Start by marking “Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)” as Want to Read:
Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)

Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands #5)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  1,696 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Women called him the perfect storm because he could sweet-talk any woman into his bed, and regularly did so. Firefighter Storm Westmoreland used lovemaking the way other men used a long, hot shower-to blow off steam. Until a torrid weekend with a too-hot-to-handle virgin left a certain legendary player craving something other than mere physical gratification.

Caught in the

Published April 4th 2006 by Silhouette Books (first published December 2004)

Cheesecake
Just lost the stuff I wrote, so lets keep this short and sweet, like the book.
Storm the playboy and Jayla the virgin whose too old to be a virgin.
But I did enjoy it. I just get tired of the double standards. Not that I want her to be easy...
Anyhow, part of the reason she is a virgin, is because her father was so strict when she was growing up. This is the man who was Storm's boss and a man he looked up to. So even though she has crushed on him since forever, he has always ignored it. He still ig
Chitra *CJ*
Jan 26, 2017 Chitra *CJ* rated it really liked it
Shelves: v-card
Another good addition to this series!
Storm has known Jayla as his fire chief's daughter. While she has grown up having a crush on him, he's always overlooked her until her dad passes away. As he finds her all grown up and enchanting, sparks fly and they end up having a hot affair.
A woman determined to fix her destiny, and a man who intrudes those plans- this was a sweet read with no angst.
Not safe technically
3.5/5
Shawnette
Jul 19, 2007 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Riding the Storm” is another thrilling read. As with all the Westmoreland men, Storm is just as sexy, romantic and intelligent as the others. Once again I was captivated by the HOT & SPICY romance between Jayla and Storm. And I definitely love Mrs. Jackson's HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER endings. I look forward to continuing this series, until I'm all CAUGHT UP with each Westmoreland story.
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved how Storm & Jayla rekindled their attraction in New Orleans. I loved how Storm realized Jayla was the only woman for him. I loved how Jayla got the man she had a crush on for so many years. I really loved how Jayla & Storm got the family they wanted. This book was enjoyable to read & it is worth every penny.
Irene Angel
Sep 25, 2010 Irene Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
niiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeee! wish it could happen in reality...
Fabiola Chenet
Nov 22, 2011 Fabiola Chenet rated it it was amazing
Je l'ai lu en français (La maîtresse de Storm Westmoreland chez Harlequin Passions) mais comme ce roman fait partie d'un volume de deux et que je ne compte pas lire le deuxième de ce volume (d'un autre auteur), autant prendre la version anglaise. :-)

Tout ça pour dire: waouh! Hot! Hot! Hot! Et les héros trop tops et on retrouve pleins de personnages secondaires qu'on adore dont Thorn et Tara, l'un de mes couples préférés de la série!

A lire absolument.
Kimberley Jordan
Nov 21, 2011 Kimberley Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Storm Westmoreland is one of my favorite Atlanta Westmorelands. I liked the opening love scenes in New Orleans. The fact that Storm is loyal to the memory of Jayla Cole's father does not stop him from falling in love and having some hot hot sex. I love the fact that Jayla wants a baby and that is exactly what Storm gives her... Those Westmoreland men will always give you exactly what you want.
Crystal
By the fifth book, I was more focused on her craft. How does she plan out the series? Does she map them all out at the start, or does she figure out one at a time?

I'm inclined toward the former. She has to come up with 17-odd, unique love encounters. That takes planning!
Joy
Jun 20, 2016 Joy rated it liked it

Series: Westmoreland
Stand alone
POVs: Dual

Two bitches, firstly the 26 yo virgin thing. In this day and age I’ll believe that only if this was a time travel romance from regency England or she walked straight out of a nunnery.

Second, Storm Westmoreland, Olympic ho, it was like being banged upside the head over and over....women gossiped about his panty dropping, no repeat, drool worthy self - 'like riding the perfect Storm.' You see, he's had this thing for our heroine for ten years but he respec
Lady Raven RAVE!
YES IT HAS ALOT OF SEX but if you were on vacation and ran in to the crush of your life wouldn't you have alot too if the feelings were mutual but it has a good storyline and i thought the ending was so sweet i wish BRENDA JACKSON would hook up her best friend in the book lisa with a family member a cousin i think that would be good...

Feel free to join my book group on Facebook (Romance Novel Junkies) and fan page ( Romance Novel Junkies Book Reviews). We have over 500 members, which includes w
Rebeca Martinez
Sep 29, 2015 Rebeca Martinez rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story!! My favorite of the Westmoreland series for sure. I was hooked to Storm and Jaylas story from the first page!! They had a past so it wasn't so far fetched that they fell in love so soon in the story because they've been in love with each other for years they just never took the times to acknowledge it.

This books was STEAMY with a capital S. Brenda Jackson definitely knows something about writing love scenes. Her writing is so life like and I am happy with my quest in reading
Lynetta
Oct 21, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reckoning Time

The Westmoreland Series is an invitation to learn about the men and women of the Westmoreland Clan. The men are tall, dark and handsome. The women are sexy, beautiful, intelligent. Each book is a stand alone book so there are no tricks to keep you reading; however once you begin to meet the men and women in this easy to read, happy ending series chances are you'll keep reading. In Riding the Storm, Storm Westmoreland, like his brother, is a force to be reckoned with and Brenda Jack
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 09, 2013 Jennifer Schultheis rated it it was amazing
Riding The Storm is another excellent read by Brenda Jackson. Brenda Jackson proves time and time again, why she's the queen of romance. Riding the storm kept me entertained and emotionally invested in Brenda Jackson's characters. I fell hard for Storm and I felt for Jayla. These are two characters that are meant to be, but didn't recognize that until it was almost too late. Thank you Brenda Jackson for a story that I will re-read many times over.
Yolanda
Jul 30, 2013 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Every time I read Westmoreland novel, I say Jesus send me a blessing. I can definitely relate to Jayla who longs for a baby but does not want the complications and drama that can so often come with marriage. She has long ago given up on love until a Storm literally turns her world upside down. Of course that Storm is a Westmoreland. A sought after bachelor who loves them good but never looks back until the beautiful takes him by a storm.
Rebecca
Love it

Each one of these books make me want a Westmoreland man. Just when you think one brother can't possibly look better than the last brother you get a description of them. Storm is another sexy beast. There is nothing like a sexy fireman. Once again Brenda Jackson did a great job. Would highly recommend this book.
Connie
Feb 11, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet! Storm is sexy, strong, powerful and earth-shaking just like his name! I loved the chemistry between Storm and Jayla. So glad they realized how important it is to communicate and to hold on to your dreams. Nicely Done!
Angeline
Sep 03, 2016 Angeline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot!

Another great read and definitely what I expected from Brenda Jackson. Looking forward to reading more books from this author!
Tigger
Aug 31, 2015 Tigger rated it really liked it
I should stop playing and rate all of Brenda's books with 5 stars!

I am re-reading all of the Westmoreland series getting ready for Bane, yes I know Bailey is coming first, but I have waited for Bane story for YEARS!
Karen
Oct 04, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Firefighter Captain, Storm Westmoreland took Jayla Cole by storm when they both were reacquainted in New Orleans. What an awesome love story that tells of how compromise and letting go of baggage came being about true love. Awesome read!
Yvonne
Jan 28, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
and she has done it again ... a good read
ms bookjunkie
And another Westmoreland bachelor bites the dust… :)
Devon
Jul 10, 2012 Devon rated it it was amazing
I think Storm is my fave! who am I kidding? the entire westmoreland series is my fave. And the Steele series. And the Jeffries series
LaVonna
Sep 23, 2014 LaVonna rated it it was amazing
Great read! I loved the romance and happy ending!
Brenda
Mar 19, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
This was an amazing read!
LaTonya
Jan 24, 2013 LaTonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Storm and Jayla's story. It was a very hot and steamy read!
Taz Will
Jun 04, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
Jayla and Storm were too hot for their own good. Jayla was pretty out there with the online stuff and the baby situation and for not taking Storm up on his offer.
Kayla Dee
Jul 15, 2011 Kayla Dee rated it really liked it
Loved the Westmorelands ! I wish the story was a little bit longer but it definitely was a good read. Finished it in 4 hours. haha i was really into it.
Teresa Scott
Jun 24, 2012 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing
Gotta love this series.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Relido em 14 de novembro de 2015
Shelley
Sep 08, 2012 Shelley rated it really liked it
Cute little short story. I wouldn't have minded if it were longer so we could learn more about Jayla and Storm.
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Living Large
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)
  • Heated
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • Sinful Chocolate
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)