Start by marking “In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)

In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay #3)

A long-ago shipwreck off the California coast led the survivors to the haven they named Angel’s Bay. Their shared adversity brought fellowship and joy . . . but also unsuspected secrets. Acclaimed author Barbara Freethy returns to the town where angels still keep watch, with a compelling story of a young widow trying to find the truth and bring closure for her son and her ...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Pocket Star (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Shelter Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Shelter Cove

Jul 13, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better and better! Although I had my suspicions I wasn't 100% sure whodunit. Barbara Freethy is an excellent author - her stories draw the readers into the lives of the characters from start to finish and for a long time after you close the book. I enjoyed this book very much and thought the follow-uo messages written to readers from all the leading ladies of this series was a lovely touch. I immediately downloaded book 4 & 5 as soon as I finished reading this ...more
Feb 13, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Angel's Bay series. It was a suspenseful romance book, with twists and turns. Very strong main characters with Brianna who has come back to bury her husband who died in prison just before his release. Derek was charged with stealing 3 valuable paintings from the local museum and assaulting a security guard. Brianna has come back to Angel's Bay to raise their son Lucas and to be with Derek's family. She is going to try and prove her late husbands innocence. Jason Marlo ...more
May 03, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
This is an addicting series...The "main" story line reaches a conclusion, but there are a number of little "cliffhangers" that continue on through the books.
Feb 21, 2013 ♥Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am hooked on the Angel's Bay series. Not only is Ms. Freethy a wonderful story teller, but her stories have a fantastic mystery to solve. In Shelter Cove continues the story of the Angel's Bay inhabitants and hints at the unraveling mystery of what really happened to the downed ship, The Gabriella.

Brianna Kane has had a rough five years. She was once, young, happy, in love, and looking to the future. When she was supposed to be planning a wedding, she was standing in support of her hu
Kim Pritt
Jun 19, 2016 Kim Pritt rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy book series - you get to follow the same characters through different and continuing circumstances and adventures. With the Angel's Bay series, there is one mystery, drama, or secret to uncover after another. The small town of Angel's Bay is somewhere I'd love to live and the characters are people I could see myself being life long friends with. Three of five books in the series down.....two to go! I can tell I'm going to be so very disappointed to get to the end of book # 5! But, ...more
Apr 11, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the 3rd book in the Angel's Bay series. This one has an art heist for the mystery aspect. The love interest is Brianna Kane, wife of inprisoned Derek Kane, and police officer Jason Marlow, who sent Derek to jail. I like having a little mystery in the story along with the romance part. Also, the interaction between the citizens of Angel's Bay is very nice. A good read!!
Oct 06, 2014 Kelli rated it really liked it
Great story!! It drove me nuts trying to read through the book and figure out who Derek's partner could be! I was pretty surprised when I found out who! I enjoyed the love story between Brianna and Jake. The fear of hurting others but the drive towards each other was sweet to read. Overall loved the story and would enjoy to read more about the characters!!
Apr 07, 2015 Esia_90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
Feb 06, 2016 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to know more of the characters in this series. The characters come to life in this book. I loved trying to follow the bred crumbs threw out the book and solve the little mystery in it.
I love this series. I have not read them in order and its easy to follow even when they are read out of order.
Evelyn Wilson
Dec 09, 2015 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books-read
Suddenly One Summer, Jenna, Lexie, Reid; On Shadow Beach; The Shelter Cove, Brianna, Lucas, Derek and Jason; At Hidden Falls AND Garden of Secrets. Don't forget to read the parts after the end of the books, especially after The Shelter Cove!!! Catches you up in everyone's lives!
Mar 09, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book. After reading the back, I was intrigued and was expecting a good mystery. Brianna's husband was convicted of a crime he claims he did not commit. Brianna tries to clear his name (although he's now dead). She vows to find the truth, to question anyone and everyone and investigate until she clears his name. She does this twice in the book, and when she does question someone, she finds very little out.

The main action of the book takes place in the last 40 pages or
Nancy Martinez
Mar 26, 2016 Nancy Martinez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really loved this book. The secrets, the lies, and the mystery of the disappearance of 3 valuable paintings. I never guessed who did it and that is wonderful. This book kept me fully engaged and I couldn't wait for the ending.
Gail A Ostrove
Sep 27, 2016 Gail A Ostrove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelter Cove was thrilling

It kept you guessing as to who Derek was and his accomplice. I still trying to figure out which adoptive father is Annie's. Looking forward to seeing who it is.
Audrey Haley
Jun 03, 2016 Audrey Haley rated it really liked it
Another good book from Freethy. This third book continues to introduce you to more characters from Angel Cove and updates you on the ones you already know. I love this idea. I feel like I know these people. I'd like to meet Colin and Kara...hahaha.
You can read this book anywhere..easy.
Jul 12, 2016 Gypsylcm rated it really liked it
Lots of characters with more stories to come, looking forward to the next one!
Rhonda Rae Baker
Nov 27, 2010 Rhonda Rae Baker rated it really liked it
Oh my...I am hooked on Barbara Freethy. She is a fantastic author. Her characters and location are so real you feel as if you're a part of the story. And with everything that happens to them, it's like real life we can relate to.

The first three in Angel's Bay series each can be read as stand-alone novels but it's fun to follow along with the town and see how the author weaves in and out of the storylines. Introducing new characters, revising other's we know already...

AND bateing us for the next
Feb 11, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series. Decent story line with some meat. Good mystery and good love story. Liked it all around!
I made the mistake of reading some of the reviews on this book before I started it and they all said that liked this book the least in this series. I have to disagree, I throughly enjoyed it. It kept me guessing the whodun-it part right up until the end. You didn't know who you could trust. I am really enjoying this series, and hope there are a lot more to come.
Mar 22, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
An interesting story. It seemed a little much for the heroine to be staunchly defending her deceased husband while falling in love with a deputy who helped put him behing bars. But it is pulled off nicely. You can't help but root for the poor deputy who was doing his job, using the facts, and not letting his personal feelings in the way.
Jun 19, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the third book in the small town series. It definitely stands on its own. Brianna and Jason have an emotional love story with plenty of lies and betrayals to deal with. And the other characters in Angel's Bay also have good secondary story lines. Don't miss this series. Once you start it, you'll be hooked!
An Odd1
Jan 31, 2011 An Odd1 rated it did not like it
* "In Shelter Cove" by Barbara Freehy is a confusing mystery romance between widow Brianna and Jason, the policeman who sent her husband to jail, where he was murdered. Who really stole the paintings? Do we care just because the little son is so cute?
May 27, 2013 LL rated it really liked it
I can't believe I'd really be hooked up reading Freethy's stories.
I liked the development of the characters from this story. There was a chemistry between Jayson and Brianna though I was admit, a lot of Freethy's stories were a lot better.
Julie Smith
May 22, 2013 Julie Smith rated it it was amazing
I am so loving this series. I have already talked with my hubby and I want to visit Angel's Bay. :) I love how at the end you filled us readers in with all the characters we have read about and what they are up to. On to book #4. :)
Loved the Angel Bay Series...
Jan 03, 2012 Krista rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. It's a great, deep book on relationships. The people are great, the relationships are wonderful, and the town? Well, I want to live there! A great new author for me!
Jun 13, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
I love this series..In Shelter Cove really had a mystery with an excellent twist..This is my favorite so far..Waiting for the next book to get here and so excited to have it continue..
Jun 23, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this whole series...and now there is a fourth out called AT HIDDEN FALLS, I believe....I love this series and can't wait to read more from this author
Aug 20, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Angels Bay keeps me interested! Shelter Cove wasn't my favorite of the series but I wanted to know who was the bad guy so I kept reading. Onto book 4!
Jul 20, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
I finished this book in one day because I was at the dr's office. I read a lot during my wait time. It's the 3rd book in the series. Very good book.
Sep 01, 2011 BJ rated it liked it
This one was okay, but not my fav in this series. I just didn't like the 2 main characters together. Didn't really make sense to me.
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Kusursuz Plan
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day / Daisy's Back In Town
  • Sen
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • The Dare
  • Flirting on Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #1)
  • The Bikini Car Wash
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • His Christmas Wish (Holland Springs, #3.5)
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • A Dozen Deadly Roses
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)