Start by marking “In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)

In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  569 ratings  ·  40 reviews
A long-ago shipwreck off the California coast led the survivors to the haven they named Angel’s Bay. Their shared adversity brought fellowship and joy . . . but also unsuspected secrets. Acclaimed author Barbara Freethy returns to the town where angels still keep watch, with a compelling story of a young widow trying to find the truth and bring closure for her son and her ...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Pocket Star (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Shelter Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Shelter Cove

Cemre
İyi ki başlamışım bu seriye. Üç kitap da birbirinden iyiydi. Önceki kitaba yaptığım yorumda da belirtmiştim yine belirtmek istiyorum. Serinin başarısı bence her karakterin özenle yazılmış olması. Bazı karakterlere yan karakter diyebilirsiniz okurken ancak onları bile o kadar merak ediyorsunuz ki! Örneğin Kara ve Colin, Charlotte ve Joe, Annie. Hepsi apayrı birer tat. Ayrıca yazar bu kitabın sonunda önceden okuduğumuz kadın karakterlerin ağzından kısa bir mektup yazmış. Bayıldım buna. Son iki kit ...more
Dianne
This series just keeps getting better and better! Although I had my suspicions I wasn't 100% sure whodunit. Barbara Freethy is an excellent author - her stories draw the readers into the lives of the characters from start to finish and for a long time after you close the book. I enjoyed this book very much and thought the follow-uo messages written to readers from all the leading ladies of this series was a lovely touch. I immediately downloaded book 4 & 5 as soon as I finished reading this ...more
Donna
This is an addicting series...The "main" story line reaches a conclusion, but there are a number of little "cliffhangers" that continue on through the books.
♥Jamie
I am hooked on the Angel's Bay series. Not only is Ms. Freethy a wonderful story teller, but her stories have a fantastic mystery to solve. In Shelter Cove continues the story of the Angel's Bay inhabitants and hints at the unraveling mystery of what really happened to the downed ship, The Gabriella.

Summary:
Brianna Kane has had a rough five years. She was once, young, happy, in love, and looking to the future. When she was supposed to be planning a wedding, she was standing in support of her hu
Kelli
Great story!! It drove me nuts trying to read through the book and figure out who Derek's partner could be! I was pretty surprised when I found out who! I enjoyed the love story between Brianna and Jake. The fear of hurting others but the drive towards each other was sweet to read. Overall loved the story and would enjoy to read more about the characters!!
Esia_90
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
Emily
I was disappointed in this book. After reading the back, I was intrigued and was expecting a good mystery. Brianna's husband was convicted of a crime he claims he did not commit. Brianna tries to clear his name (although he's now dead). She vows to find the truth, to question anyone and everyone and investigate until she clears his name. She does this twice in the book, and when she does question someone, she finds very little out.

The main action of the book takes place in the last 40 pages or
Rhonda Rae Baker
Oh my...I am hooked on Barbara Freethy. She is a fantastic author. Her characters and location are so real you feel as if you're a part of the story. And with everything that happens to them, it's like real life we can relate to.

The first three in Angel's Bay series each can be read as stand-alone novels but it's fun to follow along with the town and see how the author weaves in and out of the storylines. Introducing new characters, revising other's we know already...

AND bateing us for the next
This is the third book in the series. Decent story line with some meat. Good mystery and good love story. Liked it all around!
Rachael
I made the mistake of reading some of the reviews on this book before I started it and they all said that liked this book the least in this series. I have to disagree, I throughly enjoyed it. It kept me guessing the whodun-it part right up until the end. You didn't know who you could trust. I am really enjoying this series, and hope there are a lot more to come.
SJuhl4
An interesting story. It seemed a little much for the heroine to be staunchly defending her deceased husband while falling in love with a deputy who helped put him behing bars. But it is pulled off nicely. You can't help but root for the poor deputy who was doing his job, using the facts, and not letting his personal feelings in the way.
Jill
I really enjoyed the third book in the small town series. It definitely stands on its own. Brianna and Jason have an emotional love story with plenty of lies and betrayals to deal with. And the other characters in Angel's Bay also have good secondary story lines. Don't miss this series. Once you start it, you'll be hooked!
An Odd1
* "In Shelter Cove" by Barbara Freehy is a confusing mystery romance between widow Brianna and Jason, the policeman who sent her husband to jail, where he was murdered. Who really stole the paintings? Do we care just because the little son is so cute?
LL
I can't believe I'd really be hooked up reading Freethy's stories.
I liked the development of the characters from this story. There was a chemistry between Jayson and Brianna though I was admit, a lot of Freethy's stories were a lot better.
Julie Smith
I am so loving this series. I have already talked with my hubby and I want to visit Angel's Bay. :) I love how at the end you filled us readers in with all the characters we have read about and what they are up to. On to book #4. :)
Ssetzer
Loved the Angel Bay Series...
Krista
I am really enjoying this series. It's a great, deep book on relationships. The people are great, the relationships are wonderful, and the town? Well, I want to live there! A great new author for me!
Karen
I love this series..In Shelter Cove really had a mystery with an excellent twist..This is my favorite so far..Waiting for the next book to get here and so excited to have it continue..
Kelly
I really enjoyed this whole series...and now there is a fourth out called AT HIDDEN FALLS, I believe....I love this series and can't wait to read more from this author
Stephanie
Angels Bay keeps me interested! Shelter Cove wasn't my favorite of the series but I wanted to know who was the bad guy so I kept reading. Onto book 4!
Amy
I finished this book in one day because I was at the dr's office. I read a lot during my wait time. It's the 3rd book in the series. Very good book.
BJ
This one was okay, but not my fav in this series. I just didn't like the 2 main characters together. Didn't really make sense to me.
Peni
I love this series in so many ways. I highly recommend that a reader start at the beginning of the series to get the most out of it.
♥ Nell ♥
A bit slow moving this one but, still good. I especially liked the Dear Readers from the main female characters at the end.
Marran
great third book in the Angel Bay series... excellent main characters as well as secondary
Casey Dawes
Tougher to read...with a son in prison, reading about anyone in prison can be hard to handle. But a good read.
Caroan
I'm enjoying this series alot. Didn't think it was as good as the first book but still a pretty good read!
Linda
Jul 06, 2012 Linda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Brianna and young son trying to clear dead husbands name. Angel's Bay series.book 3
Holly
New author for me. Not impressed. Too many characters and too many stories.
  • The Dare
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • Bought By The Billionaire Brothers (Buchanan Brothers, #2)
  • One Season of Sunshine (Cedar Springs #2)
  • The Bikini Car Wash
  • Believe in Me (Rosewood Trilogy, #2)
  • A Month At The Shore
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day/Daisy's Back In Town
  • His Christmas Wish (Holland Springs, #3.5)
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Never Marry a Stranger (Sons of Scandal, #3)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Silent Run (Silent, #1)