes to fit the scene.

Pand
Michelle Grogan
Feb 20, 2010 Michelle Grogan rated it it was amazing
As usual, delving into the latest adventures of Pandora and her friends, has been a great enjoyment. From the opening scenes of Iole worrying about her friends having forgotten her special day - her Maiden Day (thirteenth birthday) to Alcie's selfless act to save her friends and further the mission to return all the evils back to the box. I enjoyed watching Iole begin to mature and make more of a place for herself with her friends, stand up for herself and take risks. It was good to see Pandy qu ...more
TheJennFind
Aug 29, 2014 TheJennFind rated it liked it
THIS CONFUSED ME AT SOME POINTS BUT I WAS YOUNGER AT THAT TIME. WILL TOTALLY BE REREADING IT. AND ATHENA IS IN THEIR AND SO IS ARTEMIS! ^0^
Katie Herring
Jul 15, 2015 Katie Herring rated it really liked it
Why is Hera always the bad guy??? Someone should make a pro-Hera novel. But then again, she really does do some nasty things (granted, it seems like all the gods do).

However, Zeus really seems like the root of e v e r y t h i n g!
Bekah
Aug 19, 2015 Bekah rated it it was amazing
Oh, my gracious, this was amazing! Love it <3
Gabby Atkinson
I LOVE the series
Rachel Jiang
Jan 26, 2014 Rachel Jiang rated it it was amazing
I liked the competition for the golden apple.
Konnie
Apr 06, 2010 Konnie rated it liked it
Like the first, this book is full of funny incidents with the gods of ancient Greece. The story was clever, but it is a little difficult to write a story all about the deadly sin of lust without making it unfit for the junior fiction set. Hennesy does a pretty good job with this, except when she doesn't. With that ambiguous description, read it before you hand it off to your pre-teen/teen daughter and make sure she's up to it.
Dayna Smith
The fourth book in the Pandora series. Pandy and her friends are after Lust. It is embodied in the golden apple that brought about the Trojan War, so they must travel back in time with the assistance of Hermes to steal the apple from Aphrodite and place it back in the box. Another charming installment in this series.
Brett
Feb 16, 2010 Brett rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
Very entertaining & girl-oriented take on Greek Mythology. This series would be good for girls who enjoyed Percy Jackson or the Cronus Chronicles. The idea of Pandora having to go on a quest to recapture the seven deadly sins is a good one, & handled well.
Maddie
Apr 03, 2011 Maddie rated it liked it
Dying,sadness,courage,everyone caring about each other and happiness. It was a great book. It had everything from adventure to gods. I recommend this book but read Pandora gets Jealous and the other 2 before reading this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathy
Still a good mix of adventure, humor, and heart. More and more serious consequences for the kids. And some clever use of ancient mythology to tell a story who's messages are very modern.
Crissy
May 07, 2011 Crissy rated it it was amazing
Omigosh!! I love this book series!! I think this was the best book so far. I love how Alcie's relationship with *wink* blossoms!!! Amazing...It made me cry but..SIMPLY AWESOME!
Cayleigh Sorella
Nov 02, 2015 Cayleigh Sorella rated it it was amazing
This has me in tears at the end, I can't believe that happened, I was so in love with the story and the characters and then the ending happened and I fell in love even more.
April Duclos
Feb 08, 2016 April Duclos rated it it was amazing
The best thus far. Some great plot twists which made me emotional despite even anticipating some of them!
Nehap
Oct 20, 2013 Nehap rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK! It is so much different than most Pandora books! The thing is, it is not just exciting.. But sad, too.
Terri Pray
Jul 21, 2012 Terri Pray rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Cute addition to the series. Hoping this is one my daughter will enjoy when she's in the mood.
Samantha
Jun 11, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mythology fans, rick riordian fans, kids
The end of this book made me teary eyed. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.
Allison
Mar 30, 2011 Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, mythology
AaRtHi :) :D :P
Aug 11, 2010 AaRtHi :) :D :P rated it it was amazing
this book was really good but sooooo sad!!! one of the girls dies!!!! :(
Sabrien Abdelrahman
Apr 30, 2014 Sabrien Abdelrahman rated it really liked it
I have a feeling Alcie will come back. Hera really ticks me off.
Jan 17, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
great books if you want an easy read to pass a lil time
Lian
Feb 02, 2013 Lian rated it really liked it
Really good. I like Homer he is so cute with Alice.
Grace
Jan 10, 2010 Grace rated it it was amazing
the ending was kind of sad and i totally hate hera.
Amanda
Oct 20, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Looking forward to finding out what happens next :>
Pandora gets heart 16 15 May 22, 2011 05:55PM
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Lost in the Labyrinth
  • Iris, Messenger
  • Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • The Secret Cellar (The Red Blazer Girls, #4)
  • Spellcrash (Webmage, #5)
  • World According to Twitter
  • Nice Shot, Cupid! (Myth-O-Mania, #4)
  • Pathfinder (Major Ariane Kedros, #3)
  • The Fire Thief Fights Back (Fire Thief Trilogy, #3)
  • The Great God Pan
  • Hailey Twitch Is Not a Snitch (Hailey Twitch, #1)
  • The Age of Zeus
  • Favorite Norse Myths
Carolyn Hennesy, a Los Angeles native, has been in over 100 theatrical productions spanning the LA., regional and international theatre scenes. Having trained at American Conservatory Theatre and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London as well as earning a dramatic scholarship to the California State University at Northridge, she has played such distinguished houses as the Mark Taper Forum, Ariz ...more
More about Carolyn Hennesy...

Mythic Misadventures (7 books)
  • Pandora Gets Jealous (Mythic Misadventures #1)
  • Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2)
  • Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3)
  • Pandora Gets Angry (Mythic Misadventures #5)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)
  • Pandora Gets Frightened (Mythic Misadventures #7)