Start by marking “Unfinished Business” as Want to Read:
Unfinished Business

Unfinished Business (Madaris Family & Friends #13)

4.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,182 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
"Hot and sexy."—Romance Reader at HeartTM

A PROMISE MADE

Investigative reporter Christy Madaris doesn't want to complicate her life with romance. She made that mistake once when she believed Alex Maxwell's promise to marry her. True, Alex made that promise when Christy was just a teenager. But she believed him with all her heart—and when Alex laughed it off years later, Chri
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2005)

Friends and Lovers by Eric Jerome DickeyUnfinished Business by Brenda JacksonThe Other Woman by Eric Jerome DickeyTorn Between Two Lovers by Carl WeberThe Midnight Hour by Brenda Jackson
African American Romance
2nd out of 102 books — 80 voters
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonTempt Me at Midnight by Maureen Smith
Favourite Romance Novels
7th out of 25 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Lina
Jul 27, 2013 Lina rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
How do u read this book???
Jennifer Wardrip
Nov 13, 2012 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
In this continuation of the Madaris Family Saga, Ms. Jackson has written another keeper with UNFINISHED BUSINESS. I have to say that I've loved Ms. Jackson's foray into romantic suspense, especially with her richly engaging characters of the Madaris family.

In UNFINISHED BUSINESS, we finally get the story of the youngest Madaris, Christy. Pampered, wealthy, and riding high with the fulfillment of being an investigative reporter, Christy wants for nothing-nothing, that is, except for the love of
stilwaterz
Nov 20, 2011 stilwaterz rated it it was amazing
I am a new Brenda Jackson fan and trying to read the Madaris series in order. Even if you don't read them in order, Ms. Jackson, shares enough details about the characters so you can easily follow their contribition to the story line.

Ms. Jackson does an excellent job of sharing the story of Christy and Alex. Christy has had her heart set on Alex since childhood, but Alex wasn't interested partly because of the age difference and potential resistence from her family.

In true Brenda Jackson style,
Swanangel15's Book Review
Lucky me, I always seem to pick up books that follow a pattern, and my current pattern are women you get what they need handed to them only to throw it in the garbage for what they think they need, and this woman was one of the worst offenders of doing just that.

Read the rest of my review on my blog at:
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Christy Madaris has loved Alex Maxwell since she was 16. Now she is a grown woman and its time to make this man all hers. The mistake he thought he made may be the very thing he should be chasing after. But once Christy's life is in danger he makes the right decision. The only decision he could make.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madaris Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
Karen
Sep 19, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
I have read just about every story in this Madaris series and I have found that each story has it's own unique romance and suspense at every turn from the beginning to the end. Alex and Christy's story does not disappoint either it filled with action, suspense, and the much awaited spicy romance between the two. A must read for sure! LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!
Chelsea
Oct 18, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
What an adventurous story!! Little Christy has grown up and her match will the clever Alex! I enjoyed reading "Unfinished Business". Brenda Jackson has yet to disappoint me. Slow Burn is up next!!
Bridget
Jan 22, 2012 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-read
It is a bout time for Alex and Christy to get together. They have been fighting their attraction for quite some time. They are both mature enough to walk into their book destined love.
Connie
Absolutely loved it! This book has everything:Love, sizzling romance, angst, suspense, excitement, danger on the high seas, and lots of hilarious family drama.
Christy Madaris has loved Alex Maxwell since she was 13 years old. When Christy turns 16, she honestly sees marriage in their future! Alex loves Christy too, enough to walk away from her in order for her to grow up and discover who she really is. But when Alex walked away, he didn't realize how deeply he broke Christy's heart. Now Chris
Kimberlee
Dec 04, 2007 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Well I love all her books. It was amazing to see how Christy grew up over the years and how she was able to deal with Alex.
Keesha Harris
Feb 28, 2014 Keesha Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary

This was a great love story. Alex's and Christy's love proved solid from the beginning. There's nothing like true love.
Sophie Sealy
Dec 26, 2013 Sophie Sealy rated it it was amazing
This falls in one of my top five in the Madaris series. And I am reading it again for the third time.

Definitely worth the re-read.
Brice
Dec 29, 2007 Brice rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Hot Hot Hot roller-coaster of passion flowing all though the pages of this book.Never make a promise your not going to keep
Renelle
Jan 16, 2008 Renelle rated it it was amazing
This book is in a series and I have most of them you have to read them in order. I recommend this book also.
Shannon
Mar 05, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Christy and Alex ...........Great Story
L
Nov 23, 2010 L rated it it was amazing
I love Brenda Jackson's Madaris series.
Lorraine Stephany
Feb 01, 2013 Lorraine Stephany rated it it was amazing
Another great novel by Nora Roberts
Nakia
Jun 07, 2013 Nakia rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites!!!
Jess
Aug 08, 2015 Jess marked it as did-not-finish
I picked this up because it was on the NPR list for the Summer of Love, and I have to say, I was really disappointed. The writing wasn't great, the hero is a pushy dick ("I'm kissing you whether or not you like it so invite me in so we can do it in private" is not the way to my heart), and this just didn't work for me at all.
Janice N. Haigler
Sep 16, 2015 Janice N. Haigler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

I really enjoy this book. Romance with a bit of mystery. Love the way the Hero hung in there for the woman he love. Bravo Mrs. Jackson. Bravo!
Jana
Feb 01, 2016 Jana rated it it was ok
I felt like I came to a house party made of people who I was supposed to know, but I didn't have a clue about their history which was on every page.
Harriette B.Tolliver
Jan 25, 2016 Harriette B.Tolliver rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed every minute of the book could not put it down.
Linda
Jan 15, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
I so love the Madaris series. They are all exceptional good reads about love and family.
Dellean James
Oct 12, 2014 Dellean James rated it really liked it
Loved it
Shawnette
Jul 18, 2007 Shawnette rated it really liked it
I Enjoy Reading About the Madaris Family

Great little romance between Christy and Alex. A little slow at times and definitely long, but once it got rolling I really enjoyed the ups and downs of their relationship. And it's great reading about the closeness of the Madaris family and their circle of friends. I enjoyed the little mentions of the other family that I just had to back peddle and am looking forward to reading the Madaris Saga.
Taz Will
Sep 27, 2013 Taz Will rated it really liked it
I've been wanting to find out about these two for quite some time and I have to say she really did give me what I was waiting for in this book. I loved Christy in this book because she was not backing down no matter how tempting he was.

In all I would have to say this is one of my favorite Madaris stories. I still haven't read them all but this is so far in my top three.
Dorel
Jul 19, 2014 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 13th book's story line was really good. I loved Alex's character. I loved how Alex protected & fought against Christy's attitude. Christy's attitude got on my nerves. I loved how Christy stood up to Justin, Dex, & Clayton. I loved the scene with Justin, Dex, Clayton, & their dad. I loved the scene with Alex, Justin, Dex, & Clayton. I loved the ending.
The Book
Jan 21, 2010 The Book rated it really liked it
This book was amazing because im a romantic at heart Christy Madris has been pining away for her older brothers friend Alex Maxwell.
When christy moves away from the family her brothers get the handsome PI to look after her not knowing that a fire had been united between them but then tragedy strike
Golder-Mier
Aug 07, 2012 Golder-Mier rated it liked it
I liked it enough. But there were too many eye-rolling moments for me to really love it. The island of Vanuatu for one was a ridiculous plot development. Christy and Alex were fine as a couple before the action got mixed up in the story. I highly doubt if I'll read the other Madaris family books.
Jacqui Brooks
May 24, 2014 Jacqui Brooks rated it liked it
Alex broke her heart 8 years ago. Christina is in no mood to forgive Alex. He makes it his mission to get her back. Their relationship is interesting, and I wanted to see how they got together. In my opinion, the sex slavery story line detracted from the story.
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Living Large
  • A Legal Affair
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Tonight & Forever