Start by marking “Whispered Promises” as Want to Read:
Whispered Promises

Whispered Promises (Madaris Family & Friends #2)

Even a once-in-a-lifetime love

When Halston Parker calls his daughter Caitlin to his deathbed, she's shocked to discover that her ex-husband, Dex Madaris, has been summoned as well. It's been four years since Caitlin felt the heat of Dex's touch, the urgency of his kisses and the promise of an everlasting love that never was. As a flood of bittersweet memories warms a col

Published September 1st 1999 by Harlequin (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Whispered Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispered Promises

Monica
Jul 16, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing
Another one Bites the dust..Great read indeed.

I have to say though when you don't like a book it is a complete waist of time to write a 2 page review about how you disliked the book,especially out of 200 reviews if you are the only one who disliked it; also spoiling it for everyone else who hasn't read the book, by telling the book in it's entirety. Brenda Jackson writes ROMANCE NOVELS, there will be no shooting, thugs, the hood, or drugs involved, so if this is what you are looking for when rea
Connie
Sweet, surprising read. (Read again today third time!) Dex hasn't seen or talked to Caitlin, his ex-wife, in four years. Now, they have just received some shocking news from her father right before he dies! Mr. Parker never filed their divorce papers and Dex and Caitlin are still married. On top of that, there are some dangerous men who are angry over a land deal and are threatening to harm Caitlin if she doesn't sell the land to them. Will Dex be able to protect Caitlin as well as resolve the i ...more
Bridget
I enjoyed this book a lot !
Jazzypom
Aug 08, 2008 Jazzypom rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: brenda jackson devotees - everyone else, stay away.
Recommended to Jazzypom by: librarian - I truly need to stop listening to her.
From what I gather, this book is a Silhouette reissue - so somewhere, somehow, this family series was popular, and probably launched this writer into some sort of stardom. I ask, how?

So, Caitlin and Dex were married four years ago. The marriage was fraught with challenges. First, Caitlin was 21, Dex 10 years her senior, 2nd, it was a 'whirlwind romance'. Caitlin's father decided to play the guilt card (the book never says how, but I'm thinking Fred from Sanford and Son, hand over heart, face in
Joyce Hudson
May 13, 2015 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Read this book over 18 years ago and the re-read was well worth it. Didn't remember somethings like Corinthians in this book didn't remember that she and Trevor met in Whispered Promises.
Great love story between Dex and Caitlin. They both fell in love with each the moment they met and it did not hurt that baby brother Clayton was insinuating that he was going to go after Caitlin if is brother Dex did bust a move.
Wow the lengths that a father would take to keep Dex and Caitlin apart. Makes me won
T'Laina D.
Aug 29, 2013 T'Laina D. rated it it was amazing
This book turned out to be rather nice. I did not like the way Caitlin handled Dexter in the beginning and I did not like the way Dexter handled Caitlin either. I was like why even try to be together but they have a common bond. And to me that bond is worth fighting for. Jordan is their common link and as a woman now I see two parents are needed. A WOMAN & A MAN are needed to foster the development of a GREAT individual.
Celeste
Dec 14, 2014 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgiveness is essential for growth

Caitlin and Dexter story is one where you come to understand the importance of forgiveness and sacrifice. Love truly does not insist in its own way . The story takes you on a journey of what it means to honor and cherish and to forsake all others. What God brings together let no person tear apart
Chelsea
Sep 09, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
HHHHhhh... It's so beautiful to see another Madaris brother find love again. Caitlin was able to melt the heart of bitter Dex! Interesting to see how one mistake ruined the relationship of these two individuals and in the same breath that same mistake reunited them. I truly enjoyed this story and I can't wait to see Clayton turn in his player card!
Karen
Aug 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
So far I am definitely enjoying the Madaris Family series. I was so grateful that Dex come to his senses and realized the error of his ways so that him and his true love Caitlin could finally live together in total and blissful matrimony. Awesome read!
Andrea Bevier-wimbush
Apr 05, 2013 Andrea Bevier-wimbush rated it it was amazing
I am listening to it now and will edit my review when I am done. to be continued with my review. but don't' worry I will give one. :)
Diana
Dec 22, 2010 Diana added it
Right now I am on about chapter 7. I read some of the review and I completely disagree. I think it is wonderful so far. The little girl Jordan is adorable.
Kynshayla
Dec 10, 2012 Kynshayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't really know where to start..... this book was amazing, like all of BRENDA JACKSON novels. Her characters to me are as real as if they were standing before me.
Shannon
Mar 15, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Brenda Jackson has done it again. Dex and I share the same zodiac symbol. So far, Brenda has not let be down. Keep it coming! Her love stories are totally awesome.
Lady Raven RAVE!
WoW I love this story great romance. She was way young but who cares I love their love. KEEPER KEEPER.

Taz Will
Jul 22, 2013 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
I was so wanting to read about good old Dex and what his problem was. I couldn't believe what Caitlin was hiding from him. Loved it and read it non stop.
Deana Brim
Jan 23, 2012 Deana Brim rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book by Ms. Jackson! I have read it 100 times!
Cheryl Shaw
loved it
Judith
Oct 04, 2012 Judith rated it it was amazing
Love the Madaris series
Darcia Scates
Mar 01, 2017 Darcia Scates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Brenda Jackson delivers! You will want to read this as you take out the trash, in your bed, etc. You will try to fight sleep to finish this! Brenda brings the right amount of suspense and believable characters and dialogue to keep you entertained and interested. I finished her Westmoreland series, and now I have to start this Madarais series. I am glad Mrs. Jackson chose romance writing as her second career. Buy this Book!
Desiree
Dex & Caitlin's reconciliation story was a nice twist to the standard "attraction, romance, fight, reconcile" formula. Although all of those stages happened, it seemed to happen in a more circular manner with these two. Also, even though it was great they got back together, the time they spent working out their trust and betrayal issues seemed too quick to build a long lasting relationship.
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book's story line is very good but sad. I felt sad & sorry for Caitlin, I can't imagine how it feels to go through what she went through. I loved the scenes with Dex & Jordan. I loved Dex's character & how he protected his wife. I loved the ending. This was a great romance to read & I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Great job Ms. Jackson.
Rebecca
Beautiful

Such a beautiful love story. Dex and Caitlin were priceless in the love that they had for one another. Brenda Jackson did a great job once again showing love can overcome anything. I would recommend this book.
Khamille
Apr 04, 2016 Khamille rated it it was amazing
It is so wonderfully told...i read it once a year.
Patrice
Jan 19, 2009 Patrice is currently reading it
I'm forcing myself to read it; follow-up to Tonight and forever
Tina
Jan 14, 2014 Tina added it
a lovely read. I would recommend and of Brenda Jackson's books. Im reading the Madaris series, now. I read the Westmoreland series in 2013.
Thara
Jun 24, 2013 Thara rated it really liked it
Shelves: explicit
Great story, but I didn't care for added parts of other's relationships at odd times
Cf
Feb 28, 2013 Cf rated it liked it
My first book with the Madaris series. Jumping ahead to Trevor and Corinthians story.
Arnissa Burnett
Mar 13, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rollecoaster ride of emotions

This book had me seriously emotional as if I was part of the story. Great read from beginning to end.
Linda
Oct 13, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! I love how The author took us through an amazing venture of love and forgiveness!
Sheral Pitt
Mar 25, 2013 Sheral Pitt rated it really liked it
This is a great romance and I loved the story line. Real love is worth waiting for!! I would have loved to see the highs and lows dramatized a little more.
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Hideaway
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • The Edge of Midnight
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Eternally Yours