Start by marking “Perfect Timing” as Want to Read:
Perfect Timing
Preview

Perfect Timing (The Perfect Series #1)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  545 ratings  ·  25 reviews
"A terrific book...Ms. Jackson brings passion and tenderness, faith and trust, together with friendship and family, and does it so well." --The Paperback Forum on Tonight and Forever
Published March 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Timing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Timing

Shawnette
Timing is Everything

Mya and Maxi forged their friendship in grade school. Along the way came Christopher and Mya's love, Garrett. Mya is a finance executive married to the professional athlete Garrett. Maxi is the college professor who was Christopher's only friend during their school years. Because of a secret that Mya chose to keep right after high school graduation, her relationship with Maxi is strained. Feeling like the town pariah, Christopher leaves Savannah vowing never to return. Ten ye
Pearl
I thought the love that Maxi and Christopher shared was really beautiful. Christopher had a lot of struggles to deal with and to over come them was great. I only wish that Brenda would have built on there relationship more it was to many distractions going on in the story. I was glad that Mya didn't let a kiss destroy there marriage, especially knowing that she was married to a NFL Football player and how women will come on to your man. Garrett really loved her deep in his soul. Also think that ...more
Lynetta
Never say Never

This is a poignant illustration of commitment and forgiveness. The characters, Mya and Garrett, Maxie and Christopher are "as real as real can get, and if what you're looking for is real loving, then what you see is what you get." This is a story that imparts understanding of the pain that accompanies betrayal and the strength it takes to forgive. Forgiveness is often more easily said than done yet i believe "a broken heart can mend" when given time. This book goes beyond the enjo
Nova
This is the story of Maxine Chandler & Mya RIvers.
Best friends since childhood, circumstances & a misunderstanding put distance between them.
A class reunion cruise just might be the catalyst that helps them to get past their struggles & problems.
Mya is married to her high school sweetheart. Things are strained between her & Garrett. She is working & traveling.
He is working & feeling the strain of Mya being gone so often.
Maxine is single & going through some persona
Regina
I have to give this author extra kudos for using the throwback phrase "ace-boon-coon."
Overall, I enjoyed the story. Although, there were a few "technical" errors that were mildly annoying. For instance, after 9/11/01 - Airports only let ticketed passengers past security, and Cruise ships close down the Casino when they enter U.S. territory, so nobody gambles all night on the last night of the cruise.

This is my first read of this author; I'll read more of her work.
Carol
Great story of timeless love strong enough to survive distance, time, and jealous attacks

Love can conquer a lot, but these characters have to decide if their love is enough to overcome some extremely tragic situations.
Michelle Wilson
Breathtaking and absolutely beautiful! This shows a great example of true love. No matter what were going through there's always second chances but through trials and tribulations we must choose what road we want to take. Taking risks always have consequences. Great writing a definite must read!
Marie Antoine
Another great book by Brenda Jackson

Beautiful romance with great and romantic characters. this is a must read. should go and pick it up.A+++ book and great author
Toni
Christoper and Maxine are a wonderful couple. As kids, she believed in him and befriended him when no one else would. Imagine meeting years later and realizing that the feelings they had for each other would still be there. A story of love, confidence and hope.
Karen
This was an awesome love story between Maxi and Christopher in which Maxi's love, kindness, and friendship helped Christopher to love, trust, and cherish her and grant her the ultimate gift before the inevitable happened. It also told of Maxi's best friend, Mya and her husband Garrett and their true meaning of love, trust, betrayal, and ultimately forgiveness. Both love stories were excellent and is a great way to start off this "Perfect" series. Awesome read!
Tiarra
Predictable.
BW Diva
This was a very good read I can understand the friendship that Maxi & Mya had.....to lose close contact with your best friend .....Mya and Garrett had a great relationship it just goes to show that everyone goes thru things.......I would suggest this book!!!!!!
Joanne
Maxine and Myra have been friends since grammar school but a misunderstanding upon going to college had separated them. They reunite on their 15th class reunion cruise and become like sisters once more.
Ikaika
Dec 03, 2010 Ikaika rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I love this book! Maxi and Christopher's story is a great love story. It shows true friendship, trust and most of all love. This so far...is one of my favorite Brenda Jackson books.
Biba
Mar 25, 2015 Biba rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. It was well written and well organized. Ilook forward to reading more books form this author. This was my first book by her.
Shantie
Brenda Jackson at her best. I loved this book. It was wonderful and I Ms. Jackson is one of my favorite authors.
Whtyac
It was a nice entertaining read while exposing the complexities of long-term relationships and love.
Domonica Starks

The love Maxi & Christopher shared was epic & beautiful.
Raquel Moore
i liked it alot, it was alot better than perfect fit
Gwen
Nothing is better than love and friendship.
Shannon
Honor, Love and Trust.......... Beautiful Story!
Cf
I must say I enjoyed this book.
T'Laina D.
How cute! Love has found them
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Ruby
Ruby added it
Apr 25, 2015
  • Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Welcome to Leo's
  • Her Lover's Legacy (Braddocks Secret Son, #1)
  • A Whole Lotta Love
  • Sexy/Dangerous

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Perfect Series (2 books)
  • Perfect Fit
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)

“no matter how big you think your problems are, someone else's problems could always be bigger, which makes yours relatively small!” 34 likes
“in due time you'll learn there is life after a lost love!” 29 likes