Wildflowers: A Novel

Wildflowers: A Novel

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Twenty-three dollars and eleven cents–that’s all that thirty-five-year-old Chloe Davis Michaels has to her name after she is driven from her home and career as a jet-setting Hollywood publicist, desperate to protect her unborn child from her crazed newlywed husband. She thought she had it all. Now Chloe seeks refuge in her Midwestern hometown to “get prayed up” by the wome...more
Published September 8th 2009 by Broadway Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wildflowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflowers

Gen
I loved the women characters in this book. I also liked the names of the characters, some were unique to me. These women were really strong and loving. They loved until it hurt, and some of them had to figure out when to let go.

There is nothing worse than giving your love to someone who doesn't want it or deserve it. I think that I indentified more with Chloe, but I could also relate to most of the other female characters. Wildflowers was inspirational.
Felicia (Ferishia)
This was book selected by my book club to read for the month. I'm not a fan of 'church, preachy' book. There was entirely too much drama and too many characters to keep track of. I was glad to finish it.
Laquetta
church,laughter, drama and family secrets. The inner workings of every family so its nice to know other ppl have crazy, lovable and disfunctions families just like mine.
Shante
liked this one way more than i thought i would. the main character's story line was pretty lame, but the family stuff was fun. familiar.
Cia
May 06, 2012 Cia added it
Takes you on a whirlwind. A story I would not ever want to be happening to me or anyone I know. But I did enjoy the ending.
Leillani-truso
It is a great book if you like to hear about people personal life or relationships
Janecia
This was a really good book.
Kelly Edmond
Kelly Edmond marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Gladys Norris
Gladys Norris marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Kya
Kya added it
Feb 23, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Sheryl Boyce
Sheryl Boyce marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Casey
Casey added it
Dec 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Wildflowers by Lyah Beth Leflore 1 3 Apr 29, 2010 06:58AM
Last Night A DJ Saved My Life: A Novel Cosmopolitan Girls: A Novel Cosmopolitan Girls: A Novel The Strawberry Letter: Real Talk, Real Advice, Because Bitterness Isn't Sexy Cosmopolitan Girls: A Novel