Start by marking “Secretos de Familia” as Want to Read:
Secretos de Familia

Secretos de Familia (The Westmorelands #7)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  877 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Él siempre conseguía todo lo que deseaba... Había algo muy apetecible y Chase sabía que no figuraba en la carta de su restaurante. Su nueva vecina, Jessica, era tan deliciosa como los postres que preparaba. Tanto, que a Chase le resultaba difícil concentrarse en algo que no fuera la curva de sus labios. Jessica no podía negar el deseo que se respiraba en el aire cada vez q ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Secretos de Familia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secretos de Familia

stilwaterz
Chase Westmoreland's siblings have married and now all eyes are on this dreamy restauranteer. Business is good and the last thing Chase needs in his life is a serious relationship. That was his mantra until he laid eyes on Jessica Claiborne, his new neighbor. Jessica is opening a bakery two doors down from the highly successful Chase's Place.

After a rocky start, sparks fly and Chase makes it clear that he will never marry because his trust in women was ruined by a previous relationship. He deman
Norma Smith
May 13, 2016 Norma Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of romance novels.
Recommended to Norma by: Fans of Brenda Jackson and the public library
Shelves: romance
Your simply delicious that's how Chase Westmoreland sees Jessica Claiborne for the rest of his life. But before they can get there they have to get past old pain and lost of trust. Jessica has promised her grandmother she would clear her grandfathers name. Opening a sweet shop down the street from Chase's restaurant doesn't help matters at all. Being a die- hard bachelor for life doesn't mean you will stay one. It is said that what Chase wants, Chase gets.!! When he meets Jessica that is what he ...more
Toni
Nov 29, 2010 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
(read as e-book, but it looks like a book version will be re-published in 2011.)

This is part of the highly enjoyable and extensive Westmoreland series. Jessica Claiborne left her law career to follow her true passion of cooking. She moves from California to Georgia to open a chocolate shop and to hopefully clear the name of her deceased grandfather. He was accused years earlier by his best friend, a restaurateur, of stealing secret family recipes and selling them to a competitor. Jessica has no
Lynetta
Oct 24, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Truth

Chase Westmoreland finds himself where he vowed never to go...in love. Happy Endings have been foretold by the author yet she continues The Westmorelands in fresh and intriguing adventures that causes the heart to soar.
Arnissa Burnett
Apr 20, 2015 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing sexy!!!!!

To enjoyed reading this book. I'm falling in love with all the Westmoreland men. On to book 8. I don't think I will ever get enough of them.
Toni
Dec 14, 2014 Toni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner for the Westmoreland's. Chase Westmoreland is not happy with the owner of Delicious Cravings because of the chaos it's creating in the parking situation for his restaurant, Chase's Place. Jessica Claiborne has apologized to the other businesses, and they've been understanding. Chase wasn't when she came to apologize and offer him some of the treats she makes.
Chase takes Jessica a peace offering, a generous special of the day from his restaurant. The Sparks between them every time
GuisBell
May 16, 2016 GuisBell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lo-normal
Una historia entretenida para pasar un buen rato.
Ariana
Jun 01, 2016 Ariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all the women in this series, I believe I dislike Jessica the most. Something about her just didn't sit right with me.
Yvonne
Feb 05, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh so good ...
Yolanda
Aug 15, 2013 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chase was trying so desperately not to give his heart away that he did not see Jessica coming in to put his heart on lock. Jessica was not looking for a relationship when she moved to Atlanta but to vindicate her grandfather's name. However, Love has a mind of its own.

Brenda Jackson took no prisoners in spinning this love tale with a dash of mystery imposed. The book read like poetry and as always the love scenes tastefully written but still have you crossing your legs while reading. Loved it!
Jennifer Schultheis
The Chase is On is one of my favorite Westmoreland books. There is just something about a man who knows his way around a kitchen, that gets to me. This book is about finding out the truth and writing some wrongs. The characters were lovable and engaging. The storyline kept me on the edge of my seat, and the romance, made my heart melt. Once again, Brenda Jackson always provides an excellent read, that will leave a lasting impression on you.
Sophia
Jan 28, 2014 Sophia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great book
Karen
Oct 09, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Secrets can cause a relationship to take a nose-dive. Chase Westmoreland, owner of Chase's Place and Jessica Claiborne the new kid on the block of Delicious Cravings are attracted to one another when neither one of them wants to recognize it. However, Jessica has is on a mission to prove her grandfather's innocence, but wind up falling in love with the enemy, Chase. Another wonderful Westmoreland love story.
Taz Will
Jun 20, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought Chase was going to be the smooth talking man just waiting to fall in love. He was but he did come off the top with all the wrong words ticking Jessica off. When he realized what he'd done he was quick to put it right but she was doing a little too much. She should've told him what she was up to and it would've saved them a ton of mess. In the end it was really good.
Shawnette
Mar 20, 2009 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chase Westmoreland is FINALLY burnt by the flames of love. The instant and HEATED attraction between Jessica and Chase sets the pages of this novel on fire. I enjoy the camaraderie and loving bond the Westmorelands continuously displays towards one another throughout this series. Mrs. Jackson delivers another quick, spicy, romantic treat.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I love this book a quick read but worth it Chase was very sweet and a man that can cook mmmmmmmmmm! it was a treat, the best brother i think THORN O.M.G!!!! i cant even put my experience reading that book into words it was that good ......
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chase & Jessica made the cutest couple he was her dinner she was his dessert. I loved the dialogue between them when they first met. I was happy Jessica was able to clear her grandfather name. It was a very cute book to read.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! If you're a Brenda Jackson fan, then you know her books are always great. I finished this in less than a weekend. I received it as a Christmas gift on Saturday and was finished on Sunday afternoon.
LaTonya
Jan 27, 2014 LaTonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good story, and what's better than a man who can cook? I enjoyed this book. Brenda has done it again!
Beth
May 10, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Uplifting and happy, I'm really enjoying the Westmoreland family.
Paula Alford
Nov 20, 2013 Paula Alford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good book I enjoyed it from the start until finished !!!!!
Chivon
Jun 30, 2011 Chivon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love Brenda Jackson, can't go wrong with one of her novels.
Cf
Sep 09, 2012 Cf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another virgin these stories are really repetitive.
Shannon
Mar 07, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Jess and Chase was a nice love story.
Teresa Scott
Jul 16, 2012 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good one by Brenda Jackson
Mar 28, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a very good book
Lashonda Mcwilliams
Apr 04, 2012 Lashonda Mcwilliams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Sexy, a good read
Sharon
Oct 04, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
  • Very Private Duty
  • Heart of the Falcon
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • A Legal Affair
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)