Start by marking “Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies” as Want to Read:
Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies

Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Nothing brightens up a party or makes a celebration out of an everyday gathering like beautifully decorated cookies and cakes. Yet buying from boutique bakeries doesn’t have to be your only option—there’s a simple, fun way to have fabulous desserts at a fraction of the price. Simply Spectacular Cakes is the perfect guide for creating your own elegant, designer-quality conf ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Spectacular Cakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply Spectacular Cakes

Sarai
May 17, 2010 Sarai rated it it was amazing
I am no cook. Therefore, I will never be trying the techniques in this book. My review is simply from a pictorial perspective - the pictures are luscious! It's not all cakes - there are cookies and cupcakes and petit fours as well. They all look amazing and make me wish I had the patience to try some of the design tips out. If you like looking at gorgeous pictures of yummy treats, this book will hit the spot.
Just - The romance reader
Sep 02, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library, cookbook
gorgeous photos, very inspiring designs. I would love to try my hand at some of these designs
Catherine
Jun 15, 2013 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cuisine
First of all it is truly beautiful book, the pictures and designs are amazing to look at.

Second- it is not a recipe book. It does contain basic recipes for cookies, three cakes, sugar syrups, buttercreams and ganache which is enough to make already some different cakes but thats it. No complicated recipes.

It really is a decorating book. Many amazing ideas to decorate cakes, cupcakes, cookies and fancies. Step by step explanations how to create damask pattern, how to do royal-icing dome/cage (lov
Lenna
May 19, 2010 Lenna rated it liked it
I would have given this book 5 stars for the beautiful cakes and cookies decorated in it, but I would have to be a pastry chef to pull these off. I don't even know where you could purchase some of the decorations used.
Sherri
Jun 12, 2010 Sherri rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
this book was beautiful to look at. It has treats that you'd find in a bakery shop. Easy directions on how to make some stuff. Little too putzy for me but doable.
Jennie Casey
Dec 30, 2014 Jennie Casey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful cake book. The recipes are actually quite amazingly good!
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Sep 06, 2015
Hyun-soo Han
Hyun-soo Han marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Zoe
Zoe added it
Jul 25, 2015
Zoe
Zoe added it
Jul 25, 2015
Claudio
Claudio marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Janelle
Janelle rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
RomanticatHeart
RomanticatHeart marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Lacie ♥
Lacie ♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Lacie ♥
Lacie ♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Deborah Russell
Deborah Russell rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Julie A.
Julie A. rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Bárbara
Bárbara marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Mar Pastor
Mar Pastor marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014