Start by marking “Unfinished Business” as Want to Read:
Unfinished Business

Unfinished Business (Madaris Family & Friends #13)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,114 ratings  ·  35 reviews
"Hot and sexy."—Romance Reader at HeartTM

Investigative reporter Christy Madaris doesn't want to complicate her life with romance. She made that mistake once when she believed Alex Maxwell's promise to marry her. True, Alex made that promise when Christy was just a teenager. But she believed him with all her heart—and when Alex laughed it off years later, Chri
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2005)

Friends and Lovers by Eric Jerome DickeyUnfinished Business by Brenda JacksonThe Other Woman by Eric Jerome DickeyTorn Between Two Lovers by Carl WeberThe Midnight Hour by Brenda Jackson
African American Romance
2nd out of 99 books — 77 voters
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonTempt Me at Midnight by Maureen SmithThe Midnight Hour by Brenda Jackson
Favourite Romance Novels
6th out of 25 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 27, 2013 Lina rated it 5 of 5 stars
How do u read this book???
Jennifer Wardrip
In this continuation of the Madaris Family Saga, Ms. Jackson has written another keeper with UNFINISHED BUSINESS. I have to say that I've loved Ms. Jackson's foray into romantic suspense, especially with her richly engaging characters of the Madaris family.

In UNFINISHED BUSINESS, we finally get the story of the youngest Madaris, Christy. Pampered, wealthy, and riding high with the fulfillment of being an investigative reporter, Christy wants for nothing-nothing, that is, except for the love of
I am a new Brenda Jackson fan and trying to read the Madaris series in order. Even if you don't read them in order, Ms. Jackson, shares enough details about the characters so you can easily follow their contribition to the story line.

Ms. Jackson does an excellent job of sharing the story of Christy and Alex. Christy has had her heart set on Alex since childhood, but Alex wasn't interested partly because of the age difference and potential resistence from her family.

In true Brenda Jackson style,
Swanangel15's Book Review
Lucky me, I always seem to pick up books that follow a pattern, and my current pattern are women you get what they need handed to them only to throw it in the garbage for what they think they need, and this woman was one of the worst offenders of doing just that.

Read the rest of my review on my blog at:
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Christy Madaris has loved Alex Maxwell since she was 16. Now she is a grown woman and its time to make this man all hers. The mistake he thought he made may be the very thing he should be chasing after. But once Christy's life is in danger he makes the right decision. The only decision he could make.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madaris Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
I have read just about every story in this Madaris series and I have found that each story has it's own unique romance and suspense at every turn from the beginning to the end. Alex and Christy's story does not disappoint either it filled with action, suspense, and the much awaited spicy romance between the two. A must read for sure! LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!
What an adventurous story!! Little Christy has grown up and her match will the clever Alex! I enjoyed reading "Unfinished Business". Brenda Jackson has yet to disappoint me. Slow Burn is up next!!
It is a bout time for Alex and Christy to get together. They have been fighting their attraction for quite some time. They are both mature enough to walk into their book destined love.
Absolutely loved it! This book has everything:Love, sizzling romance, angst, suspense, excitement, danger on the high seas, and lots of hilarious family drama.
Christy Madaris has loved Alex Maxwell since she was 13 years old. When Christy turns 16, she honestly sees marriage in their future! Alex loves Christy too, enough to walk away from her in order for her to grow up and discover who she really is. But when Alex walked away, he didn't realize how deeply he broke Christy's heart. Now Chris
I absolutely loved this book. Well I love all her books. It was amazing to see how Christy grew up over the years and how she was able to deal with Alex.
Keesha Harris

This was a great love story. Alex's and Christy's love proved solid from the beginning. There's nothing like true love.
Sophie Sealy
This falls in one of my top five in the Madaris series. And I am reading it again for the third time.

Definitely worth the re-read.
Dec 29, 2007 Brice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Hot Hot Hot roller-coaster of passion flowing all though the pages of this book.Never make a promise your not going to keep
This book is in a series and I have most of them you have to read them in order. I recommend this book also.
Christy and Alex ...........Great Story
I love Brenda Jackson's Madaris series.
Lorraine Stephany
Another great novel by Nora Roberts
One of my favorites!!!
Aug 08, 2015 Jess marked it as did-not-finish
I picked this up because it was on the NPR list for the Summer of Love, and I have to say, I was really disappointed. The writing wasn't great, the hero is a pushy dick ("I'm kissing you whether or not you like it so invite me in so we can do it in private" is not the way to my heart), and this just didn't work for me at all.
Janice N. Haigler
Wonderful story

I really enjoy this book. Romance with a bit of mystery. Love the way the Hero hung in there for the woman he love. Bravo Mrs. Jackson. Bravo!
I so love the Madaris series. They are all exceptional good reads about love and family.
I Enjoy Reading About the Madaris Family

Great little romance between Christy and Alex. A little slow at times and definitely long, but once it got rolling I really enjoyed the ups and downs of their relationship. And it's great reading about the closeness of the Madaris family and their circle of friends. I enjoyed the little mentions of the other family that I just had to back peddle and am looking forward to reading the Madaris Saga.
Taz Will
I've been wanting to find out about these two for quite some time and I have to say she really did give me what I was waiting for in this book. I loved Christy in this book because she was not backing down no matter how tempting he was.

In all I would have to say this is one of my favorite Madaris stories. I still haven't read them all but this is so far in my top three.
This 13th book's story line was really good. I loved Alex's character. I loved how Alex protected & fought against Christy's attitude. Christy's attitude got on my nerves. I loved how Christy stood up to Justin, Dex, & Clayton. I loved the scene with Justin, Dex, Clayton, & their dad. I loved the scene with Alex, Justin, Dex, & Clayton. I loved the ending.
The Book
This book was amazing because im a romantic at heart Christy Madris has been pining away for her older brothers friend Alex Maxwell.
When christy moves away from the family her brothers get the handsome PI to look after her not knowing that a fire had been united between them but then tragedy strike
I liked it enough. But there were too many eye-rolling moments for me to really love it. The island of Vanuatu for one was a ridiculous plot development. Christy and Alex were fine as a couple before the action got mixed up in the story. I highly doubt if I'll read the other Madaris family books.
Jacqui Brooks
Alex broke her heart 8 years ago. Christina is in no mood to forgive Alex. He makes it his mission to get her back. Their relationship is interesting, and I wanted to see how they got together. In my opinion, the sex slavery story line detracted from the story.
I liked the chemistry, but I guess the two characters started to annoy me after a while. I just started reading this family series, so I'm catching up on back books. This one wasn't one of my favorites, but it wasn't horrible either.
Excellent love match between Christy Madaris and Alex Maxwell. This story has suspense, drama and Love, since Christy has loved Alex since she was 13. It took Alex longer to realize that he loved her - but he got there.
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Living Large
  • A Legal Affair
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Sexy/Dangerous

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Tonight & Forever