Start by marking “On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)

On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay #2)

The California town of Angel’s Bay has had its share of troubles: from the long-unsolved murder of a teenage girl to the young police officer recently left in a coma after being shot. But miracles also have a way of happening . . . as if angels really do keep a watchful eye there. In this touching and suspenseful novel, bestselling author Barbara Freethy returns to the set
Published March 30th 2010 by Pocket Star (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about On Shadow Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Shadow Beach

♥Jamie
Jul 21, 2013 ♥Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Number two in Barbara Freethy's Angel's Bay series, on Shadow Beach is a story that introduces a new hero and heroine as well as continues the minor stories from the previous book.

Summary:
Lauren Jamison hasnt been home to Angel's Bay in a little over thirteen years. Not since her fifteen year old little sister, Abby, was found murdered in the basement of the old Ramsay mansion. Lauren, her mother, and her little brother moved away shortly after, not being able to deal with the memories, but Lau
Gail A Ostrove
Sep 25, 2016 Gail A Ostrove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On Shadow Beach is both heartbreaking and heartwarming

I like how you never would have suspected that Abby's best friend did her in. I was so relieved when Colin finally woke up well he felt Faith there I didn't want Kara to have to say goodbye.
Bookaholics
Jun 05, 2010 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
On Shadow Beach by Barbara Freethy
Contemporary Romance -March 30, 2010
4 Stars

Barbara Freethy does an amazing job in ‘On Shadow Beach’ putting both elements of long-lost love and mystery together.

This book is the second novel following On Angel’s Bay, which also takes place in a small California town where there was a long-unsolved murder of a teenage girl.

But that dead girl was Lauren Jamison’s sister. Lauren left Angel’s Bay to try to forget about the past, but she is forced to return to take
Heather
Apr 14, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
This is my first Barbara Freethy book. My feelings on this story are mixed. I wanted to find out who committed the crime but also I thought the book was just overrun with characters that didn't need to be there. (possible spoiler alert ) For example: who is the father of Annie's baby? will Andrew and Charlotte get back together? will Charlotte and Joe get together instead? Did Rachel cheat on her husband with Devlin? is there any hope for Rachel and Joe? is Devlin going to continue with his ...more
Kim Pritt
Jun 13, 2016 Kim Pritt rated it it was amazing
After reading book one of the Angel's Bay series, I jumped right into book two......and, now, I can't wait to start book three! On Shadow Beach is another wonderful read by Barbara Freethy. I just love the characters - I love being able to follow the lives of the residents of Angel's Bay and meet new people along the way. On Shadow Beach follows up on an old murder that was mentioned in Suddenly One Summer (book # 1) as having happened some years ago in the sleepy little town of Angel's Bay, but ...more
Becky
Feb 10, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Angel Bay's series. Lauren hasn't been back to town since her younger sister was murdered and her then boyfriend, was the main suspect. She has come back to check on her ailing father whom she has had little contact with since she left. Being back, she has had to relive the horror of that day and has had to come face to face with Shane again. Shane has his own secrets and between the two of them, justice will prevail. This was the most exciting, suspenseful and fun ...more
Donna Alward
May 30, 2011 Donna Alward rated it really liked it
The second in the Angel's Bay series by Freethy. I liked this one even better than the first (Suddenly One Summer). It really ramped up towards the end with a bit of a twist I didn't quite see coming.

Some pieces did fit together rather conveniently at the end, and I wished that the epilogue had been another page or two longer - it felt rather rushed for such a momentous moment. But it was a great read that had me reaching for the tissues twice in the last 60 pages.

Now my big question is...when d
Vivian
Oct 20, 2011 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
I'm a sucker for second chance romances, and this is a wonderful story. A suspense set in a small California seaside town with a lot of emotions and heartache as the characters confront not only the present, but the tragic past. Characterization was strong with well developed characters you can't help but hope for. I can't wait to read more of the series, Angel Bay.

Recommended for a sweet and emotional read.
Jeanne
Apr 09, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A nice romance story in the series about Angel's Bay. The main characters are Lauren Jamison and Shane Murray, who were high school sweetheart over ten years ago. They both find theyselves back in Angel's Bay and they are still drawn to each other. There is more than just romance in the story as Lauren's sister's murder still hasn't been solved. Lauren is trying to find out the truth and the killer. A good read!!
Christi
Aug 23, 2012 Christi rated it really liked it
As always, Barbara Freethy's characters just swept me away. There are recurring characters and I loved the ongoing story lines of the "background" couples. However, my problem was that except for a one sentence dialogue, the main characters from the first book aren't mentioned. This is supposed to be a small town where everyone knows everyone else. I had hoped for a glimpse into their storyline. Hopefully they will be in the 3rd book!
Esia_90
Apr 07, 2015 Esia_90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
Shelly
Oct 15, 2010 Shelly rated it really liked it
This was a good book. I wasn't sure I'd be able to jump into the series when I saw it was number 2, but there was no problem catching on. The romance was not really the focus for me because there were so many layers to the book. I was more interested in the murder and the coma stories. The murderer was somewhat of a surprise for me which has only happened a few times that I can think of.
Mindy
Jan 28, 2016 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.
I loved the main characters and the who did it aspect the book. I loved getting to know more about the secondary characters that are in the other books as well.
This can be a stand alone book but its also a part of a series. I have read the series out of order and it hasn't effected the other books.
Evelyn Wilson
Dec 06, 2015 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing
Suddenly One Summer, Jenna, Lexie, Reid; On Shadow Beach, Lauren and Shane and Abby .... you won't believe who killed Abby !!!; The Shelter Cove; At Hidden Falls AND Garden of Secrets, Charlotte, the doctor, her Mom, Monica, Joe, the Sheriff, Andrew the minister, this book I actually read first, I then bought the Angel's Bay series !!!
Rhonda Rae Baker
Nov 27, 2010 Rhonda Rae Baker rated it really liked it
Totally different story but in the same location of Angel's Bay. I was quite surprised and am hooked on reading all of the series.

Mystery, suspense, relationships...everything is there and I'm ready to take a vacation to visit this little town. Wonderful writing!
Julie Smith
May 15, 2013 Julie Smith rated it it was amazing
Well Barbara did it! She had me in tears. What an awesome book. I can't wait to start the third one. As a matter a fact after I write out this review I am ordering it. I am really loving the Angel Bay Series. I am having a hard time putting these books down. :)
Stephanie
Aug 18, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
You know when you can't put a book down b/c you just wanna know what happens next? I love when that happens and if definitly happened with this one! I finished the book in less than 24 hours! Onto the next in the series!
SJuhl4
Mar 22, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Enough action in the romance to keep us riveted. For those of us to need a mystery with our romance, this does the trick. The unsolved murder adds much to the story along with the conflict the main characters endure while trying to find the answers.
Audrey Haley
Jun 03, 2016 Audrey Haley rated it really liked it
Good book. Finally we find some answers to questions about characters in the first book. I liked it. I read it at my sister's house sitting by her pool...great huh!
Start with Suddenly One Summer, the first in the series.
Easy storyline with an interesting but not mind boggling twist.
Dianne
Jun 07, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly good book from start to finish! I thought I knew who the murderer was but I was wrong! I love mystery books that keep me guessing and then surprise me in the end. I highly recommend this series...I plan to start reading book 3 tomorrow.
Kelly
Aug 07, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it
good book for the beach bag...enough tragic circumstance to keep me reading but definitely not the most intellectual books Ive read!! I may have to do the third to finish the trilogy....10m days of summer left!
Jill
Jun 19, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
Second book of the Angel's Bay series and my favorite! Such an emotional and well-written story and I was on the edge of my seat worrying that things weren't going to work out. This is such a special story. Love, love, this series!
Viola
Nov 29, 2014 Viola rated it it was ok
Suggest reading first book in series. It is like a soap opera in a book. There are multiple stories lines in each book. Some of the characters stories are a continuous from one book to the next. I am a sucker for happy ending and this book did not disappoint.
Karen
Jun 10, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed returning to Angel's Bay in the second book of the series..Love the recurring characters and the town and it's mysteries..Would highly recommend..
Marran
Jan 19, 2015 Marran rated it liked it
Very good book...You get to meet the charaters from the first book and some characters story continue thru the book.

The main characters and story are very good
Nancy Martinez
Mar 23, 2016 Nancy Martinez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

This book has it all . The love of 2 people so strong that it can the broken. A love hate relationship between two friends. And the rekindling of old love. Perfect
Peni
Jul 31, 2014 Peni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series in so many ways. I highly recommend that a reader start at the beginning of the series to get the most out of it.
♥ Nell ♥
Mar 24, 2015 ♥ Nell ♥ rated it it was amazing
OMG!! This book made me cry!! Love the characters, and side plot story-lines. Can't wait for the next book!
Jan 13, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Love story/mystery. Good read. Just ordered the next book in the series(In Shelter Cove)from my local library!
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • Forever & Ever (Wyckerley Trilogy #3)
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • The Closer I Get to You
  • Return to Pearl Island: Bonus Chapters
  • Spellbound (Timeless Trilogy #2)
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • A Marriage of Convenience  (Western Lovers: Hitched in Haste, #7)
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • Home At Last Chance (Last Chance, #2)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)

“I told her that’s exactly how I felt, but I didn’t know” 0 likes