Start by marking “Superman/Batman: Search for Kryptonite” as Want to Read:
Superman/Batman: Search for Kryptonite

Superman/Batman: Search for Kryptonite (Superman/Batman #7)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,538 ratings  ·  32 reviews
From Michael Green and Mike Johnson, two of the writers of the hit NBC TV series Heroes, comes this fast-paced new volume in the SUPERMAN/BATMAN series.

The Man of Steel and the Dark Knight have decided that they must undertake the impossible task of recovering all the Kryptonite on Earth. But there are plenty of roadblocks in the way, as they realize that not everyone's wi
Published November 10th 2009 by DC Comics (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Superman/Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman/Batman

Sam Quixote
After books and books of Superman being felled by his only weakness, the fragments of his home planet Krypton called kryptonite, he does something which many fans have thought about for years - get rid of all the damn kryptonite on Earth! Enlisting the help of Batman and utilising special armour that protects him from the effects kryptonite has on him, they set about gathering up every last milligram of kryptonite on the planet.

It's an original storyline that's not been seen before and it's alw
Gabriel
If you miss this you're not missing much. Superman recruits Batman and others to quest to gather all the earth's deposits of kryptonite. Along the way he discovers a new form of Kryptonite (silver), encounters an ornery Aquaman, uncovers a government weapons cache of Kryptonite weapons and finds out that Lana Lang is selling herself as head of Lexcorp to build these weapons. The humanity of any of these characters is absent (Lana thinks only of her company and not of Superman or the world), and ...more
Michael Wilson
Superman decides that the time has come for him to make the world safer for him to do his job... by ridding the world of all Kryptonite. He enlists Batman to do this, and quickly discovers that not everyone is willing to give it up so easily.. including people such Aquaman, the US Government, and even Lana Lang. An interesting story I guess with some interesting new villains powered by Kryptonite and commanded by Amanda Waller, but nothing here is that surprising or reveals anything new about th ...more
Paula
Dec 14, 2011 Paula rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: DC fans
I love Michael Green's writing and general intellect, so this was something I knew I would enjoy. I really appreciate the added detail in all of the artwork, especially the full pages at the end of each chapter. The cameo of Aquaman was fantastic and one of my favorite parts. Plus the addition of other characters from the DC universe was cool. The scenes showing Superman's loopy perspective after contact with the Ach-om Rashay amulet were hilarious. I enjoyed the overall creativity of the story ...more
Jonathan
I have decided to begin by stating one important fact. Though I give this graphic novel a four star rating with ease I think that this four star rating for me personally is not an indication of how it ranks in my books overall. For me it is an indication of how it ranks compared to other graphic novels as I have enjoyed them. A four star comic is in no way superior to a 4 star Charles Dickens for instance and vice versa. It is my way of critiquing the different types of medium I enjoy.

That said
Bianca
Oct 15, 2012 Bianca rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bianca by: Razaele
Shelves: comic-books
Got this as a present from EJ & Dom - thank you!

What I liked about this comic is Batman. He is what gives the story incredible depth. Now this comic is primarily about Superman's mini quest against Kryptonite, but as I've observed with stories that center on their particular tandem, Superman always seems to aggrandize Batman's character.

I am a staunch believer in the fact that Superman is a fascinating specimen of true Messianic behavior; behind that boy scout appeal, lies something very da
Gautam Surath
Not a bad storyline all things considered. But its a hugh stretch from the days when Lex had to hunt the whole world to find an ounce of Green-k to almost the whole planet made of green K. Still the novelty of the two POV's makes up for the complicated plot and the individual action sequences are well executed. So go ahead and indulge if you are a fan of either of these dudes!
Joseph
Other reviews have already covered things pretty well, so I'll just keep it simple and say that you should check out this book, as well as the rest of the Superman/Batman line. The entire series is consistently good, and if you're a fan of either character you should check them out.
Personally though I think this is one of my favorites out of the series, with the last page being just absolutely perfect. There are a few things that irk me, and a few plot holes here and there, but they're minor an
Nathan
Superman and Batman are great characters to have a series together; the dichotomy between the two is great material for the series. Writers Michael Green and Mike Johnson really capture the two contrasting characters well; the dialogue is great and the constant switching of perspectives keeps the story entertaining. Shane Davis does a good job illustrating the series; I enjoyed his rendition of the characters that are featured in this story-line.

There are some problems with this adventure though
Austin
This book was good because superman is getting rid of all the kryptonite in the world so no one could kill him with the help batman they figure out that the USA military has a supply of kryptonite to kill superman.
Sean
So, Supes decides he wants to get rid of all the Kryptonite on Earth. Some might be wondering why it has taken him all this time. Then the problematic way one has to go about doing that is an issue. Here, readers are lead through this process which had strange personality traits by classic characters, unusual cameo appearances that really serve no purpose, and predictable plot points littered along the journey. But the art was really good. Shane Davis does a fine job of drawing two of comics' mo ...more
Simon
This was actually pretty good. I enjoyed this.
Marina Antunes
I like the concept of Superman, with the help of Batman and some input from the JLA, set about collecting all of the Kryptonite in order to keep Superman impervious to its debilitating effects, and I love that in the process, Superman isn't exactly thinking about what's best for the world (though in the end he does recognize his short sightedness). What I didn't care for are the little battles that are fought along the way (the Aquaman bit was kind of dumb). Overall enjoyable but I'm just not th ...more
Fraser Sherman
Superman's efforts to rid the world of kryptonite lead to all kinds of problems. Uninspired.
Virginia
Mark
After a brush with death, Superman decides he should remove all the kryptonite from Earth.

Batman decides to help but both are surprised by how much kryptonite there is.

Who has it presents another nasty surprise.

Above average art and a good story make this a fun read.

Notes
Toyman gets a dream date.

Learning Curve
Moderate: Those new to Superman might be confused.

Mollie
A wonderful continuation of the Superman/Batman series. Finally all of the kryptonite on earth is going to be removed and there is a lot more than anyone anticipated. I enjoyed this because of the several twists and turns but also because of the wonderful writing and great takeaway lines. I would recommend it for any DC fan who wants more of Supes and Bats with the banter and fighting good times.
Jeffrey
As expected for this series this was a very well put together story arc. We got a good look at Superman and his motivations, and we got a good look at just how far he would go to ensure his safety. The weak point was the inner dialogue for Batman which basically seemed pretty contrived, which is far from normal for this series. All in all a good story though and well worth the read.
Natlyn
Superman decides he needs to get rid of all the Kryptonite on Earth and enlists Batman's aid. Of note for the unusual excessive hardcoreness of Supes. I don't actually buy the story on the grounds that the amount of Kryptonite supposedly on Earth seems inordinately large and the idea behind the removal project is a bit dubious—as many people point out. But all in all, a decent read.
Steve
Wow. Superman/Batman redeems themselves with this excellent story of humanity and weakness, making for a grand superhero epic that really explores some sides of the Man of Steel we haven't seen before.

The ending climax is amazing, something full of emotion and a huge twist. Definitely one of the top few of the Superman/Batman collections.
victoria.p
Batman helps his boyfriend, I mean, Superman, get rid of all the Kryptonite on earth, except for the little but Superman gives him to hold onto in case he ever goes rogue. Ah, superhero love. Amanda Waller tries to stop them. Entertaining. I don't read Superman/Batman for the plotlines. I read it because it comes preslashed for my pleasure.
M
After an encounter with Kryptonite, Superman outlines a plan to rid the world of his most recognizable weakness. Teaming with the Dark Knight himself, the World's finest duo take on the task of removing the deadliest threat to the Man of Steel - and whether or not they should.
Stan
A somewhat obvious yet strangely never explored premise of Supes locating and eliminating all traces of the one thing that can kill him takes a turn for the fanboyish near the end. Ah, well. It's fun.
Katie
I saw that arc-end coming, but oh Bruce. No matter how long you're friends with someone, you can be no more than what you are - the highly suspicious and paranoid Batman.
TJ Shelby
This is probably the best Superman/Batman book yet. Great ethical dilemmas while still staying true to the characters. Absolutely loved it!
Jenny U
Another great graphic novel in the superman/batman series. A must have for fans of either one of the heroes.
John Yelverton
Another wonderful addition to this book series, and the ending is absolutely fantastic!
Max Ostrovsky
Always a good thing when a god/hero realizes that they need to have human flaws.
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 5: The Enemies Among Us
  • Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity
  • Trinity, Vol. 1
  • JLA: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1
  • Justice, Volume 2

Michael Green is an American television and film writer, as well as a comic book scripter.
Green grew up in Mamaroneck, New York.[1]

Green has been a contributor for Superman/Batman. He will also co-write a Green Lantern movie with Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, set for re
More about Michael Green...

Superman/Batman (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 1: Public Enemies
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 8:  Finest Worlds
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 9: Night and Day
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 10: Big Noise
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 11: Worship
Batman Confidential, Vol. 2: Lovers and Madmen Supergirl, Vol. 2: Girl in the World Superman/Batman, Vol. 8:  Finest Worlds Superman/Batman, Vol. 9: Night and Day Supergirl, Vol. 1: Last Daughter of Krypton