Start by marking “Perfect Timing” as Want to Read:
Perfect Timing

Perfect Timing (The Perfect Series #1)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  659 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
"A terrific book...Ms. Jackson brings passion and tenderness, faith and trust, together with friendship and family, and does it so well." --The Paperback Forum on Tonight and Forever
Published March 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Timing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Timing

Shawnette
Nov 01, 2007 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Timing is Everything

Mya and Maxi forged their friendship in grade school. Along the way came Christopher and Mya's love, Garrett. Mya is a finance executive married to the professional athlete Garrett. Maxi is the college professor who was Christopher's only friend during their school years. Because of a secret that Mya chose to keep right after high school graduation, her relationship with Maxi is strained. Feeling like the town pariah, Christopher leaves Savannah vowing never to return. Ten ye
Pearl
Apr 09, 2011 Pearl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the love that Maxi and Christopher shared was really beautiful. Christopher had a lot of struggles to deal with and to over come them was great. I only wish that Brenda would have built on there relationship more it was to many distractions going on in the story. I was glad that Mya didn't let a kiss destroy there marriage, especially knowing that she was married to a NFL Football player and how women will come on to your man. Garrett really loved her deep in his soul. Also think that ...more
Lynetta
Dec 09, 2014 Lynetta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never say Never

This is a poignant illustration of commitment and forgiveness. The characters, Mya and Garrett, Maxie and Christopher are "as real as real can get, and if what you're looking for is real loving, then what you see is what you get." This is a story that imparts understanding of the pain that accompanies betrayal and the strength it takes to forgive. Forgiveness is often more easily said than done yet i believe "a broken heart can mend" when given time. This book goes beyond the enjo
Joyce Hudson
Mar 02, 2016 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
It has been 13 years since I read this book and I have enjoyed reading it again even though I can't remember anything about it. As usual Brenda has a wonderful way of drawing you in making you want to know the characters on a more personal level.
Christopher was the town's bad boy and Maxi was girl who knew Christopher's secret and knew he was not what was perceived by others.
Mya and Maxi were best friends since they were each 6 years old. Mya had lost both of her parents in a car accident and we
Nova
Mar 18, 2015 Nova rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This is the story of Maxine Chandler & Mya RIvers.
Best friends since childhood, circumstances & a misunderstanding put distance between them.
A class reunion cruise just might be the catalyst that helps them to get past their struggles & problems.
Mya is married to her high school sweetheart. Things are strained between her & Garrett. She is working & traveling.
He is working & feeling the strain of Mya being gone so often.
Maxine is single & going through some persona
Regina
Sep 21, 2014 Regina rated it liked it
I have to give this author extra kudos for using the throwback phrase "ace-boon-coon."
Overall, I enjoyed the story. Although, there were a few "technical" errors that were mildly annoying. For instance, after 9/11/01 - Airports only let ticketed passengers past security, and Cruise ships close down the Casino when they enter U.S. territory, so nobody gambles all night on the last night of the cruise.

This is my first read of this author; I'll read more of her work.
Connie
Loved it! Maxi and Mya have been friends since grade school. A secret tore them apart but a tenth year anniversary high school reunion cruise reunites them along with the men that love them. Forgiveness is a huge theme in this book. So glad that Maxi and Christopher and Mya and Garrett believe in second chances!
Janice N. Haigler
Dec 01, 2015 Janice N. Haigler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Book!

I enjoy reading this book. Once I started reading it was really hard to put down. Great message when it came to love and loyalty. I can relate to the trust factor in this book. That's why I really enjoy Mrs. Jackson storyline. Good job!
Michelle Wilson
Jul 17, 2014 Michelle Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtaking and absolutely beautiful! This shows a great example of true love. No matter what were going through there's always second chances but through trials and tribulations we must choose what road we want to take. Taking risks always have consequences. Great writing a definite must read!
Rena Miller
Apr 06, 2016 Rena Miller rated it really liked it
This book showed how love can conquer all with time and understanding. I like how each chapter alternated between characters as it kept the flow going. I was that everyone got their HEA.
Marie Antoine
Oct 07, 2014 Marie Antoine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Brenda Jackson

Beautiful romance with great and romantic characters. this is a must read. should go and pick it up.A+++ book and great author
Bridget
Jul 02, 2015 Bridget rated it it was ok
Shelves: forgetable
I typically love all things by Brenda Jackson (i own over 30 of her books), but this book took forever for me to read. The story line was slow and on page 207 I officially decided I was done with this book. I skimmed the following pages to see how the story ended, but this book did nothing for me. I purchased this book so it's disappointing when you end up not liking a book, but that's why there are so many books for so many readers who have so many different tastes.
Toni
Jan 17, 2014 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Christoper and Maxine are a wonderful couple. As kids, she believed in him and befriended him when no one else would. Imagine meeting years later and realizing that the feelings they had for each other would still be there. A story of love, confidence and hope.
Karen
Jul 16, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This was an awesome love story between Maxi and Christopher in which Maxi's love, kindness, and friendship helped Christopher to love, trust, and cherish her and grant her the ultimate gift before the inevitable happened. It also told of Maxi's best friend, Mya and her husband Garrett and their true meaning of love, trust, betrayal, and ultimately forgiveness. Both love stories were excellent and is a great way to start off this "Perfect" series. Awesome read!
Tiarra
Nov 02, 2014 Tiarra rated it did not like it
Predictable.
BW Diva
Jan 09, 2013 BW Diva rated it it was amazing
This was a very good read I can understand the friendship that Maxi & Mya had.....to lose close contact with your best friend .....Mya and Garrett had a great relationship it just goes to show that everyone goes thru things.......I would suggest this book!!!!!!
Carol
May 13, 2015 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story of timeless love strong enough to survive distance, time, and jealous attacks

Love can conquer a lot, but these characters have to decide if their love is enough to overcome some extremely tragic situations.
Joanne
Jun 29, 2013 Joanne rated it liked it
Maxine and Myra have been friends since grammar school but a misunderstanding upon going to college had separated them. They reunite on their 15th class reunion cruise and become like sisters once more.
Ikaika
Dec 03, 2010 Ikaika rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I love this book! Maxi and Christopher's story is a great love story. It shows true friendship, trust and most of all love. This so far...is one of my favorite Brenda Jackson books.
Biba
Mar 25, 2015 Biba rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. It was well written and well organized. Ilook forward to reading more books form this author. This was my first book by her.
Shantie
Mar 15, 2013 Shantie rated it it was amazing
Brenda Jackson at her best. I loved this book. It was wonderful and I Ms. Jackson is one of my favorite authors.
Whtyac
Oct 01, 2013 Whtyac rated it really liked it
It was a nice entertaining read while exposing the complexities of long-term relationships and love.
Domonica Starks
Jul 17, 2012 Domonica Starks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The love Maxi & Christopher shared was epic & beautiful.
Raquel Moore
i liked it alot, it was alot better than perfect fit
Gwen
Jun 23, 2014 Gwen rated it it was amazing
Nothing is better than love and friendship.
Shannon
Apr 05, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Honor, Love and Trust.......... Beautiful Story!
Cf
Mar 16, 2013 Cf rated it liked it
I must say I enjoyed this book.
T'Laina D.
Aug 01, 2013 T'Laina D. rated it really liked it
How cute! Love has found them
Linda Knox
Apr 21, 2013 Linda Knox rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
Tazzyt2bossye
May 29, 2013 Tazzyt2bossye rated it liked it
3.78
  • Let's Get It On
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Heart's Secret
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • The Edge of Dawn
  • Touch of Heaven
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Perfect Series (2 books)
  • Perfect Fit

“no matter how big you think your problems are, someone else's problems could always be bigger, which makes yours relatively small!” 37 likes
“in due time you'll learn there is life after a lost love!” 33 likes