Start by marking “Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies” as Want to Read:
Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies

Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Nothing brightens up a party or makes a celebration out of an everyday gathering like beautifully decorated cookies and cakes. Yet buying from boutique bakeries doesn’t have to be your only option—there’s a simple, fun way to have fabulous desserts at a fraction of the price. Simply Spectacular Cakes is the perfect guide for creating your own elegant, designer-quality conf ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Spectacular Cakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply Spectacular Cakes

Sarai
I am no cook. Therefore, I will never be trying the techniques in this book. My review is simply from a pictorial perspective - the pictures are luscious! It's not all cakes - there are cookies and cupcakes and petit fours as well. They all look amazing and make me wish I had the patience to try some of the design tips out. If you like looking at gorgeous pictures of yummy treats, this book will hit the spot.
Just - The romance reader
gorgeous photos, very inspiring designs. I would love to try my hand at some of these designs
Lenna
I would have given this book 5 stars for the beautiful cakes and cookies decorated in it, but I would have to be a pastry chef to pull these off. I don't even know where you could purchase some of the decorations used.
Sherri
this book was beautiful to look at. It has treats that you'd find in a bakery shop. Easy directions on how to make some stuff. Little too putzy for me but doable.
Hyun-soo Han
Hyun-soo Han marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Zoe
Zoe added it
Jul 25, 2015
RomanticatHeart
RomanticatHeart marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Lacie ♥
Lacie ♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Yasemin Çalış
Yasemin Çalış marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Jacinta
Jacinta marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Clarissa Molteno
Clarissa Molteno marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Pang Narak
Pang Narak marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Sarah added it
Aug 10, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Boutique Baking: Delectable Cakes, Cupcakes and Teatime Treats Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cakes and Cookies for All Occasions Cake Chic: Stylish Cookies and Cakes for All Occasions. Peggy Porschen Beautiful Cakes Cupcakes