Junky Styling: Wardrobe Surgery

Junky Styling: Wardrobe Surgery

2.89 of 5 stars 2.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The fashion label Junky Stylinggrew out the authors’ passion for transforming secondhand clothing into innovative fashion statements that showcase the wearer’s individual style and flair. In this book, Annika Sanders and Kerry Seager record the origins of the company, from the clothes being worn by the authorsin London clubs in the nineties to a small retail shop to a succ...more
Published March 15th 2011 by A&C Black (first published 2009)

BooksnWool
This is a fascinating story about how not to go into business (i.e. starting a tailoring business when you can't sew and know nothing of business) AND how to set up a world-famous concern (passion, commitment, vision, hard work, courage and LOTs of good friends)!

Delightful, and I adore their clothes and the whole idea of doing the post-modern thing with textiles and re-mashing old quality pieces into something new, unique and wonderful. Ten percent of landfill is clothing, I think I read. These...more
Reyna (Glamour Glory)
Cool ideas, but the DIY's they have aren't the greatest. I think it's more of a book to look at to give you some ideas. The only thing I really wanted to learn how to do was their men's bomber jacket, but bc it is their most popular item, they didn't add it in their diy's.
Dani
This book was not what I expected. It is 90% history of a British fashion house with about six DIY projects. As a previous reviewer said, the pictures could probably give an experienced seamstress som inspiration but the book isnt much help for beginners.
Raluca
Raluca marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Jackie Harrison-jewell
Jackie Harrison-jewell marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Tereneh
Tereneh marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Louisa
Louisa added it
Jul 30, 2011
Laurel
Laurel marked it as to-read
May 23, 2011
Mary
Mary added it
Oct 13, 2009
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2009
marcali
marcali marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2009
Junky Styling Deconstruct Reconstruct Jeans (Deconstruct Reconstruct) Deconstruct Reconstruct T-Shirts