Start by marking “Bump It Up: Transform Your Pregnancy into the Ultimate Style Statement” as Want to Read:

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The key to pregnancy chic? Creativity. Effort. And a commitment to pushing the sartorial envelope even when you’d rather crawl back under the sheets with a box of doughnuts. But don’t let “thigh” anxiety drive you to sneakers and plus-size velour tracksuits. It’s time to turn nine months of potential frump into mega maternity moxie.

In this witty and accessible pregnancy pr
Published March 23rd 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bump It Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bump It Up

Stevie
I bought two books when I found out I was pregnant: Our Bodies, Ourselves Pregnancy and Birth and, uh, this. It assumes that everyone is thin and fabulous pre-pregnancy and it's definitely full of suggestions for people who don't mind spending $200 on a dress they'll only wear for six months, but that said, it had some good ideas that you can recreate on your own budget (and with your existing wardrobe), and I found the general advice very helpful. And the author is kind of hilarious, which was ...more
Aileen Benjamin
Fun to read although I do not agree with the authoress' philosophy that it's all about how you look. I do enjoy fashion, though and there were lots of great tips and ideas for my maternity sewing projects. Don't think I'll be wearing two inch heels anytime soon (that's a recipe for falling down and hurting myself and the baby).
Julie
The book will provide a few very helpful pointers for dressing well while pregnant. But much of it is filler, and the author's cute tone is annoying from the start. Skim it at the bookstore and move on.
Anne
This is a very lighthearted read. I have to admit that I totally skimmed it, so I'm really not the best person to review it... But in the middle of a tough pregnancy, it was fun to focus on something other than not feeling good. The author gives some good suggestions for building a pregnancy wardrobe from a foundation of simple, basic pieces. While I'll not be wearing vintage nightgowns as eveningwear, much prefer flats to heels, and rolled my eyes at the tone of some sections, I did appreciate ...more
Kathryn
If you have read any fashion blog, this book likely has nothing new (though I didn't finish it). The writer is a little funny, but the content is not unique. Perhaps if you've never read anything about getting the basics of a wardrobe or what shapes are more flattering for a pregnant lady, this book could give you some decent advice.
Katie Fowler
Technically, I haven't read this whole book yet, as I am going one trimester at a time through it. So far, however, I've found it to be a good an practical resource for staying fashionable throughout pregnancy. Lots of good dos and donts, and it even includes some makeup tips.

The prose is written with a good sense of humor, and there are lots of cute sketches that give you ideas. I'm glad that a resource like this exists! Gone are the days of muu muus and sweat pants as pregnancy uniform (thank
Erin
While there are a few good tips, they could have been presented in 2 or 3 pages, max. Truly, unbelievably repetitive. And for a book published as recently as 2010, the author is woefully, inexcusably, behind the times when it comes to issues of health, comfort and safety of mother and baby, not to mention the environment. For example, she recommends microbead facial exfoliants. Seriously? The book confirmed the worst stereotypes out there about the fashion-obsessed as otherwise shallow. Too bad.
Monika
this book is so adorable! I'm not preggers yet, but the tips in this book can be used when I do get preggo (within the next 2 yrs hopefully!) I love the "do's and dont's" with the pictures, and it even has idea's for makeup.
Would definately reccommend for any girl that wants to stay fashionable during pregnancy and needs some tips!
Kristen
Sep 13, 2011 Kristen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kristen by: Accupuncturist
Repetitive and geared for those with more money than I tend to spend on clothes, but decent advice in general. Definitely a book to skim and then google the products you are interested in. Glad I just checked it out of the library.
Ctazelaar
Decent advice on the fashion front, and she should have stuck to that. When she wandered into general pregnancy territory, she lost credibility and seemed out of touch.
Hannah
Dec 27, 2010 Hannah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Hannah by: the bookstore
most user friendly, funny pregnancy style book on the shelves. A must read!! especially love that many of the recommended outfits can be worn after pregnancy..
Erika
I go to this book more often than my Mayo Clinic book. A great gift idea for expecting girlfriends.
Alicia
Some good advice, but not much I didn't already know from watching 'What Not To Wear'
Debo
Silly, and not very helpful styling tips, but fun to persue.
Emma Davis
Trying to get out of my frump mode. Pretty good tips, actually.
Beth
Jun 06, 2012 Beth added it
Pretty silly, but a good airplane book
Tawnia
Tawnia added it
May 01, 2014
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013