Start by marking “Retribution (Refuge Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Retribution (Refuge Shifters, #2)

Retribution (Refuge Shifters #2)

Three lonely souls find each other in the midst of an all out war between the shifters and the Hunters.
Mother Earth gave Ryker Allen rebirth over a century ago, his main purpose to protect Mother's shifter children. Ryker has never begrudged his duties, but the loneliness is something he'll never get used to.

Daniel was the King of the Coyotes until a mistake led to the dec
Published August 18th 2009 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retribution

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
238th out of 936 books — 1,252 voters
More by Sloan Parker911 by Chris OwenDark Horse by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CárdenasOut of the Darkness by Kate Sherwood
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
82nd out of 368 books — 646 voters

More lists with this book...

May 23, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
That was a cool shifter story revolving around Native American beliefs with Father Sky and Earth Mother controlling things. Daniel finally finds his mates but is slowly dying because of all the guilt he carries around. He needs to get to Crater Lake so he can purge the guilt but he gets kidnapped by the Hunters so they have to be defeated first...blah, blah. His men get him and we get just a bit of the ole' DP action. Yesss! Interesting story.
Brenda (b)
Sep 05, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it liked it
I'm a bit disappointed, I was looking forward to this story because I really liked the 1st book, Extinction . I liked this story, but for me, it just felt average. I felt as if there were parts of the story missing – there were times when I thought things moved from one scene to the next too quickly. I didn't feel a there was a good connection between Ryker, Daniel and Hakan. There seemed to be no scenes where they got to know each other personally. The resolution of the conflict with The Hunte ...more
Erotic Horizon
Aug 26, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
After sending the first wave of shifters on their way to Refuge, Ryker and Daniel are on their way to find Hakan the sky guardian. Ryker is concern about Daniel’s food intake and his depressing mood. He barely gets a chance to voice is concern before a more pressing matter seem to be affecting them both.

Both men are drawn to the area that Hakan lives and as soon as they lay eyes on him, it seems to be affecting Hakan as well. These three men are top of their race and now it seems as if Mother ea
Aug 07, 2013 Jacq rated it it was ok
Cute love story for the lonely. This story was very crowded! I think Daniel should of had his own story. Daniel seems to be a a bit bipolor luving between being rown up and there kid... Argh. I still can't get over, Daniel asking for a glass of milk, when Ryker ask for a beer. Bottom line the book was tooooo crowded for me.

I'm going to have to leave this series, for a while I'm board with it.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Mar 31, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Deeze
Second book in the shifter series, it's m/m/m and left some questions but I guess I'll find out more in the next installment!
I do like that this series has a very different history for the shifters and some 'new' creations!
Jan 11, 2013 L-D is currently reading it
okay weird - I went to review this book which I thought I read weeks ago, and then realized I didn't get past page 7. So I'm not sure what that says about my interest in this series. I'll give it another shot soon.
Dec 08, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it
I loved it! Some things don’t make sense yet but I'm sure than in the next book maybe things will start to come in to light.
Jan 29, 2015 Hannah rated it it was ok
what the heck???? First of all, i guess threesomes aren't as sexy as one would originally think. i really can't stand this three-some. its too much. and the way they fell in love with one another within 5min. is creepy and weird. i can see where the author wanted to go with this but its too rushed and forced
Apr 24, 2014 Khaoula rated it it was ok
Earth Mother is a B**** & Sky Father is D*** Head, no further statement.
Kristen Miranda
Jun 28, 2015 Kristen Miranda rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m-romance
This is a nice fantasy series. I am truely enjoying it. If you are wanting hot sex on everyother page this is not for you, but if you would like a good solid read this is the book for you.
Jun 22, 2011 Jess rated it liked it
great plot but author skipped major events and was unclear on many issues. looking forward to seeing what happens in book 3
Aug 23, 2012 Jo rated it really liked it
3.5... I think I would have liked it better without the coyote...
Nerine Petros
Dec 01, 2010 Nerine Petros rated it liked it
R marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Auraya rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Trittany rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Emma added it
Aug 16, 2016
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Arlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Pikafr added it
Jun 09, 2016
Tara Perkoski
Tara Perkoski rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Kara Commins
Kara Commins rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Jerry rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2016
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)
  • Secrets (Soul Mates #4)
  • A Hunter's Desires (Tri-Omega Mates #6)
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • Dragon's Bloodmoon (Deadly Mates #4)
  • Midnight Howl (Howl and Prowl #1)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Bound By Nature (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Shifting Sands

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Refuge Shifters (4 books)
  • Extinction (Refuge Shifters, #1)
  • Evolution (Refuge Shifters, #3)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)